AppGameKit Version 2017.12.12 Released

Started by Rick Nasher, December 14, 2017, 18:23:24

Previous topic - Next topic

RemiD

does somebody know if there is a new map modeler similar to 3D world studio / Cartography shop ? (which were used when DarkBasic was the language/game engine)

3DzForMe

Straight away, I am impressed with AGK's installation script. The dialogue they present during installation answers some issues I've had with developing my own projects very succinctly. I feel a purchase coming on...

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Steve Elliott

Yes they seem a very helpful bunch...Where as some other developers *cough* and it's a chore to even get something to compile!

Go on, go on, go on  ;D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

@Steve Elliott:

Lemme guess, lemme guess: His name starts with an 'M'?  ;D

Pfaber11

I was just wondering how AGK works on android and Windows 10. Will it compile and make an APK file for android. I'm new to this forum and have been using blitz3d for a couple of years. I'm just a hobbyist and thinking of checking out AGK . Would it be difficult to move from blitz3d to AGK in your opinion. Thanks.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Qube

Quote from: Pfaber11 on December 29, 2017, 22:13:31
I was just wondering how AGK works on android and Windows 10. Will it compile and make an APK file for android. I'm new to this forum and have been using blitz3d for a couple of years. I'm just a hobbyist and thinking of checking out AGK . Would it be difficult to move from blitz3d to AGK in your opinion. Thanks.
When you buy AGK you get three downloads ( Windows, Mac, Linux ). Each one of course outputs native to the OS and also exports an APK for Android. Only the Mac version does iOS though.

To compile for Android > https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/33_android.htm

"In AGK version 2 you can export an APK of your application from the File->Export Project->As Android APK menu option. You can do this from Windows, Mac, or Linux and generate APKs for Google Play, Amazon, or Ouya stores."

I think most would find the change pretty easy to move from Blitz3D to AGK. Always best though to have a read of the documentation ( which is mostly pretty decent ) to familiarise yourself with the commands and also look through the accompanying examples.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

MikeHart

Naughty Alien

..download speed for mentioned update is outstanding 3.4kb/s  ... i never had this before..anyone having similar download speed issues??

MikeHart

Nope, got it fine but then, that was 2 weeks ago. Is it just their server or is your spped in general down?

Rick Nasher

No, I always had decent download speeds so far. But I downloaded when came out too, so can't say about now.

(perhaps too many people are downloading due to my shameless promoting lol )  ;)

Steve Elliott

Always speedy downloads with updates for me too.

(perhaps too many people are downloading due to my shameless promoting lol )  ;)

Haha  ;D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

MikeHart

I just tried again and the download speed is just fine.

Pfaber11

Well I went ahead and got the trial of AGK and had a play around with and watch a few tutorials and it's way better than I expected and I'm sure I can work with it. Going to download the full version from steam for just shy of 25 quid on Wednesday. Apparently it will go upto 60 quid after the 4th of January so time is of the essence. Have a nice day.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

Pfaber11

Could somebody answer this question for me when I compile a Windows program what sort of code does it produce and is it an .exe file. Will it run as fast as a compiled blitz3d program. Thanks.