January 26, 2021, 11:47:36 AM

Author Topic: Logic Question  (Read 28273 times)

Offline Derron

Re: Logic Question
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2021, 08:45:08 AM »
I suffer from sleep paralysis, not major like every night, sometimes 5/6 times a year or along them lines... Nothing special, half in, half out, laid there, awake, but asleep at the same time, cannot move, cannot talk and, some hallucations going off, like, squiggly things trying to get in between the door and frame, spiders (fooking hate spiders too) and other oddities! :D

Man I hate that ...  I do not hallucinate then ... IF this happens, it only happens when sleeping on my belly, not my back (never happened when laying on my back - so maybe some "nerves squeezed" or so?). If it happens I almost _everytime_ have my face laying half or full "into" my pillow or the matress. I then cannot move. In my earlier youthood I was barely able to breathe then (breathing through a pillow...) it was like breathing through a straw. it took "felt" 5 minutes or so until I was suddenly able to move a leg or arm and then the whole body.
But I am with my wife now for ... almost 20 years and she got kind of used to me having this stuff 1-2 times a year. AND ... I am able to use my "breathe" to make unclear "noise" (you barely understand what I say as I cannot move my tongue or my lips then). She hears me moaning (after a while) and it is not a random moan but a "hhhhhh hhh hhhh" (so like crying her name - without closing the lips or moving the tongue). She then shakes an arm  or so from me - I can move again and thank her. Then - once my heart rate normalized again - fall asleep and it does not happen again for many months.

As said I do not have any hallucinations when this happens, am no sleep walker, am "dreaming" rather rarely (albeit I give my body 5-7hrs of sleep each day, so enough to do so). In earlier times I thought my "sleep paralysis" was also just a nightmare dream - but since my wife is with me I know that it is not just a dream.

bye
Ron

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2021, 09:37:58 AM »
Ahhhh, a fellow sufferer! ;)

The hallucations thing is a bit of a nightmare like... The last time it happened and my, well, conscious woke so to speak, the first thing I heard was "clicking" noises, and when everything came to view there was this, like 7 inch spider right in front of me clicking it's legs towards me, like in a grabbing fashion, just hanging there in front of me, grabbing and clicking when its legs came together, like I say, I f'ing hate spiders, I'm a right tart when it comes to them, so seeing them in one of them episodes isnt the best, anyway, it eventually dropped down on the bed and scurried off over the edge, I was like "hhhhhh hhhhh hhhh hhhhhhh" like you mentioned, cos obviously the little shit was on the loose now (Well, it wasnt but it was if you get me), and there was nothing I could do as I couldnt move a single muscle. Anyway, I could still hear the clicking after it buggered off, when I eventually came around and was able move, I sat up, and realised, the bloody clicking noises were from the vertical blinds waving in the draft through the window that was open... Suffice to say, I went to BnQ (Our version of your OBI stores) and bought a roller blackout blind and whacked that up! :D

Anyway, I think what kicks mine off it just sheer tiredness and having a lot on at the same time, we all have them moments where we are knackered, but, theres a lot of activity buzzing about in our grey matters, and the whole system is a bit topsy turvy, I cannot actually pin anything else down other then that really, for myself. I do think its my bodies way of telling me to slow down, I'm not sure when I started getting them "regularly" as in, I expect them X amounts of times a year, but I do recall odd moments when I lived at my mams, like waking back up in a shock just after nodding off, which I called "Falling off the garden gate", you know that feeling when your say, on a chair and balancing it on the back two legs and you just cock it enough to get the feeling your a gonna and you have that little shock moment... Like that, and I sorta lashed my arms out, my right arm went right into the wall, no damage, it was just in there, floating about in the wall, I was looking at it thinking "How the f***?", then, it went a bit hazy and disappeared and my right arm was happily tucked under my right side! :D

Overall though... Doesnt stop me going to sleep, I dont worry about it now, if it happens it happens and nothing will spoil that lush moment when the day has been a pile of crap and you nestle yourself under the covers to hide away from the world for a few hours! :) ;) hehehe

Dabz

Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2021, 11:31:01 PM »
Attached
I eat cheese in the trees when its eight degrees

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:08 PM »
Attached

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2021, 10:29:13 PM »
As expected....drug test result...

