My Mistake.. and monitors

Started by Hardcoal, January 23, 2018, 15:30:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardcoal

I've made a big mistake when I started programming..
I went too deep too fast..
now im changing approach.
I will still continue big projects..
but I will also release and investigate small stuff, Instead of keeping it all to myself, which is an error..

I would off course make it if i hadn't had the Screen Tiredness Issue..  that prevents me from thinking clearly and so on.. but that's another story..

Also I admit.. I heed my Ideas because I didn't want others to copy me, but sometimes you have to pay a price.

I also want to mention about the new ClearInk technology For paperlike displays..
which is much more promising than E-Ink.
If everything goes well, we will soon have paperlike monitors if the industry wont try to kill it off from Greed or similar evil reasons..

The next thing I'm gonna present is my concept for an IDE..
I will work on a little prototype and share it with you guys..

I always complaint that IDE's sucks.. and ill show my approach very soon.

Besides that, I can't even start counting how many ideas in my head screaming for executions.

For Example: I was working on a BluePrint programing concept way before Unreal Engine came out..
                    But a single person with limitations and eye tiredness cannot make face such challenges successfully

Any way.. I'm gonna try :)

The GameEditor is still my main project 

Now i'm gonna share stuff in middle of process as I should have

Cheers..
Code

Hardcoal

I bought a new computer screen and im very pleased with it..
I had for years problem with monitrs.. they maade me head aches.. and all sort of side effects..

I have 144hz LG 32" monitor..
I think the high refresh rate makes a big difference..

This particular monitor is cheap for what it offers..
It doesnt have sadly Gsync, It had FreeSync .. but still its good..

Its a VA panel..

model 32gk650f
Code

Qube

I have the 144hz LG Ultragear 27" model 27GL83A monitor and definitely find the 144hz display easier on the eyes. It does have G-Sync and FreeSync but I've never even tried it :))

EDIT : I bought this one as it also supports 50hz which is a God send when playing retro games from the Amiga, C64 and Speecy era.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Hardcoal

So youre saying its better to play retro games on a 50hz monitor.

btw i will not buy an IPS panel.. too much light bleeding.. horrible black level

the funny thing is now my OLED screen is not in use :)

lol who would imagine i would replace an oled with a VA screen..

well , thats until the damn companies will release an oled computer monitors..

there is no pixel burning when you use it wisely.. if anyone wondered
Code

Qube

Quote from: Hardcoal on March 13, 2021, 01:39:46
So youre saying its better to play retro games on a 50hz monitor.
In the UK retro computers like the C64 outputted at 50hz and to get that silky smooth scrolling you need a monitor that does 50hz or 100hz if using frame doubling.

Quote from: Hardcoal on March 13, 2021, 01:39:46
btw i will not buy an IPS panel.. too much light bleeding.. horrible black level
Huh, I wouldn't go that far with the monitor I have. Sure it's an IPS panel but it's in no way like you describe.
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Hardcoal

my experience with ips was bad .. so maybe your monitor does a good job
Code

Qube

Could be that I'm not as sensitive to monitors as you? From your posts it sounds like you have a tough time finding the right mix.

I was looking for an OLED monitor which fitted my needs but could find one that had the Hz rates I wanted.

This one cost me enough so I'll not be replacing it any time soon :o

Until the next time.

Hardcoal

i bought more monitors than shoes..  and im not joking
its not that i couldnt find the right one for me..
they simply made us suffer for years with fking 60hz refresh rates and other horrible symptoms that they could have spared us from.

so all this years of my life i was in pure agony and it kinda also responsible of ruining major part of my life, since i was addicted to computers
Code