appalling situation near my home

Started by Yue, February 21, 2018, 03:10:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

In our neighborhood we are on curfew, no one should leave after 6 pm, today has been a difficult day to buy food, closed shops and those that are open charge very expensive. I got my shotgun ready if anyone wants to break into our house.

Qube

It amazes me that people can be so frightened yet have no problems posting on the bloomin internet about it.

I just find it really odd as if I were in your shoes ( assuming the same situation as your post ) then the last thing I'd be doing is showing dev shots of my game and making posts on forums. There's rioting going on outside with gun shots and curfews, you're inside clutching a shotgun and yet you still code and post on a forum? - Sorry, I just find that bloody odd.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..actually, that sort of things keeps you sane to some degree..otherwise you will go 'overboard' very easy..when i was serving time and within war zone, many guys would literally do some similar silly things unthinkable for given environment/tasks to do..but it actually helps to keep you 'sane' as much as you could be..

Qube

Quote from: Naughty Alien on February 22, 2018, 05:31:06
..actually, that sort of things keeps you sane to some degree..otherwise you will go 'overboard' very easy..when i was serving time and within war zone, many guys would literally do some similar silly things unthinkable for given environment/tasks to do..but it actually helps to keep you 'sane' as much as you could be..
I don't think Yue is some battle hardened soldier who's been in the field for months on end accustomed to daily bombing raids.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Yue

Everything is returning to normality, classes are again taking place, trade is slowly opening up.

Maintaining sanity is the first objective, many people despaired and ran out into the street when they heard the bombs that riot police dropped, not to mention the helicopter that lights up the houses with a powerful source of light.   I guess the idea about my past experience in an armed conflict is that you go crazy or stay sane, but the hardest thing has happened on the first night. Now, how do the aleppo people, Syria, Iraq? Lying sane is the most important thing in a conflict regardless of circumstances.

The first thing I did was to take my wife and my daughter away from the windows, we turned off the lights, I told them with the calmest possible voice, nothing happens, I put videos of cats, and the only one who deserted was my cat, we wait for her return.