June 18, 2019, 06:47:30 AM

Author Topic: Code a game competition - Jan 30th - Apr 10th 2018 - £500 worth of prizes \o/  (Read 22924 times)

Offline iWasAdam

Damb - you got me Qube! Yep there is some OpenGL 3d in the background - it's a slow work in progress (no 3d frameworks or pre-built stuff here, hehehe)

I need to crak on or there will be nothing to show...

Offline ahuang

my pleasure, Qube, glad to support such a vibrant compo in a small way.

Offline Conjured Entertainment

• Conjured Entertainment
I have an idea. And a question: Are films based on true events allowed? If not: Are films based on video games allowed?
lol

Shall we play a game?[/aivoice]

Has anyone actually started a game yet or all still thinking ideas?
Still thinking, but I am getting distracted by my attempt to create a blockchain, so I have a good excuse.

Offline iWasAdam

OK. Let's get this thing kicked off with something red, swirly and tasty...

Offline Derron

Slow fire... hmm

?

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
Crap. i probably should have resized that  :-X

Offline Steve Elliott

lol just untick the file on edit, save, and re-upload again.
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).
MacOS Mojave, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.
Linux Mint 19.1, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).

Offline Dwapook

I have a question.. If the movie I want to use is in the public domain, would I be able to submit an adaption, rather than a parody?

Offline Qube

• Administrator

Is it a plasma storm type thing?

I have a question.. If the movie I want to use is in the public domain, would I be able to submit an adaption, rather than a parody?
You would still need to be careful as a public domain film can still have copyrighted material like music / art etc. I think so long as you stay away from ripping music / images / dialog / character names etc out of a move / tv show then I don't think the legal teams are going to rain mighty hell down on us.
Until the next time...

Offline Qube

• Administrator
My game is super easy to guess. Here's the loader screen :P

I'm doing retro again just because I enjoyed it but with no limits on colour ( hence the blocky bits ).

Until the next time...

Online STEVIE G

My game is super easy to guess. Here's the loader screen :P

I'm doing retro again just because I enjoyed it but with no limits on colour ( hence the blocky bits ).

Nice! Have you been hacking my comp?  :P   Looks like I'll be doing the follow up "ExBiens" in low-fi .. lol.   It was only one of my ideas but I haven't even started so I'll go with another.   ;D

Offline Qube

• Administrator
Nice! Have you been hacking my comp?  :P   Looks like I'll be doing the follow up "ExBiens" in low-fi .. lol.   It was only one of my ideas but I haven't even started so I'll go with another.   ;D
Lol no, no uber hacking skills here, just a zillion ideas bopping around in my head before a tick box went with this one and another zillion ideas to do with it popped in ;D - Although I'll have to limit what's possible by a shed load based on time.

Do the same if you want as I'm sure we'll come up vastly different games ;D
Until the next time...

Online STEVIE G

Lol no, no uber hacking skills here, just a zillion ideas bopping around in my head before a tick box went with this one and another zillion ideas to do with it popped in ;D - Although I'll have to limit what's possible by a shed load based on time.

Do the same if you want as I'm sure we'll come up vastly different games ;D

I already decided against it - too much work.  :o  I was going to attempt a turn based laser squad type game with your team of Berk, Hooks, Hobson, Radley, Mallard etc..  BUT there would have been no chance of doing what I wanted in 10 weeks.  Looking forward to playing this though.

I'll be going lo-fi again with my entry so I can spend less time on the assets and more on the gameplay.   

Offline Qube

• Administrator
I already decided against it - too much work.  :o  I was going to attempt a turn based laser squad type game with your team of Berk, Hooks, Hobson, Radley, Mallard etc..  BUT there would have been no chance of doing what I wanted in 10 weeks.  Looking forward to playing this though.

I'll be going lo-fi again with my entry so I can spend less time on the assets and more on the gameplay.
Yeah, there is a lot of work ahead and I just need to keep things simple. I can't guarantee loads of free time to spend on it so I'm trying to be a little better this time with what I can / can't do in the time frame. * famous last words *

I'm also going lo-fi again because I so enjoyed it last time and I also don't feel that super HD would enhance the game massively.

@iWasAdam... That much, so soon, already? :o
Until the next time...