Code a game competition - Jan 30th - Apr 10th 2018 - £500 worth of prizes \o/

Started by Qube, January 30, 2018, 00:10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

OK. No more posts (I thought people would be interested in the dev process?)

I'll now nail my game to the mast:

Based on the Towering Inferno Disaster Film...

And yes, it will use the engine (as seen) and be a turn based strategy game...

RemiD

Qube

QuoteOK. No more posts (I thought people would be interested in the dev process?)
Absolutely interested ;D - Create a post in the Worklog section and I'll move all the dev posts to it. Would be nice to see the progress all in one place :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

@ Adam
Interested in dev progress too - especially if they contain more "evolutionary" stuff than in Yue's "todays dev shot of the car" screenshots.

Having a "worklog" allows to elaborate here and then on certain thoughts - and it allows for interaction with users - so we could give feedback without affecting people watching this thread here for "other reasons" (eg. the competition ;-)).

BTW: So I was right with the movie, hah.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

RemiD

they contain more "evolutionary" stuff than in Yue's "todays dev shot of the car" screenshots.
:D (@Qube>>we need a smiley which is laughing, where have you found these smileys ? you made them ?)

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Quote@Qube>>we need a smiley which is laughing, where have you found these smileys ? you made them ?
I didn't make them. I agree we need more smileys and will get around to it.. soon :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

I have some filthy smileys I made for a chat 15 years ago ... just in case someone's name is Dick, I am sure I have some fitting ones :p

filthy stuff :p

While this would be needed for the pizza-nom-nom thread:

Boring threads benefit from

I allowed index/listing so feel free to checkout some other smileys. Ok, recognized someone needs to adjust the antialiasing for dark backgrounds (my chat was white - as it was common in the eary 2k years).

'nough derailing of the thread.

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

My main dev rig is crippled thru no graphics card, meant to make moves to address that today however had two tyres blow out on the car which ate into my resolve my dev rig issue. I doubt there's ever been a film about pot holes, there was that dodgy film about Big worm things in a desert with Kevin bacon....

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0100814/

7.1 on imdb, so not so dodgy, and I recall it from... 28 years ago, jeez.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Xerra

Quote from: 3DzForMe on February 18, 2018, 23:44:21
My main dev rig is crippled thru no graphics card, meant to make moves to address that today however had two tyres blow out on the car which ate into my resolve my dev rig issue. I doubt there's ever been a film about pot holes, there was that dodgy film about Big worm things in a desert with Kevin bacon....

So you're going to be making a game about giant worms coming out of pot holes to eat giant cars?

I would play this !
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Derron

If he made a game for "part 1" of the movie franchise then the game would be about hopping from rock to rock - as the worms were not able to dig through them.

Difficult parts in the game would be areas without rocks - so you might "bait" the worms to another area (other side of a "deep-buried-rock-lane") and then rapidly hop-hop-jump-jump to the end of the rocks, pass the sandy ground to the next rock area.

If he brings in the creatures from the other parts of the franchise, then the "fire farters" (dunno how they are called, just watched the German dubbed version) might come as flying attackers ;-)

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

You can't beat a bit of paper prototyping:-

The spirit and imagination are firing on 4 outa 6 cylinders, a bit like a 2.3 ghia cortina I bought a while ago...

So, the spirit and imagination are kinda working, alas, the flesh (might...) be weak.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Derron

Still wrote no single byte for the compo. Just enough other stuff waiting to get done first. *grr*

bye
Ron

Steve Elliott

So just Adam and Qube on this one?  Or are we gonna see some late entries again?
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb