January 22, 2020, 12:34:19 PM

Author Topic: Crypto Currencies?  (Read 1130 times)

Online Derron

Re: Crypto Currencies?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 07:39:49 PM »
so those who are more intelligent / smart /  strong / agile / fast / endurant / motivated / ingenious / courageous / etc..., could earn more, but with a limit...

There is a simple answer and question in the same moment: why should they if there is a limit?

If you cannot reach for the stars, then you most probably won't even try.

Discussing this will sooner or later lead into a politics and "political system" discussion (as the "greed" is based on the political system and history). It is
a) derailing this thread
b) something I think Qube was not in favor to see (if I remember correctly).

So if you want to discuss about "crypto currencies vs old school invests" (or so) then open a new thread and we could write there - with the option to cross the borders to political discussions or "system" discussions.

bye
Ron

Offline RemiD

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 07:51:07 PM »
of course, we can stick to the technical aspects of crypto currencies and buying/selling, but the initial goal of bitcoin was also political in a way (more safety, more transparency, more freedom, decentralized). and the way the coins are distributed between the creators and the first buyers are problematic if the goal is to have a more fair money system...

can you criticize owners of big international banks if you do the same with cryptos ?

recently i learned about how coins were duplicated for bcc / bcg / btc, and it is insane ! (money from nothing indeed)
DualCore AMD E-450, 1646 MHz - 6 Go DDR3 1333 SDRAM - AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (384 Mo) - Windows 7 Home Premium - DirectX 11.0

Online Derron

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 09:37:49 PM »
If you are into trading (here and there) than this coin forges are good chances - as you also gain something out of nothing. Same for "air drops".

For this it is important to remember: have your coins on a trading platform often means you will not receive these free coins - some platforms allow claiming them, but others don't. Yet I think this "ICO"-season was 2018 and for now we are still consolidating.

bye
Ron

Offline Kryzon

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 03:30:00 AM »
It depends on the kind of sale you do.
Market, Limit, Stopp-Limit, ...

Some act this way: 
(...)
Thank you for all the information Derron, it's the first time I'm reading about this. Where did you learn all this?

Someone said to me that cryptocurrencies (BTC especially) are best used for what they are, currencies, money for you to buy things with. 
Is it worth it to play the speculation game, trying to make money from them?

Online Derron

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 06:17:42 AM »
Learning by doing / seeing stuff I do not know what they mean.

Speculation is good...as long as you are assuming the right future development ;-).
Long term holding/invest the same.

Bye
Ron

Offline fairgood

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 07:42:42 PM »
The ledger Nano is a good secure hardware wallet for crypto
https://shop.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-s
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPpZxOjvU10
You just need to check it supports the coin you want to store
Nano X is a little more expensive but has more storage

All in for #VET VeChain here myself :)

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 07:22:21 AM »
High risk investment = good odds you will lose your investment.

Online Derron

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 08:28:36 AM »
If you lost your investment, then someone else won it. Who says you cannot be the one who wins the investment of someone else?

bye
Ron