..list of available screen size..

Started by Naughty Alien, February 15, 2018, 02:52:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..how to obtain list of all supported screen sizes for attached display/GPU ?? I couldnt find any specific command to do this..

Qube

There is no way to do that with AGK's ( Tier 1 ) command set.

I think AGK just uses the native screen res and scales regardless of what you set in the windows parameters anyway. That seems to be the way of things with what I've come across and also confirmed in the docs. Thankfully AGK does scale really well or I'd be going all "Hulk smash!" on it.

If you really need to know the supported screen resolutions then in Tier 1 the only way would be a separate plugin :(
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..yeah..i figured out that i cant see any command and so far im using SetVirtualResolution(GetDeviceWidth(),GetDeviceHeight()) , and works very well..but i thought it should be some command to provide full list of available sizes for desktop systems..

Qube

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to get a list of sizes / ratios, etc and be able to set those. I think because using a virtual res auto scales and adds black bars ( borders ) where needed that they thought that'd be enough.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..so far AGK seems to be very nice..im using their IDE for now and its fast..what im missing is, functions inside Types..for some reason, i thought thats implemented..NB had that done and it was soooo handy...im wondering are they going to add that any time..