Return to Blitz3D / windows 10

Started by Yue, December 26, 2017, 20:45:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

:o

With the result that Leadwerks has no current vehicle system support, I have returned to the old Blitz3D, and only created a prototype vehicle for a simple game.

And the truth is impressive to me that Blitz3d still worked.

RemiD

@Yue>>we are the "last ones standing" and not afraid of the future !

As long as the programs made with Blitz3d work well on widespread versions of Windows, i will keep using it !
Creating realistic/high details graphics takes too much time/energy anyway, and Blitz3d is perfect to prototype/create simple games. So hey why not.

Steve Elliott

Creating realistic/high details graphics takes too much time/energy anyway

Now that is true...It's all about the game play in my eyes anyway.   :D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

RemiD

gameplay is important, of course, but graphics and sounds are important too ! But nice graphics does not necessarily mean high details 3d shapes with photorealistic textures and motion captured animations...

Steve Elliott

But nice graphics does not necessarily mean high details 3d shapes with photorealistic textures and motion captured animations...

Yes, totally agree.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Yue

One of the things I learned the hard way, is that a video game doesn't have to be cutting-edge graphics, where the only rule is that it's fun.

Opps! My daughter's favorite artist's audio tapped me.
Lindsey Stirling

Rick Nasher

GaborD

Nice stuff, Yue!
Will be fun to see what you come up with in great old Blitz.

RemiD

With such physics, you could try to create a game similar to vigilante8 / twisted metal ;D

Rick Nasher

Interestingly enough, when investigating Bullet Physics on AGK I found the software for usage in Python and C++/Unity) is freely available on GitHub ( https://github.com/bulletphysics/bullet3/releases ) and is apparently created by a Dutch guy now working for the Google Brainteam which is/was also closely tied to Boston Dynamics. You know: from our lovely, friendly, little backflipping dude(soon to be a real life Terminator  :) ) 'Atlas The Robot'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq-V7dzc8s

Sing along: - It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, etc. - lol

Yue

Continued on this, I've switched from the physics bullet system to newton. This is because tires are more realistic with the newton physics system.

Yue

:)

What pleases me about Newton's physics system is that tire crashes are more accurate compared to the bullet system when rim crashes with lightning strikes.  :)