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2021, 12:06:36 AM »
Whatever your thoughts on my comments about being drugged...well hey it forces me to relax and not work so hard, and to take the foot off the accelerator pedal in life.

Offline Derron

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2021, 07:37:48 AM »
Whatever your thoughts on my comments about being drugged...well hey it forces me to relax and not work so hard, and to take the foot off the accelerator pedal in life.

Why?
Why are "someone wants to poison/do something to/... me" things enforcing to you relax and not work so hard?

Search work, put cameras in the house (you are out of your home then - best chances for "them" to do something there - and for you, to record it on camera). Search work and gain some money ... and learn to know some people.

So I think "taking of the foot" is the wrong thing to do now.

bye
Ron

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »
My opinion of mental health services.  If you have kids think carefully before ever letting them be medicated.

"The only difficulty I have with wishing to see a support worker or a counsellor or any mental health professional is this:

Step 1. Mental health department causes deliberate mental injury to Matt via drugs and shit over 25 years ruining his life.
Step 2. Matt now in moderate difficulty.
Step 3. Mental health department says we see you are in difficulty Matt that was caused by us - would you like our help to recover?
Step 4. Matt says no.
Step 5. Mental health system says okay then we will make things worse for you until you are forced to take our help by law.
Step 6. Matt says you're a pack of arseholes to himself internally but outwardly concedes and says I'll take your help but knowing internally that both of us know you caused this.
"

Online GfK

• Scrotty furtler
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2021, 12:35:11 PM »
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.
MSI Apache Pro | I7-7700HQ | GeForce GTX1060 3GB | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline Pakz

• My homepage
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2021, 03:13:13 PM »
Matty. If you are sick I think you need treatment. A woman was in the news here protesting herself for days I think it was in parlement or a medical building until she got treatment.

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
Agreed.  Things are fine.  Just venting.  After 25 years of certain messed up crap done to me though....I needed a thread to vent in.  At least I keep it all in this one thread.

Online GfK

• Scrotty furtler
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »
Nobody here is a counsellor.  Nobody here can help you.

You should start a blog, or a diary, or something.  Because to me, it's pretty fucking rude using somebody else's programming forum to 'vent' about your personal problems.  You are making everyone else feel bad.  Did it ever cross your mind that people might be dealing with issues of their own, and have enough to contend with without you popping up every few days with yet another tale of woe?

I come here for a bit of bants with others - not to read this shit day in, day out.

If you want to mope about - fine.  Just stop shoving it in everyone's face.

[edit] Actually, try Socoder - that place thrives on misery and pomposity.  You'll fit right in.
Intel I9-9900K 3.6-5.0GHz | GeForce RTX2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.
MSI Apache Pro | I7-7700HQ | GeForce GTX1060 3GB | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Windows 10 x64.

Offline Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2021, 04:10:26 PM »
I have to agree with everything Gfk has said.

We had a similar situation with a user who is now banned, bringing us down continually.  For a lot of people at the moment it isn't exactly sunshine and rainbows.  This is a cool place to escape too, discuss our like-minded interest in computers and coding, and have a few laughs from time to time.  Politics and depression are for other sites/organisations.   
Windows 10 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Big Sur 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, Intel i5 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi 400, Pi4, BBC B, C64, ZX Spectrum

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2021, 04:21:38 PM »
No one expects you to read it.

Very simple 'logic question thread, new post i think I'll skip that'.

Ta.

Qube hasnt complained.

Oh and do you think I give a toss about your opinion when my own family and friends have left me...of course not.

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »
If it's that big a problem....delete the thread.

Ps...attached pick the odd one out in this google search on you tube hahaha

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal