October 17, 2018, 07:27:39 AM

Author Topic: Logic Question  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
Re: Logic Question
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 06:48:21 PM »
....and now my web host has its c-panel buttons half in English and half in Russian....oh well....hopefully they fix it...was trying to upload some content this morning and I can no longer read half the buttons!

Online Derron

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 07:59:55 PM »
Maybe the other "new" admins of your site prefer Russian  :))

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2018, 11:43:21 PM »
Consider this as junk mail if you like but I wanted to share something absolutely and totally off topic and I think this thread is probably a good focal point of weird and philosophical cr@p of sorts.

There's enough weird stuff in this particular thread to justify it I feel....

I have an online journal that I write thoughts on multiple times a day (I've written close to 4,000 articles since June 2016).

I wanted to share what I just wrote this morning before work - ignore if you wish, treat this post as non existent if it's too weird....enjoy however if you like:

---------------

from my journal

---------------

Solid Goodness

There truly is some solid, substantial, real, physical goodness in the universe, definitely.

There is a mix of solid good with solid chunky difficulty. It all goes together. It is all coordinated, planned, deliberate and so on. The whole lot, the good and the bad.

It is a mix of many things - though and I can feel, really truly feel the solid chunky goodness inside the solid world I live in.

I don't want to list off the good things because I will miss some of them but I may list a few.

There is the cool water, the sunshine, the solid fact of having a body and a being and a presence. The reality of having a job that is interesting and engaging most of the time. The coffee, the food, the air, the coolness, the warmth, the friendly people - the fake love and the real love - both are good but especially when it is real. Artwork, colours, pretty flowers, pretty women, pretty pictures and shapes.

There is beauty, rich beauty, amazing beauty.

There is also among all of this deep and terrible horror and suffering and sadness that many experience - all of it coordinated for a purpose and a plan and a reason that is in someways terrifying to understand but at the same time - the good is also planned.

Just as the horror is planned, so too is the amazing goodness of the universe planned. It is not without rhyme or reason, it is there, somewhere buried deep in the plan of the universe and its God.

There is the fact I have my physical and mental health - that is good. I have money, others have money. I have food and clothing and shelter, and friendly people, whether fake or not - I have good friendly people in my life.

The absences of love I talk of so often are also rounded out by the quality goodness I experience - it is all there - all sides of the equation. In different measures.

And there is much, much good, much, much good. Indeed a great deal of amazing goodness.

The goodness is solid, as is the heartache. They are both good and real.

Even the keyboard I type on right now, and can feel beneath my fingers as they press down on the keys is amazingly good in its solidity and physicality. It is a goodness that feels amazingly wonderful and wondrous.

There is magical wonderfulness and goodness everywhere.

Everywhere.

But it is not alone. It is not without its opposite, although its opposite is planned and purposeful too.

The fact that it is purposed and planned though suggests that because there is the presence of good the ultimate truth is good somehow.

It cannot be evil with such good in it.

It cannot be totally unjustified the evil that is around but is instead a part of a greater plan that is beyond me and without comprehension from my part.

I can sense the strongest good coming from the smallest of places. The strongest good coming from the least expected of locations.

There are those birds of paradise as I call them, but there are also the solid rocks of goodness and love and beauty and solid tough justice and love.

There is capriciousness too - but between the cracks of capricious devilry there are amazing sources of solid chunky goodness holding it all together.

There is a greatness, a wondrousness, a magical beauty, an amazing rightness and an amazing perfection in this place that is hidden behind a mask of imperfections and cracks that betray the reality that good is real, and that good is beautiful and solid.

And there is the most amazing perfect goodness everywhere you look - in the small things, in the little things, in the substantial physical things.

Even pain can be good sometimes.

There is indeed a strong sense of wonderful goodness. Amazing perfection.

And yet - it is perfect because it carries with it deliberate imperfections that mask its true goodness.

I do not know how to best describe it, but there is a miraculous wonder here.

A wonderful goodness exists, indeed it does, indeed it does.

Magical.

Beautiful.

Flowers.

Colors.

Birds.

Cats.

Families.

People.

Love.

Softness.

Kindness.

It exists.

Joy.

Sunshine.

Fog and clouds and trees.

Mountains and rivers.

Animals and plants.

Even death can be good when it is a sacrifice for something powerful and amazing and wondrous.

But it is not the desired outcome of course.

There is a magical mystery beauty in this world that is like an artwork that contains both light and dark, shade and beauty, quality and imperfection.

It is all there as a perfect masterpiece of wonder.

Enough.

Time to prepare for the day and thank everyone for all the good.

Offline Rick Nasher

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2018, 09:03:37 PM »
Indeed.
Without darkness there's no contrast and nothing to be seen like on an empty sheet, so no story to tell and therefor no time. Light and darkness are needed for time to exist, for anything to exist and perceive movement.

It's the balance that makes out what things are like. But without suffering, there's also no beauty to distinguish from.

So, in the beginning there briefly was only darkness and nothingness. Then light came to be for as a rule in the universe/existence there's always a positive and a negative, + or -, light or darkness, something or nothing.
That moment when nothing and everything was one, could only exist for a very short moment according to that rule.

One can only speculate, but I imagine the formation of the universe by a divine creature knowing this all and more than we can possibly perceive right now. Perhaps He himself was once created in another universe, like ourselves,  and this road we're on will then maybe lead to the same or similar outcome, creating an endless chain of events and universes, which are in itself like the slides of a projector, binding together the fabric and miracle of space & time, the beauty and perfectness of it all would be staggering.

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2018, 12:09:48 AM »
Here's one for you.....

Yesterday at work I was given a job to do - which I did but the obvious choice for variable names resulting in some really disturbing combinations of words in functions/procedures and so on that really looked quite bad to anyone who misread them slightly.

So...because I don't like that - I came in extra early to change them to something really nice and pleasant instead....Much better.

Completely irrelevant to the program, computer and invisible to the users but I prefer to fill my head with stuff that isn't fed to me to be a diet of bad cr@p that feeds the soul terribly...so changed them to something wonderful instead....took a few minutes with a few global replaces. I don't like reading words that look like other (very dark) words with the substitution of maybe one letter all throughout a program.

Offline IanMartin

• Retrolutionary.com
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 01:33:55 AM »
I have a variable in my current game to keep track of which letters have been typed already.  It's a Global so I write it as LettersHit[] so I guess it would look worse if it was a Local since I make those lower case like this: "lettershit".  When I'm reading the code it usually looks like letter shit anyway.   :P
Platfinity (made with BlitzMax) on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365440/Platfinity/

Online Derron

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:04 AM »
lettersEntered
lettersUsed
usedLetters

@ Matty
So your games do not have methods like "Kill", "onDie", "KillUnit()", "SetDead" (I prefer SetAlive(bool) too) ?

bye
Ron

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 10:38:42 AM »
They might....i havent checked....but some things are darker and creepier than death (your theme in your examples)

Offline Kryzon

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2018, 07:00:35 AM »
Sometimes I fall asleep but because of some noise outside or something, I might forcibly wake up. At these moments (mind still waking up) I see things that aren't there, like a weird-ass insect climbing the wall next to me, and then it fades away and isn't there anymore.

The worst of these cases happened when I woke up in panic thinking there was a giant (hand-sized) spider descending from the ceiling onto my face, I jumped out of bed screaming. But there was nothing there ofc.

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »
Re things happen while you sleep:

I have a door snake/sausage to keep the heat in my house at the front door.

Every night when I get home I place it against the door.

To open the door successfully I have to move it out of the way.

It's Winter and bloody freezing at the moment so I always place it in its rightful place.

However two or three nights in a row now I've woken to discover it in the open position which is the only way the door can be opened.

Suggests to me the ridiculous idea that someone has come in while I sleep and been unable to put it back in place when the door is closed again.

I find that absolutely ridiculous. Weird.

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 04:25:34 AM »
So I've got the day off today to get the car serviced and as I walk past the mural near my home (middle of street) I notice someone has altered the rego on the train to 666.  Can't remember what it was before but it wasn't that.

Online Derron

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2018, 06:56:51 AM »
place a surveillance camera (night vision!) facing to your front door ... and I bet the door sausage will stay where it was - or you will record a busty lady sneeking into your house, sneeking into your bed and doing filthy things while you are asleep (just check if you wake up with a grin in the face).

bye
Ron

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 06:58:47 AM »
ha ha ha thanks Derron..

I have an idea..not a camera though....but I'm fairly sure - lightning never strikes twice - it won't move ever again now that I've noticed it.....especially if I 'trap' it in some way to capture the situation....

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2018, 08:04:03 AM »
And that's how you get zombie children....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-20/court-ayla-cresswell-use-dead-boyfriend-sperm-to-have-baby/9889068

Legal rights of dead donor? None. Seems wrong to me.

Online Derron

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
Sorry for off topic now: dunno if it is a good idea to use the sperm of someone who does suicide - this is in almost any case a proof that this person does not want to have children (else he would not commit suicide).

bye
Ron