Ooops
April 10, 2020, 10:58:40 AM

Author Topic: Building mojo1 example fails on CerberusX on Windows desktop  (Read 1749 times)

Offline jvdw007

• Blackjet Games
Building mojo1 example fails on CerberusX on Windows desktop
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:10:57 PM »
Hiya guys.

So I have a two-fold problem. I used Monkey-X 86e on my devbox to build my Windows GLFW build of my game. It worked flawlessly and runs perfectly fine on a Win 7 machine. Then I thought I had better check it on my Win 10 laptop and this is where it all started. It immediately comes up with a c++ runtime error:
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the vcredist.exe (x86/64bit) files on the machine with reboots inbetween and it makes no difference. Even tried to run my game in compatibility mode etc. Nothing seems to be working.
So I then run it on the wife's Win 10 laptop and it works out of the box there. I can't tell what is different from her machine to mine with regards to vcredist's installed as they are pretty much the same.

So I think ok, let me try it with CerberusX since it is more up to date. Install the latest version on my devbox and HTML builds work fine. GLFW comes up with a compile error for MinGW. So I think ok, let's do a build using an example, namely blobmonster from chartie. Same issue.. (capture.png)
Here's the actual error in text format:

TRANS cerberus compiler V2017-10-24
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Copied openal32.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied openal32_COPYING to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied openal32_LICENCE to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied libcurl.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
../glfw3/src/context.c:1:0: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in
Copied libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied libssl-1_1-x64.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
gcc  -m64  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug64/context.o ../glfw3/src/context.c
Makefile:56: recipe for target 'build/Debug64/context.o' failed
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m64  -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64  -LC:/Cerberus/libs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2
 //========================================================================
 ^
mingw32-make: *** [build/Debug64/context.o] Error 1

I then proceeded to search the build folder and the CerberusX folder and there is no context.o file in existence.

To clarify, my game error is a little different but seems to point to the same issue:

Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
gcc  -m64  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug64/context.o ../glfw3/src/context.c
 ^
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m64  -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64  -LC:/Cerberus/libs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32 -lcurldll" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2

So the MAIN problem I currently have is:
1. Why does my game work on Win 7 but only on some Win 10 machines? (Capture2.png)
2. Why does CerberusX get a compile error on any code I try? (Capture.png)
Retro gaming fan and maker sometimes...

Offline jvdw007

• Blackjet Games
Re: Building mojo1 example fails on CerberusX on Windows desktop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »
Further to the above: tried something with the MinGW paths in CerberusX config.winnt.txt

My paths are:
MINGW_PATH="${SYSTEMDRIVE}\DevTools\TDM-GCC-64-4.9.2"
MINGW_PATH="${SYSTEMDRIVE}\DevTools\TDM-GCC-32"

Commenting out the first gives this error on blobmonster:

Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Copied openal32.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied openal32_COPYING to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied openal32_LICENCE to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied libcurl.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied libssl-1_1-x64.dll to C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m64  -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64  -LC:/Cerberus/libs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2
 ^

Commenting out the second one and re-instating the first gives this error:

Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.7.2053.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 19/12/2017 21:18:56.
Project "C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
"C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
  C:\Cerberus\examples\mojo\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv2017-10-24\glfw3\msvc\CerberusGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:00.16
TRANS FAILED: Error executing '"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" /p:Configuration=Debug', return code=1

And finally, leaving both lines uncommented gives this error:

Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
 ^

Offline RonTek

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »
Hey jvdw007, you should also post this issue at the official forum here https://www.cerberus-x.com/community/

As for MinGW, I think it would be better to use the provided package instead of a separate installation, at least that's works for me (I'm still using Monkey-X btw)

Hope that helps.

Offline jvdw007

• Blackjet Games
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »
Hi RonTek.

Thanks for your reply. Not quite following you about the "provided package", but I'm assuming you mean a stock installation that hasn't been configured to use any other external tools.

I deleted the MonkeyXPro86e folder and re-extracted it as a default "install" and then just ran Ted. Tried building Blobmonster GLFW and it still fails. As does trying XNA.

GLFW error:

"C:/MonkeyXPro86e/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) -config=Debug "C:/MonkeyXPro86e/bananas/charlie/blobmonster/blobmonster.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.87
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.7.2053.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 19/12/2017 23:52:45.
Project "C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
  C:\MonkeyXPro86e\bananas\charlie\blobmonster\blobmonster.buildv86e\glfw3\msvc\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.87
TRANS FAILED: Error executing '"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" /p:Configuration=Debug', return code=1
Done.

Offline RonTek

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:06:47 AM »
Yes, that's correct. I'm not sure if XNA is still supported and you might want to also try the MonkeyXPro87a Pro version that you can now download at ItchIO. https://blitzresearch.itch.io/monkeyx

If you're really need the updated version with fixes then just try to use Cerberus-X. More info here:

https://www.cerberus-x.com/community/threads/how-to-build-desktop-target.30/

Online Amon.

• What? There's no ceiling outside?
    • Amon.Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »
It looks like your trying to build with MSVC and not MinGW. Try building with MinGW and report back.
Windows 10 Pro - 16GB DDR4 RAM - GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI 11GB - AMD RYZEN 7 3800X

Offline jvdw007

• Blackjet Games
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »
Hi Amon,

I was using a stock install with Cerberus-X too and it still didn't work.

What it turned out to be was my own Win 10 laptop that has some issue in that it refuses to run my compiled desktop GLFW game. Yet the same game runs perfectly fine on my wife's laptop and two of my other mate's Win 10 machines.
It compiles fine in Monkey 86e on my Devbox (Win 7) but not on my Macbook, yet compiles fine on my Macbook under Cerberus-X but not under Monkey 86e!
At the end of the day it doesn't matter. I just want each platform to compile whichever version works and that is now achieved. :)

Offline RonTek

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
What it turned out to be was my own Win 10 laptop that has some issue in that it refuses to run my compiled desktop GLFW game.

This is quite interesting, could you post some details on this specific issue?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. I just want each platform to compile whichever version works and that is now achieved. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal