TestPace X [ Developing]

Started by Yue, January 17, 2018, 01:17:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Quote from: RemiD on February 02, 2018, 18:16:59
Yue is much more skilled than Xylvan... Look at the structure of his meshes and look at his uvmapping/textures, then go take a look at those of Xylvan, you will quickly see the difference.
I don't think Yue actually modelled and textured those models?
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Yue

It should be noted that I did not make the models, and all credits are to their respective authors.

The futuristic car model was designed by Piotr Kupsc, which I authorize to be used in this game.
Piotr Kupsc "Sure go ahead, no need to credit me for it".

https://www.artstation.com/piotrkupsc

On the other hand, the model of the astronaut is created by Kuro, who grants the model with a commercial license, which demands that in the game somewhere put his name.

https://sketchfab.com/models/8366b64c9b4f41beb66f170f91b39c87#

In such a case the only thing I do is to adapt these models to my needs, like tearing off the hands and arms of the astronaut's model and putting him in the character in the first person, in such a case with the car as well.

I could create models, however I think there are many people with incredible capabilities for that, and the only thing done so far is to try to take a lot of pieces and join them together as you do with a puzzle, nothing from the other world, maybe that's what our friend RemiD refers to.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Rick Nasher

Hehehe.. Xilvan. - I like to think he is a hippy or something with his friendly, non-violent, on LSD tripping atmospheric scenes.  Where is he anyway? I give him credits for perseverance.

And I do agree: Yue, you are way more skilled and slick, even though you use 3rd party models. Perhaps even that will change later when the focus is less on the coding(you learned a lot). The way you use them looks really good and that can only be credited to you.  8)

Update wise I can see a similarity: we can barely keep up with all the updates..  ;) Perhaps an idea to show only the bigger changes? And post 1 link where people can always get the latest download. Otherwise might be bit overkill.

Nevertheless: I'm always curious to see what you added this time, so I keep checking. It's kinda addictive like watching a TV series. These things are also what makes this forum feel very 'alive'.

Steve Elliott

Update wise I can see a similarity: we can barely keep up with all the updates..  ;) Perhaps an idea to show only the bigger changes?

Agreed.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

RemiD

ok...
But even his previous creations (like "pawn" or the "forklift") were "cleaner" than those of Xylvan.
And Xylvan's games were buggy and anormally slow... (for the complexity of the scene)

Qube

Quote from: RemiD on February 03, 2018, 10:05:42
ok...
But even his previous creations (like "pawn" or the "forklift") were "cleaner" than those of Xylvan.
And Xylvan's games were buggy and anormally slow... (for the complexity of the scene)
Lol, I was just saying his models were not created by him when you said they were better than Xylan's :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

RemiD

I just wanted to precise things, since the comment by Naughty Alien is like an insult to a game dev... (being compared to Xylvan is not a compliment, imo)

Naughty Alien

QuoteI just wanted to precise things, since the comment by Naughty Alien is like an insult to a game dev... (being compared to Xylvan is not a compliment, imo)

..nou..it was not a comment but question..after all, i will never take Xylvan as an example for insult, as that guy had persistency i have never seen before (tats a good thing)...i was merely making a friendly joke regarding bunch of frequent updates i saw, hence, it reminded me on moment in time when that was major signature of Xylvan work...thats all...far from insult far as im concern...

Yue

Constant updating is a kind of personal motivation.   And to create a video game from my point of view is to put together a puzzle and make everything work well, at first this was out of hand, but I have improved the code and it's much easier for me to keep it, since I don't focus on what I don't know, if not try to improve what I know. It is undeniable that I have learned things, and I believe in a certain way I have learned them badly or by force, but if I succeed in doing something, it will be a lot of fun.

My learning projects

When I look at the above, I feel like it's been a long time..

edit: A suggestion for the forums, is possible a section of Logs, as in the old forums?

Steve Elliott

Constant updating is a kind of personal motivation.

That's fine, and understandable.  Good luck with your projects...But please don't keep posting large pictures every 10 minutes.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Yue

Quote from: Steve Elliott on February 03, 2018, 16:22:12
Constant updating is a kind of personal motivation.

That's fine, and understandable.  Good luck with your projects...But please don't keep posting large pictures every 10 minutes.

In that case my request to Qube is, if possible, a section of logs, as in the old forums.

Steve Elliott

Yes, this has been requested before.  Qube?   :)
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

Wow Yue, that's a really nice collage of screenshots from your projects.

Derron

@ RemiD
I think Yue took the models from some websites - at least he thankes some users for the astronaut model - and maybe even for the tesla model.

So his work should be the "engine setup" and the "interaction" (steering, menus, ...).  In other projects (Pawn...) I think Yue did some textures and modelling - so maybe the models in this project are already edited by him - or not.

Think once he learned a bit of Substance Painter (and the likes) it won't be that hard for him to create some textures for the models - to improve look a bit more.

bye
Ron

Yue

Well, at my daughter's suggestion, the soil texture has changed, a little more reddish. ;)