From Belfast... with love...

Started by Dabz, December 16, 2017, 16:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Dabz

Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Qube

Nice hat  :P - I shall be avoiding Belfast this weekend me thinks ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

RonTek

ah good to see face behind the mask  ;D nice hat

Kryzon

Dabz

Eeeeee Well I'm back... Well, got back lastnight, but, pretty much exhausted, large amounts of alcoholic abuse went off, none stop... I'm getting too old for it, slept like a baby lastnight! :D

All in all, I loved Belfast, really enjoyed myself, the people are really friendly, service was amazing everywhere we went, some great bars... Found a little one called Kellys Cellar... A real little gem that sold the most gorgeous Harp lager I've ever had.

Others from the top of my head, the Kitchen Bar, was really good, I liked it in there, we frequented that one a few times on our wander about, I also liked a once next to the Christmas market which the name escapes me now! :D

We did the Crumlin Road prison tour as soon as we got there... Bit of an eye opener that, not just that it's a prison that hasnt been closed that long and it looks like its from the 1800's, the fact fish and chips were FOURTEEN QUID in the restaurant was the biggest shocker! :D

We also had a look around the Titanic museum as well, which, I didnt think I'd get much out of but yeah, that was canny.

Our taxi driver to and from the airport give us a little unofficial tour of the troubles, drove around all the hotspots, where they march, where people have been killed and that... And that was an eye opener too... We went to a memorial garden, got out and had a look around, he told us to keep our talking to a minimum as they weren't too great on the English around them parts! And yeah, that was pretty sobering... Big walls and fencing everywhere to keep the Catholics and Protestants  apart... They have big massive gates that the authorities shut every night, houses next to these walls and fences have cages on them because all sorts of stuff gets chucked over them.

Its a funny place, like I said, they are the bestest of hosts, yet, it is such a real shame that they do hate each other... The taxi driver told us its getting better,  peace is holding, but emotions will never go away... Like I said, thats a shame, but I wouldnt let stop me going back to the place mind, because quite simply, it is a great place! :)

So, there we are... Belfast done... This time next week, I'll be in Paris! :D waheyyyy BONJOUR hewwwwwwwwww

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Qube

Good to hear you had fun in Belfast. You should come back in the summer and do a bit of sight seeing.

Quotehe told us to keep our talking to a minimum as they weren't too great on the English around them parts! And yeah, that was pretty sobering
Get lynched ya will :P - Most parts are perfectly fine but you wouldn't walk up the Falls Road waving a Union Jack and expect to get to the end in one piece.

QuoteBig walls and fencing everywhere to keep the Catholics and Protestants  apart... They have big massive gates that the authorities shut every night
Four locations get the gates closed every night and earlier if there's a spark of trouble. Pretty impressive security gates though :P

Quotebut I wouldnt let stop me going back to the place mind, because quite simply, it is a great place! :)
I love Northern Ireland and well glad I moved here 13+ years ago.

Overall though you'll have nothing but a great time over here ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Dabz

I do recall Bombay Street is where the memorial was, which Ive just checked and its round the corner from Falls Road (Probably drove through Falls Road), so, I'm guessing it was a top hint to keeping this Geordie accented trap shut, which takes some doing mind, but I managed! ;)

Dabz