Code a game competition - Jan 30th - Apr 10th 2018 - £500 worth of prizes \o/

Started by Qube, January 30, 2018, 00:10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

Damb - you got me Qube! Yep there is some OpenGL 3d in the background - it's a slow work in progress (no 3d frameworks or pre-built stuff here, hehehe)

I need to crak on or there will be nothing to show...

ahuang

my pleasure, Qube, glad to support such a vibrant compo in a small way.

Conjured Entertainment

Quote from: Holzchopf on January 30, 2018, 18:07:48
I have an idea. And a question: Are films based on true events allowed? If not: Are films based on video games allowed?
lol

Shall we play a game?[/aivoice]

QuoteHas anyone actually started a game yet or all still thinking ideas?
Still thinking, but I am getting distracted by my attempt to create a blockchain, so I have a good excuse.

iWasAdam

OK. Let's get this thing kicked off with something red, swirly and tasty...

Xerra

M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Xerra

M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Dwapook

I have a question.. If the movie I want to use is in the public domain, would I be able to submit an adaption, rather than a parody?

Qube

Quote from: iWasAdam on February 01, 2018, 15:01:25
OK. Let's get this thing kicked off with something red, swirly and tasty...

Is it a plasma storm type thing?

Quote from: Dwapook on February 01, 2018, 20:59:01
I have a question.. If the movie I want to use is in the public domain, would I be able to submit an adaption, rather than a parody?
You would still need to be careful as a public domain film can still have copyrighted material like music / art etc. I think so long as you stay away from ripping music / images / dialog / character names etc out of a move / tv show then I don't think the legal teams are going to rain mighty hell down on us.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Qube

My game is super easy to guess. Here's the loader screen :P

I'm doing retro again just because I enjoyed it but with no limits on colour ( hence the blocky bits ).

Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

STEVIE G

Quote from: Qube on February 02, 2018, 05:06:52
My game is super easy to guess. Here's the loader screen :P

I'm doing retro again just because I enjoyed it but with no limits on colour ( hence the blocky bits ).

Nice! Have you been hacking my comp?  :P   Looks like I'll be doing the follow up "ExBiens" in low-fi .. lol.   It was only one of my ideas but I haven't even started so I'll go with another.   ;D

Qube

QuoteNice! Have you been hacking my comp?  :P   Looks like I'll be doing the follow up "ExBiens" in low-fi .. lol.   It was only one of my ideas but I haven't even started so I'll go with another.   ;D
Lol no, no uber hacking skills here, just a zillion ideas bopping around in my head before a tick box went with this one and another zillion ideas to do with it popped in ;D - Although I'll have to limit what's possible by a shed load based on time.

Do the same if you want as I'm sure we'll come up vastly different games ;D

Until the next time.

STEVIE G

Quote from: Qube on February 02, 2018, 06:23:48
QuoteNice! Have you been hacking my comp?  :P   Looks like I'll be doing the follow up "ExBiens" in low-fi .. lol.   It was only one of my ideas but I haven't even started so I'll go with another.   ;D
Lol no, no uber hacking skills here, just a zillion ideas bopping around in my head before a tick box went with this one and another zillion ideas to do with it popped in ;D - Although I'll have to limit what's possible by a shed load based on time.

Do the same if you want as I'm sure we'll come up vastly different games ;D

I already decided against it - too much work.  :o  I was going to attempt a turn based laser squad type game with your team of Berk, Hooks, Hobson, Radley, Mallard etc..  BUT there would have been no chance of doing what I wanted in 10 weeks.  Looking forward to playing this though.

I'll be going lo-fi again with my entry so I can spend less time on the assets and more on the gameplay.   

Qube

QuoteI already decided against it - too much work.  :o  I was going to attempt a turn based laser squad type game with your team of Berk, Hooks, Hobson, Radley, Mallard etc..  BUT there would have been no chance of doing what I wanted in 10 weeks.  Looking forward to playing this though.

I'll be going lo-fi again with my entry so I can spend less time on the assets and more on the gameplay.
Yeah, there is a lot of work ahead and I just need to keep things simple. I can't guarantee loads of free time to spend on it so I'm trying to be a little better this time with what I can / can't do in the time frame. * famous last words *

I'm also going lo-fi again because I so enjoyed it last time and I also don't feel that super HD would enhance the game massively.

@iWasAdam... That much, so soon, already? :o

Until the next time.