Curry!

Started by therevills, February 23, 2018, 23:16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

therevills

Went to our new favorite curry house last night and had Dill Mushrooms, Murg (Chicken) Lababdar and Lamb Buna Gosht with rice and a couple of naans... very nice and tasty!

Nom! Nom! Nom!

Yue

My wifi network has the following name:"Changed food for wifi."  :'(

Derron

Made Garam Masala myself some weeks ago - still have a pot of it :-)
The Naan I made was enjoyed by all - except my wife. She was the only one thinking my Indian dishes were not that tasty. Bah... my 2 yrs old liked it, this counts.

What I was not able to do properly was the "bread". It is similar to the bread of the Turkish - except you create it with yoghurt. My favorite is butter chicken (chicken marinated in joghurt for 24 hours, then a while in the oven and finally you put this stuff (without the "water") into some tomato/spices-sauce). Yummy.

bye
Ron

therevills

@Yue - I feel for you man, hope your situation improves soon!

@Derron - Yeah, the bread is hard to make at home without a proper tandoor. To me, Garam Masala is a just spice mix what was the recipe?

I like home made butter chicken, havent really found one in restaurants that I have really liked, most of them just taste like slightly spiced tomato soup.. I prefer Chicken Tikka Masala (and that depends on the recipe) and now Murg Lababdar (the red coloured dish in the top photo).

Qube

Oo, that looks nom nom ;D - Sooooo, when do I get an invite around for dinner? :P

Quote from: Yue on February 23, 2018, 23:27:21
My wifi network has the following name:"Changed food for wifi."  :'(
Odd priority. I always go for food first and electric / oil second. If I can't afford the internet then out the door it goes. My priorities are feeding my family and dogs first before myself, no ifs, no buts. I'd never sacrifice food and heat over internet. Years ago I was in a situation where I had bugger all money and believe me, the internet and stuff were way down the list of priorities. I even remember being a sad git and raiding the piggy bank so I could treat myself to a couple of tins of beer. How sad is that?. We all have hard times stories but clearly you have a home, computer, internet and time to code a game and post on a forum, so things clearly aren't too bad are they?
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..you should come here to the night market man (Kuala Lumpur)..youll ate your fingers :)..

Yue

I only put that message on my network because I found out they're stealing my wifi. :D

If a ship carries 26 sheep and 10 goats, how old is the captain?"  8)

In the end it's my black humor.

RemiD

We all have hard times stories but clearly you have a home, computer, internet and time to code a game and post on a forum, so things clearly aren't too bad are they?
yeah it's not total misery like he likes to portray it, some people in "rich" countries live / sleep outside and eat what is remaining in public trashes...

Steve Elliott

That looks delicious therevills  :D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Derron

@ Garam Masala
I just have read what most people put into their Garam Masala..

cinnamon + clove + cumin + black pepper + coriander + cardamom
Cardamom was what I had to buy - and it was similar priced to "prepared Garam Masal mix" - where you know even less what they really put into ;-)

I also added a bit of pimento (like when cooking a stew).

all of these ingredients were grounded using mortar and a pestle. I would have added self-grown dried peppers (grounded then) but as wife does not enjoy sharp (especially now as she is pregnant) and my son is not allowed to eat sharp (while he would try :-)) - I had to provide an extra bowl of peppers at the end for some others taking part in the meal (including me ...I like chillies).

What all these dishes had in common: when cooking they smell rather good, but when they get cold the cumin smells stronger and stronger. Surprisingly you put into everything a big load of cinnamon - and it does not taste that "over spiced" ("only cinnamon") as if I mix it with sugar for rice pudding (son enjoys that ;)).

Rick Nasher

@Qube
QuoteOdd priority. I always go for food first and electric / oil second. If I can't afford the internet then out the door it goes.

Round here you can't get away with that. Everything's digital these days. Even requesting for unemployment/welfare money counts on a person to have internet + computer, for you have to prove you were applying for jobs. It's been considered one of the basic needs and calculated in. (yup, I know it's weird)

Derron

There are areas around offering free internet to those who cannot afford.

You have the right for free information access - but you wont get newspapers for free. Still you can get access to them in public libraries.
But in "private" I understand your POV, internet is something I need daily - for information research, entertainment, work...

bye
Ron

meems

Quote from: Naughty Alien on February 24, 2018, 01:45:55
..you should come here to the night market man (Kuala Lumpur)..youll ate your fingers :)..

I'll come over if u find me a job there, and buy u a curry for gratitude.

Steve Elliott

Kuala Lumpur, I was out there visiting relatives quite a few years back (as they worked there).  Eat out, visited the Towers and such.  Good place.  I guess across between India and Singapore?
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb