Happy New Year 2018

Started by Qube, December 31, 2017, 07:26:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Ahh, New Years Eve and we're all clock watching, waiting for the time to sing at the top of our voices while trying to remember the lyrics to "Auld Lang Syne"... "Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and da da da da daaaa".

Yup, it's time to glug an extra beer or three in the spirit of bringing in the jolly spiffing new year.

2018 is nigh... What wonderments will it bring?, what new ventures will we embark on? and most of all, will I go broke funding the game comps :P

Without further ado, here are SyntaxBombs highlights of 2017 ( from the top of my head and completely random ):

1.. June 2017 - SyntaxBomb relaunches after a long hiatus.. Alternate forums throw a fit but settle down in the end - forum WW3 averted \o/.
2.. Qube mortgages his business empire and launches cash based game competitions.
3.. Although born from the die hard Blitz community, AGK begins turning users to the dark side.
4.. markcwm goes nuts and posts loads of handy Blitz related info posts.
5.. New site theme applied after member revolt due to eye strain.
6.. All the old Blitz sites close down. Mark Sibly glad he lives in New Zealand to avoid physical lynching.
7.. Qube wins first game comp. #keepdabosshappy
8.. BasicBoy joins forum and storms to victory for the Halloween game comp. ( for some reason the ban button failed )
9.. Jan 2018 comp becomes very popular. Nobody has a clue what the rules are.
10.. Jayenkai airs his views on RonTek's forum. Could of got out of hand but forum WW3 averted \o/.
11.. Steve Elliott gains the most posts of 2017, gets a slap and told to get back to making his Burger Time clone shine.
12.. GaborD shows us his awesome shader work... Leaves us hanging for usable examples.
13.. Dabz goes globe trotting. Wears a Santa hat with a slogan "Twat in a hat" during Belfast visit and escapes in one piece.
14.. Matty posts artwork and videos. Members are unsure if he's mad or a genius.
15.. Yue continues his 16 hour work days, joins college, hates tutor, tries every language under the sun and starts a hosting company.
16.. Christmas arrives, forum goes dead for a couple of days.
17.. Christmas passes and members sober up and remember how to post on the forums again.
18.. Jan 2018 comp still causes confusion about virtual 320x200 res with a maximum of 16 colours. Qube looses will to live and goes to bed.

Seriously though. Thanks to all our members for helping SyntaxBomb relaunch.

Happy New Year ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

RemiD

All good, except the start of the new (solar) year was the 22th of december  ;D

Happy new year guys, and thanks Qube for this forum !

MikeHart

Hehe that was an awesome summery. Wishing you all a safe and great jump into 2018.

Matty

Very good.  Nice to get a mention too. Thanks.

It has been a great replacement for the blitz forums and I'm so happy so many old members found this place.

zxretrosoft

RonTek

GaborD

Have a great new year everyone!

NRJ

QuoteMatty posts artwork and videos. Members
are unsure if he's mad or a genius.
LOL.
We are game programmers, we all are genius...  :D

Happy New Year to all.
IF YOU CAN DREAM IT,  YOU CAN DO IT...

http://www.nksoftgames.blogspot.com

3DzForMe

Quote from: RemiD on December 31, 2017, 07:33:44
All good, except the start of the new (solar) year was the 22th of december  ;D

Happy new year guys, and thanks Qube for this forum !

Brilliant summary Qube, and its feeling almost summery here in the UK as the days have stretched out by a massive 18 minutes already, and the temperature soared to nearly double figures.

Kudos to Qube for his administration of SyntaxBomb over 2017  ;D

Happy New Year Folks.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

RemiD

I wish you the best in your life and projects for the new year, but just to make you think a little outside the box, about what we consider "real"/"normal" (like the calendar we use, and the current year we think we are in) :
rd-stuff.fr/calendrier-republicain-structure-date.jpg ( published in France around "1793" )
( source : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Republican_Calendar )

Just to demonstrate that a lot of things we assume as "real"/"normal" are completely arbitrary ! That's all, have a nice evening/night/morning whatever.
lol !  :P

therevills

Scaremonger

Happy new year. Wishing you all good fortune in 2018.

Steve Elliott

Happy New Year guys!  :D

And nicely summed up Qube lol.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

ahuang

Happy new year!

Noob to the forum :)

Yue

I feel flattered by the mention, hopefully it will bring us this year, equally grateful to the community, especially Derron, Mr. Adams, Rick, Qube and so on.