..broadcasting..<SOLVED>

Started by Naughty Alien, April 04, 2018, 07:24:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..hi guys..i have, i believe, trivial issue, which im failing to fix...basically, what i have created in AGK, works fine (windows)..all media are inside 'media' folder...now, when i broadcast game in order to test it on android phone, im getting error on phone that some (first one to be loaded) image cant be found. My guess is, its about file/folder path because examples which are included with AGK broadcasting fine...AGK is installed (including examples) in C drive while my project im working on is on D drive..im not sure does that affecting anything but just in case i wanna share that info..so..what could be wrong..game works fine when i execute it on windows..when broadcast, error is that first image to be loaded cant be found, which is probably file/folder path issue...so..how?

EDIT:
Issue is related to case sensitivity, where file names fed in to program were not same(in terms of case sensitivity) with actual file names on hard drive. It works fine on windows but on mobile targets it doesn't..just in case someone hit this problem..

Rick Nasher

It's probably due to Android and the likes being Linux based and therefor case sensitive.
Thanks for sharing.

Naughty Alien

..probably..but it seems, same apply for HTML5 export on windows desktop...so, better keep filenames proper..

Rick Nasher

Ah, ok. Good to know. Kinda makes sense too, being universal.

Guess only windows stuck to the non-case sensitive stuff, which can also lead to odd results when having a Linux build tool performing actions on a windows filesystem, so I've notice in the past. Or directories/files that appear to be unremovable for Windows.