Author Topic: ..see yourself here? :) ..  (Read 214 times)

Offline Naughty Alien

..see yourself here? :) ..
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:04:54 PM »
..crap..i did saw myself..at least some time before.. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk

Offline Yue

• Gear3D Engine Easy Scripting
Re: ..see yourself here? :) ..
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »
Here. When I go to school or work.  :'(

Gear3D Engine Easy Scripting http://www.gear3d.ga

Offline markcwm

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 04:05:50 AM »
lol, awesome! Loved it.

Happiness to me is simply a feeling of peace inside.

Offline Matty

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 05:38:30 AM »
Interesting video. I understand it. It's not my experience though.

Happiness is sometimes contingent on the interactions you have or don't have with other human beings.

Sometimes happiness can come from solo pursuits - even something as simple as just an intellectual appreciation or realisation of an idea can generate a burst of happy chemicals in the brain. 

Sometimes you have to deliberately focus on changing your thinking and attention to shift away from darker states to more positive ones. Sometimes we are aware of ourself and sometimes we are not.

Personally I find that materialism, buying things etc that is promoted in this video isn't what brings me joy.  Sometimes though the things that bring the most joy are denied and you have to put aside the negative emotions the lack of these things can arouse and instead find a way forwards to an alternative peaceful state.

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 08:20:38 AM »
I like rats!

Offline Kryzon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:18:59 AM »
Wow, nice post Matty!

(I'm guilty of a lot in that video, BTW.)

Offline TomToad

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »
Matty, I don't think the video is promoting materialism, but rather showing how many people try to gain happiness through materialism, drugs and alcohol, wealth and fame; and ultimately never find it.  We live in a society that is constantly pushing the latest products promising more happiness when we buy them, and society believes it. 

I can't believe how people I work with that earn less money than I do, will work 3 jobs because they "have to" buy their kid the latest XBOX for Christmas, or else they are a bad parent.  Mean time, their kids grow up with all sorts of problems because the parents are gone 16 hours a day at work instead of caring for them.  The kids are just assumed to have a mental illness so are pumped full of drugs, which is worse because during those crucial years, the brain can't develop normally.  Then the kids become adults and are so maladjusted that they think that someone like Trump makes a viable President.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.