what does mini/openb3d have that mojo3d does not?

Started by William, January 01, 2024, 22:11:24

Previous topic - Next topic

William

just seems openb3d needs to be repaired in some things causing crash but that 5 months ago someone released some C code for openb3d with deferred lighting, PBR and stuff. i think i want to put that together but openb3d has some crashes and minib3d just got updated, if it is a simple process to add the fixes to openb3d.
im still interested in oldschool app/gamedev

William

is there any particular way openb3dplus has to be compiled, does blitzmax support .h and .bi files for interfacing with C? i dont know if its supposed to be its own wrapper or meant to be compiled with openb3d but i think its an extension but i am not sure if its standalone.
im still interested in oldschool app/gamedev

markcwm

I'm not working on the wrapper any more, I haven't been for a few years now. So I can't really be much help. 

Originally, I was thinking of wrapping Openb3dplus but decided to instead port a few samples to Blitzmax, the shadowmap example which didn't work properly. Wrapping Openb3dplus properly would take quite a bit of time. 

I would recommend using Krischan's PBR code which works perfectly with Openb3d. Where did Minib3d get an update? I can't find that.

angros47

What kind of crash do you experience with OpenB3D?