Can you believe it - we're almost there - Mars

Started by Matty, December 15, 2017, 02:52:37

Previous topic - Next topic

meems

>can you believe it
No. I've been red-pilled on space and the apollo hoax. We haven't been to the moon yet.
There's a lot of things about the tech to be skeptical about. Like why in 50 years on space tech isn't there a continuous on-person footage of an astronaut leaving a space vehicle to go out for a spacewalk. We're always seeing them fixing the externals with spanners and pliers.

meems

Quote from: Henri on December 16, 2017, 12:51:14
Blue Origin just published a cool video of their launch of crew module into edge of space (100 km).

what the heck was that bump at just after 8:00 that sent a bigger shockwave than the bump-landing? Did it hit a hang-glider?
yes it looks realistic and makes u wonder where these simple thru the window footages have been for the last 50 years. Shame that they are 1st appearing at exactly the same time when top end cgi can make indiscernible fake footage.
If this sorta stuff had been released back in the 1980s on the shuttle, they'd have been no doubt it was real.
I wish they'd given the music guy more than a one key xylophone to play thruout the whole vid. They may have got the visuals pinned down, but NASA still need to work on their audio.

Rick Nasher

Please remind me to never fly with Bezos' space ship, the windows seem a bit like asking for trouble. :-)
Anyhow, both these companies(Blue Origin & SpaceX ) use vertical take off and landing. Seems incredibly difficult to land a elongated tube exactly balancing on it's feet, but if they can do that..

Then I never understood why it's so difficult to create a SF style lifting body shaped spaceship that can do vertical take off like a harrier and once in air turn 90 degrees up switching to rear rockets, which seems safer in nearly all ways, especially landing, but hey.

BTW: Guess subsequent incompetent NASA buffs were probably very confident that all the 'old' moon stuff would be redundant when the Space Shuttle was build so sort of tossed it out, mind you that most technicians that worked on the core aspects of the moon project by now probably are mostly dead plus that it costed them gazillions of $ people nowadays don't want to pay. As mention in cold war: all goes.

ENAY

The only way to prove or disprove if we have been to the moon or not is when a regular person can buy a telescope from the shop that has enough magnification to see the American flag on the moon.
I do find it unsettling that after all these years and telescopes / spacecraft in space don't have any protographic evidence that show that the flag IS there.

If it wasn't fake then they'd surely have evidence to instantly prove it. It's like what is happening now With President Trump, worldwide we're told how evil he is and that he is worse than Hitler, yet if that were easily believable, surely somebody, anybody could have brought something believable to the table by now instead of resorting to fake news.

So as to whether we've been to the moon. It's hard to know what to believe anymore and NASA sure doesn't seem to be in a hurry to prove it either way. As I get older, I start to doubt it as well. If we could fly to the moon 50 years ago, why has air transport barely improved since then.

Matty

What if I told you human history before 1977 was a total fraud...it's all made up....just a story filled in by the 'simulation directors' to make us think that civilisation has existed for thousands or millions of years.

;-)

ENAY

In all serious Matty, neither of us can actually prove 100% that even if people who lived before that or still around to this day. Even if both of us believe it and they prove it to us, unless we were there, we can't physically be there to accept the evidence.

Derron

What if I told you human history before 2017 was a total fraud...it's all made up....just a story filled in by the 'simulation directors' to make us think that civilisation has existed for thousands or millions of years.

;-)

Derron

Fuuuuu......... I hate that forum software, a huge pile of text just vanished by accidentally hitting the "browser back" button on my mouse...

So you get only the short form (of that thousand+ words post):

- air craft / space harriers cannot use rotating engines that easily as the forces applied to the mechanics are heavy. "fixed structures" can hold more pressure than joined elements like these rotating stuff

- landing on the moon: people are proud to have done something. So either they would cry to the world how they achieved landing on the moon - or they would cry how good they faked landing on the moon. If "they" (bad governmental boys) would try to make them "stay silent" sooner or later people would go to press - and I am not talking about a handful of the 100s involved in such a project ('s faking or not).

You cannot proof that you were born by human beings. Can you? Oh I assume a potentially done picture is just a faked one to avoid alien beings to be present on the picture... Proof you are humans before discussing about moon landing fakes... *shivering*

I fully understand that talking to dudes believing in conspiracy theories are mostly thinking or replying with "and how do you explain..." respective "oh, they lulled you in".

bye
Ron

col

QuoteWhat if I told you human history before 2017 was a total fraud

Last year I went on a vacation with my girlfriend to Scotland. Some very significant things happened there that I remembered that I had done before in a dream - you know the one... 'deja-vu'.

One of the events that I 'seem' to remember from a dream before the vacation, the story goes like this...
We decided to rent an apartment via AirBnB. The guy couldn't be there when we arrived so said he would put the key to the appartment in a little padlock shaped box that had a combination barrel to unlock it and he gave me the combination. The padlock shaped box would be attached to a metal railing next the front door - he had clearly done this before :D.
I didn't think anything of this at the time of the conversation, but then when I got to the little box I had that famous 'deja-vu' moment and remembered having a dream about a key physically inside a padlock shaped box. I distinctly remembered the dream many moons before the vacation because of the strange situation of having a key inside a padlock shape - strange because normally you would require the key to unlock a padlock in the first place thereby requiring the key to be on the outside, not the inside. When I woke from the dream I remember thinking how confusing it was and how would I have got the key outside out of the padlock box when I would need the key to get into it, lol.

So did my mind make up the dream at the time the events happened and my mind created the past? Or did I really dream it in the first place?
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Dabz

My sleeping is very odd, I get sleep paralysis, and I lucid dream, the first time I got sleep paralysis, I never had a clue what was going on... I was basically laid there, couldnt move, talk and hallucinating, while awake... It was quite scary, rode it out, the experience lasts about 2 minutes or so... Its only on odd occasions I get that, twice a year maybe.

Lucid dreaming is brilliant though, lol, I could be dreaming, and then, I'll realise I am a sleep, and dreaming, but not wake up... My mind is fully conscious but my body is still slumbering, and whatever I think of, I can make happen... It's proper fun as you can imagine... Being in charge of your own dreams! :)

I also wake myself up laughing a lot, like, the last one I had... I'm going to Thailand in Feb, with a few mates, two of my mates, collie and his lass, booked the trip... Anyway, I was dreaming we were sitting in a bar, and he turned around and said "Here, I forgot to tell you, we need an extra three grand off you for the holiday!", I was like "Your joking what for?", then he said, and this is me dreaming mind... "Do you know how the King died the other week, well, apparently now he's gone, they want three grand off everyone going into the country because now there's noone to keep his chickens"

Well, I burst out laughing in my dream, and it physically came out the other side and woke me up! :D

Weird

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Derron

Had that paralysis often in my childhood. Waking up, the face in the pillow, up to no chance to breath. Getting breathe veeery slowly and trying to "cry" - and tried to move more and more of my fingers (I thought to have been able to move it veeery slightly) until it "bam" worked as if it never was paralysed.

Years later I had it again - and was able to wake up my girl friend (who is now my wife ;-)) by doing loud "wwmmm mhhh" sounds (you are not able to move your lips as any muscle). It's really scary. And nower days you even find the corresponding wikipedia articles about that - which was not the way in my youth/childhood.

@ deja-vu
Having had these also, think its no flaw in the matrix but some kind of "eyes see a thing", "some parts of the brain react to it", "active mind/brain" reacts afterwards. So previous experiences get mixed up with the current situation. Only thing "scary" here for me is, that I something could swear to know what is talked by buddies in the next moment. But even this can be caused by the delay of "listening/seeing" and "processing" it with your mind (rather than "synapse connections").

bye
Ron

col

I've also had the 'being aware than I'm sleeping' experience. I used to actively practice it hehe.

My dad passed away just over a decade now. Sometimes I have dreams of my dad and I together. Then one time when we were together in a dream I remembered that I must be dreaming as he had passed away. In the time I told him this and everything kind of fading away from me, rushing from behind moving forwards. Then I woke only to find that I was still dreaming. The times after that when I used to be with my dad in my a dream I wouldn't say anything to him in respect of him passing away and that I am aware that I'm dreaming with him in it, and it was kind of an unspoken thing that we both knew about it and we just didnt mention it. I loved it and just enjoyed spending more time with my dad again.

To be honest I don't think too much about this stuff, I just enjoy life with the occasional reflection of 'looking from outside the box' every now and then  :)
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

cpsmith0191

Is it just me or has the topic morphed? I agree with 'henri' 'we live in a golden age of space exploration' especially deep space, we are amassing huge amounts of data, the prosessing of which will lag years behind it's acquisition. As for faking the moon landings, I remember the serial data sent by LunaKod and that came from the moon. Friends of mine picked up signals from the lunar surface from the Apollo missions. They could have been unmanned of course but why? what was there to gain and by who in faking the lunar landings? What's next people who believe the Earths flat, people who believe the pyramids were built to store grain? maybe even people who believe the earth together with all its life forms, was formed about 3000 years ago despite fossils? Have fun cps.

Derron

@ cpsmith0191

Before my longer post vanished (blame the back button on my mouse) I was talking about flat eath uhmm "enthusiasts" too. Maybe my post overloaded the matrix so it decided to stop me from posting. Or aliens who formed our lifes decided it's enough ... :-) If it was that happening then they should really stop me now from po....[disconnected].

Rick Nasher

Quote from: col on December 18, 2017, 17:13:18
So did my mind make up the dream at the time the events happened and my mind created the past? Or did I really dream it in the first place?

I can only say #MeToo:  :D

There was a time I had these kind of dreams quite regularly and mostly events occurring for real half till 1 year after the original dream. Funny thing is: When you have a dream that's intensely realistic, but then something so profoundly weird and unusual happens that it wakes you up, you end up remembering what it was briefly(ought to write it down for proof actually).

Then when it re-occurs in real-life and turns out was an actual future event - 1 year later, then I remember nearly
exactly when I had the dream and actually can briefly remember what is going to happen for the next a few seconds/minute.

This didn't fit with my scientific view of the human computer.  But this could mean that we are more then what our senses(sensors) allow us to see, hear, feel. Perhaps also tied into different dimensions?  :-\

OR: This al isn't reality at all, I'm in some sort of matrix like coma or a future AI singularity computer or alien simulation and all around me, including you guys aren't real and a figment of my/it's imagination? Hence my lack of substantially quick progress.. and my 'ability' to sometimes know things that I can't know? OR God does exist?

(now there's some food for thought)