Author Topic: Logic Question  (Read 5238 times)

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
Logic Question
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:58:42 AM »
Good Morning / Afternoon People.

I have a puzzle for you - I want to see if there is some other explanation for something than where the logic leads:

I have a wallet.  It stores credit cards and notes.

I live alone.

On Friday morning I shook my wallet and coins came out - I do not normally keep coins in my wallet, so I wasn't sure how they got there.

I emptied my wallet on Friday morning of the coins and went to work.

On Friday evening I came home from work. My wallet was empty of coins, notes and only had my credits cards, library cards and identity cards in it.

I went for a walk and left my wallet on my kitchen table.

No one else lives in the house except me.

I later took some dollar coins and went to the supermarket, with my wallet, and bought some yoghurt.

There was no change from the yoghurt purchase - $5 in coins, no change.

I came home, ate the yoghurt and went to bed.

I woke up in the morning and my wallet was heavy. It had coins in it. Strange, I'd shaken the coins out the previous day - which I didn't know how they got there in the first place.

There was a 20 cent piece. And a 'toy' coin (shown below)

Logic tells me that for the coins to have entered my wallet one of the following must have occurred:

1. Someone put them there - either me, or another.

2. Possibly I was not as thorough at shaking out my wallet as I thought but I vaguely remember checking it when I went to the supermarket and it was empty apart from the dollar coins I used to buy the yoghurt (and I also withdrew some notes from the ATM).

If it is 2. then problem solves (although how the coins got in there on the morning before eludes me too).

If it is 1. then either:

1. I put them there and have no memory of it.

2. Someone else had access to my wallet while I slept - and I live alone?

If 1. then my memory is probably in need of 'help'.

If 2. then who would it be? My mother and father are known to have a key to my house - but they live half an hour and an hour away respectively. In any case - the idea that someone would enter my house while I slept and place two coins in my wallet is rather ludicrous.

So where else does the logic lead?

There is a third option:

3. I have a magic wallet that grows coins overnight while I sleep - not enough to buy anything with but still a nice little magical wallet.  ;-)

?

Offline Goodlookinguy

• How to be Unprofessional: A Blitz Research Ltd Story
Re: Logic Question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 02:29:36 AM »
Quantum teleportation.

...or aliens.

I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

Offline Yue

• YiHosting Your Hosting Free
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »
It is something strange, the mind often confuses us at certain times during events in the day that we do not remember but happened.
It's just like the tooth under the pillow, which the child sees the next day on a coin. Who put it there? The lazy mouse? We usually remember things that didn't happen.

When I was a child, I was walking on a sidewalk where on the right side there is a lawn, I remember in a vivid way that I thought, I am going to find a clock, it was the image so vivid in my mind of the clock, white with thick stains and Roman numerals, that when I went to the lawn I saw the clock between the grass, and at the end I never knew what happened.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Offline Hardcoal

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
what about the option that your wallet has holes and those coins where just hidden inside and falling when they please?

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 10:48:09 AM »
...nahh..this one is simple..

1) yoghurt was actually vodka
2) Hangover happened and because of that there is no memory of bunch of girls rocking which had happened
3) Coins were remains of game 'hit my wallet while im naked', but there is no memory of such game (step 2)

:)

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »
You could be on to something Naughty.... ;-)

Offline meems

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 10:51:52 AM »
reminds me of one of my strangest experiences.

>Got into bed to sleep. I notice there's a pen in the quilt.
> Not on it. In it.
> Not just inside the quilt cover, actually inside the quilt with the feathers!
> its the pen I was using to write that evening
> quilt is totally sealed, no zip, no buttons.
> wtf_thats_impossible.jpg
> surely its just wrapped up in a crease
> if I wriggle and twist the quilt, it'll come out, because this must be an illusion, it MUST be outside the quilt
> nope, its inside
> spend 15 minutes trying to remove pen from quilt, all the time not really believing my own eyes.
> cut the bulshit this can't be real. it can't be inside
> squeeze pen to a corner of inside quilt. Grasp it with hand. Its inside with the feathers. Quilt exterior is outside.
> brain melt down. Reality is bugged, where is the bug report forum, call Mark, anyone, someone explain please wtf is going on here and fix it
> I'm knackered I need sleep
> sleep
> wake up next morning.
> pen is outside quilt, laying on the sheet.

I question my sanity, perhaps a drink I has was spiked but I hadn't been outside, I don't do drugs or have any in the house, but I know this kind of experience happens on LSD. Or maybe the aliens were having a laugh. But I never figured out the pen and quilt mystery. Maybe I had half fallen asleep at my keyboard and not realised and was in a semi dream state with only half of brain working.
I've had many experiences I can't explain, but this was the strangest, because there was absolutely no tricky agent or unknown circumstance. It was with normal mundane objects & environment that I was entirely familiar with.

Offline meems

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
btw does Matty's double spaceing and my angle brackets clue anyone as to which social medias we've been on for the last 5 years?

Offline Derron

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 12:10:37 PM »
double spacing: happens to me when using chrome on this site.

> is the default quotation sign when replying to emails (in non-html-format)
Single greater-than also is used in some markup languages for quotation

So ... my guess is Matty is using chrome and you often reply to emails? ;-D

bye
Ron

Offline meems

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »
Derron my son, I is disappoint.  :(
Matty goes to reddit, while I've been on 4chan. You've been under a rock, so much board culture you've missed. Which sites have you been on to chat?

Offline Derron

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:11 PM »
Did you really take my reply seriously? Ouch :-)

I just wanted to show off that there are so many reasons for things to happen. I for myself are German but am writing without Umlauts (äüöß) like Swiss people would. I am still German, not coming from Switzerland.
Using the > for quotes is simply faster as you do not have to rely on bbcode working well. But some forums interpret quotations correctly, make linked profile urls behind names and so on. In that case one should try to use _their_ formating rules. Not to talk about conversions/migrations to other boards.

Using double spaces can also be a sign of stressed eyes - some people just do have trouble reading texts if the lines / characters are too narrow to each other (letter/line spacing). As "non-formatted" input areas do not have "half spaces" (just check differences between double-enter and paragraphs) you can only have "none" or "full empty line" spacing).

But hey, at the end you might still have the right answer for matty's post formatting style.

PS: My last post on reddit is surely ~1 year old. Some people wrote about my game and I replied there for some reasons. 4Chan ...know it, visited it once in a while but nothing more.

bye
Ron

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 05:28:40 PM »
Ive made possibly 2 posts on reddit ever....advertising my game in 2015.

Apart from blitz and syntax bomb i stay off social media.

Abandoned all forms of common social media 8 months ago.

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 12:21:21 AM »
Abandoned all forms of common social media 8 months ago.

..one of the best things to do in life now days..it really puts things in to perspective, on some rather positive way..

Offline GaborD

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 01:10:10 AM »
Agree to that.
I never used social media. Colossal waste of time and killer of nerves.
If I want to lose all faith in humanity I can just quickly read some Youtube comments instead. Does the job well enough.  ;D

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:02 AM »
I felt uncomfortable with social media in July last year when my Facebook feed began continually talking about suicide and then private conversations I was having with my ex girlfriend over the phone were being quoted by people I barely knew within hours of the phone call.  That was enough for me.