Voting time for Retro Code a game competition - Nov - Jan 2018

Started by Qube, January 21, 2018, 18:51:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Yue & RemiD - Please fix your posts re the voting rules, thanks :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Qube

Quote@Qube>>have you checked that all games respect the 320x200 16colors max limits ?
Not yet but will be doing soon :)
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

STEVIE G

Quote from: Qube on January 24, 2018, 18:56:57
Quote@Qube>>have you checked that all games respect the 320x200 16colors max limits ?
Not yet but will be doing soon :)

I just checked my current working version and my heart sank as it highlighted 30 pixels on the menu image which weren't in my original palette.  :o 

Turned out it was the large yellow Fraps FPS counter in the top right.  I'd had fraps on in the background while rendering the menu image for a post comp build! Thankfully it's not on the comp entry - it would have been a little harsh to be disqualified for that?  ;D

RemiD

it would have been a little harsh to be disqualified for that?
it would be fun (at least for me) if somebody on the top 3 positions, get out because of this lack of precision/attention.  ;D

Yue

SyntaxBomb 
HIDDEN ITEMS SEARCHER FINDER
The Last Ginger Ninja

Ok?

STEVIE G

Quote from: RemiD on January 24, 2018, 21:51:55
it would have been a little harsh to be disqualified for that?
it would be fun (at least for me) if somebody on the top 3 positions, get out because of this lack of precision/attention.  ;D

Lol .. miserable b*stard  ;D

Rules are rules after all, although they did evolve to include last minute bug fixes. 

Perhaps if someone has had 2 attempts to vote and failed to comply with the very simple voting rules, their vote doesn't count ;)

Quote from: Yue on January 24, 2018, 13:54:32
SyntaxBomb.

Quote from: Yue on January 24, 2018, 21:53:23
SyntaxBomb 
HIDDEN ITEMS SEARCHER FINDER
The Last Ginger Ninja

Ok?

Qube

QuoteOk?
Yue, no!

Voting rules :

1.. State your favourite three games in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

That means pick your favourite three games a write down.

1st < insert game title >
2nd < insert game title >
3rd < insert game title >

Please do not just copy and paste the three lines above :P

QuoteRules are rules after all, although they did evolve to include last minute bug fixes.
Derron suggested that uploading bug fixes would be ok "upload it if it contains small fixes. If someone is then crying "Burn the witch" then he has taken the competition way too seriously." - I can find a fault with yours if you want? ;D

QuotePerhaps if someone has had 2 attempts to vote and failed to comply with the very simple voting rules, their vote doesn't count ;)

I'm beginning to wonder if they can't follow super simple instructions then how on earth do they code :P

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

STEVIE G

Quote from: Qube on January 24, 2018, 22:58:18
QuoteRules are rules after all, although they did evolve to include last minute bug fixes.
Derron suggested that uploading bug fixes would be ok "upload it if it contains small fixes. If someone is then crying "Burn the witch" then he has taken the competition way too seriously." - I can find a fault with yours if you want? ;D

Nah, as you were Boss.  ;D

Qube

Good boy ;D

Besides I'm not going to go all super nit picky and analyse every single fine detail. I think we can all be happy on visually looking and seeing if something is a clear violation to which the games being voted for and winning are not. I have had a look at the entries and 1 definitely is out of bounds due to bilinear filtering.

Until the next time.

RemiD

On my side, what i did was to capture a screenshot using the print key (one for the different section of the game : title, prologue, instructions, game, score, thanks), then use a procedure to count the numbers of colors in each image (render), and apparently all respected the 16 colors max in the game...
It is rather quick to do that... (but the game must be in windowed mode)

ahuang

the thread title is a tad misleading....should be Jan 2018?

Great game submissions!

Derron

Only 2 posts to go and you are allowed to vote (at least when following the rules) :-)

bye
Ron

ahuang

Thanks for the reminder, Ron!