Voting time for Retro Code a game competition - Nov - Jan 2018

Started by Qube, January 21, 2018, 18:51:03

Previous topic - Next topic

BasicBoy

1. Van Tourisimo
2. SyntaxBomb
3. The Last Ginger Ninja

Well done to everyone who submitted a game!

BasicBoy.
--

STEVIE G

1.  Get To Da Choppa
2.  The Last Ginger Ninja
3.  Alien Drop Pods

Qube

Quotethe thread title is a tad misleading....should be Jan 2018?
Yes it should be 2018, fixed thanks :) - My fault!!, nothing to see, move along folks.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

I'll modify this post with my votes once I've played the entre's after my Work thing which kicks off @ 0610 ish... Liking the look of Van Turismo and fungicide, both arcade style games from my yoof.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Scaremonger

Awesome games guys.

My vote is:

1) Get to Da Chopper
1) Syntaxbomb
2) Van Tourismo

3DzForMe

Before I get to my votes, I would like to thank Qube for generating, hosting and doing an astounding job of hosting this forum - it still has me coding, which I love.

The variety and quality of the entries for this competition have been nothing short of brill.
Qube, your loading screen was an excellent throwback to time spent at my mates... oh, a little more than (yep...) 3 decades ago for his C64 to load.

I though Van Turismo would get my No.1 vote (reminiscent of supersprint), however get to the Choppa has so much attention to detail in the gameplay (the soldiers gun pointing down hill!) - that clinched it for me.

Unfortunately my download of the Syntaxbomb game blew away trying to start it - so for all the gameplay looke great, I couldn't test it.

Very well done to all the contributors, indie software engineering takes sincere application - and I'm pleased to have (only just....) been a part of this compo with my BATSAWAY entry. 

1. Get to the Choppa
2. Van Turismo
3. Fungicide

[EDIT]

That means pick your favourite three games a write down.

1st < insert game title >
2nd < insert game title >
3rd < insert game title >

Whoa, best I re-submit my votes so they adhere to the syntactic rules:

That means pick your favourite three games a write down.

1st Get To The Choppa
2nd Van Turismo
3rd Fungicide

Tuns of votes so far obliviously won't count unless you use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prefixes  ??? ::) :P

Derron

1st: Van Tourismo
2nd: SyntaxBomb
3rd: Get To Da Choppa

@ "no sound"
Excuse the 0% there - but I just got no sound, might be different on another computer.
Checked the values and even "good sound" should not result in #1 to #3 positions.

I also replaced the image with a new one as I missed to add the sound rating to "Alien King".

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

Derron, I appreciate your effort judging the entries, well done  ;)

iWasAdam

Derron

If you want to use it on your own:
https://www.gamezworld.de/files/compo_review.ods

Just adjust the weightings to your need and it auto-calculates the other stuff.

STEVIE G

Quote from: Derron on January 27, 2018, 14:05:30

1st: Van Tourismo
2nd: SyntaxBomb
3rd: Get To Da Choppa

@ "no sound"
Excuse the 0% there - but I just got no sound, might be different on another computer.
Checked the values and even "good sound" should not result in #1 to #3 positions.

I also replaced the image with a new one as I missed to add the sound rating to "Alien King".

bye
Ron

I had multiplayer (2 player local) - does that up my %  ;D

3DzForMe

Multiplayer - I reckon thats good for at least a 20 percent uppage - I confess I haven't exercised that element of your game Stevie - damn, I was judging them from a singly perspective ;)

Derron

Yes...it would up to 25-33% in the multiplayer rating (lan and internet for up to 100% needed if the gameplay allows that). Will adjust when on my computer again.
Family visiting now.

Edit: after calculating everything in my head (no need of calculator/excel. Bahh! take this!). Think after rounding you ended up with 79%, so a big up by 0%.
Seriously: I removed the weight of "multiplayer" as it was no real requirement in the compo - and I absolutely thought "none of the games have it". Think it would increase "Reviewer note" if I had someone to play with me (the game) - as multiplayer in a racing game is "fun" (in other games it is "necessary" - like in a shooter).

Bye
Ron

col

Yep Van Turismo is multiplayer 8)

Very difficult choice for ranking as they are sooo close, I'm a bit of an arcade fan so that influenced by choices a bit.

1. Van Turismo
2. Syntax Bomb
3. Get To Da Chopper

-
4. Last Ginger Ninja

Awesome games everyone, a lot of effort went into them! And also thank you to all for the 'free play' 8)
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

STEVIE G

Quote from: Derron on January 27, 2018, 14:54:15
Yes...it would up to 25-33% in the multiplayer rating (lan and internet for up to 100% needed if the gameplay allows that). Will adjust when on my computer again.
Family visiting now.

Edit: after calculating everything in my head (no need of calculator/excel. Bahh! take this!). Think after rounding you ended up with 79%, so a big up by 0%.
Seriously: I removed the weight of "multiplayer" as it was no real requirement in the compo - and I absolutely thought "none of the games have it". Think it would increase "Reviewer note" if I had someone to play with me (the game) - as multiplayer in a racing game is "fun" (in other games it is "necessary" - like in a shooter).

Bye
Ron

Haha - 0% bump - booooo!  Was just a thought based on your stats.  You can't have a racing game without MP IMO  :D