My first electronics project. ( study )

Started by Yue, November 25, 2017, 19:32:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

:-X :-X

Learning new things.

The teacher says that the important thing is to learn how a scheme works, the work involves a single led, but I have put another one and it works.

Goodlookinguy

9v battery
1K Ohm Resistors
Potentiometer
555 Timer
100 micro farads electrolytic capacitor
LEDs

That's a lot to take in for a first project. The first projects I did weren't nearly as complicated. I'm wondering what the original was before you modified it.
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

Yue

I'm in trial and error, I have managed to get a simple led to light, after burning several and understand that I need a 1k resistor to not burn.

I don't know if it's easy or not, this is a real challenge, the idea is that the two bulbs will shine like a christmas extension.   :-\ :-\

ThickO

ahh the old tried and true 555 timer.
I would have thought they would have given you
a lesson in  transistors before using this.
3D makes my head hurt...

Yue

Quote from: ThickO on November 25, 2017, 22:15:42
ahh the old tried and true 555 timer.
I would have thought they would have given you
a lesson in  transistors before using this.

They just gave us the list of materials, and the map of the circuit. The remainder is paid by the apprentice. The next class will explain the use of that transistor to us.

Yue

I have square eyes, and this has finally worked.

The learning process tends to be somewhat tortuous when you don't know things, then it becomes much more enjoyable.

iWasAdam

Yep, been through that and really enjoyed it. especially that strange burning smell when it all goes wrong ;)
As a kid I was always blowing the power to the house. What happens when you plug a led into the mains - FLASH, BANG! "What have you done now?"

555 timer chip is great to start with.

Just wait till you get to logic chips. I love them ;)

steve_ancell

Congrat's on your fisrt project Yue. Have you tried Arduino?, it's quite fun.

3DzForMe

Aaah, the 555 timer, takes me back to a little prototyping board I put together umpteen years ago, on the side of an old speaker, no expense spared ;) - can you spot the 555 timer:

Well done on your first project with a 555 Yue ;)

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1