DNS Issues?

Started by Derron, November 29, 2017, 14:17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Derron

Seems I have some DNS issues now:

I had this now for multiple times the last minutes - it worked in one request and the next request failed again. Waiting some minutes it worked again now. I am still able to login to my server via IP. Other domains used on that server did not work too. Even a "linked to this server" (so managed externally, not configured on my server) had issues with the DNS resolving.

As DNS caches are not updated that often (so no "on-off-on"-adventure): what reasons might be behind this issue?

bye
Ron

Derron

Derron

Restarted server... no change.

When it works I have interesting effects:

$ nslookup www.gamezworld.de
Server:      127.0.1.1
Address:   127.0.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   www.gamezworld.de
Address: 85.214.17.39

$ nslookup smtp.gamezworld.de

** server can't find smtp.gamezworld.de: SERVFAIL

$ nslookup imap.gamezworld.de

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   imap.gamezworld.de
Address: 85.214.17.39

The subdomains "imap" and "smtp" are both just virtual, they do not exist but apache2 is set to show content there when I access them. For now I am no longer able to access "mail.domain.tld" or "smtp.domain.tld" - while "imap.domain.tld" works.

I did not upgrade/update any software nor did I change configurations.

Ok, after writing this post and testing again: it works again, for now.

Does anyone of you have similar issues now? Just want to rule out that the problem is on my side of the internet ;-)

Edit: Seems my Server-Provider (Strato.de) has some issues now too - looong response time/errors in the customer-area). Would not be surprised if the issue is connected to this problem.

bye
Ron

Qube

This is what I get  :(
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Yeah, saw that too ... for now smtp.gamezworld.de works instead ... uhhmm ya.

bye
Ron

MikeHart

I have the same problems with my domains!

MikeHart

MikeHart

Derron

Already phoned with them ... they seem to have internal DNS problems.
He (phone contact) also told what's not working currently but this was not of a matter for me.

He also told me that they set the issue to solved a while ago - while it was not working in that moment ;-) (he tried to reach the configuration for my machine but failed...).

@ Mike
I think you will also have issues running config.stratoserver.net (and then select your package to configure). I am talking about the client area which allows for remote server restarts, backup thingies and so on.

bye
Ron