Thanks You Derron & Adams & Forums SyntaxBomb

Started by Yue, November 23, 2017, 04:31:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

Thank you very much, Derror and Mr. Adams. I am very grateful for your unconditional help.

From the amount donated for the cause, I have bought 8 transportation cards each for a value of 100,000 pesos cop. Which will cover my transportation needs to the educational institution. The Canadian Embassy in Colombia helped me with the uniform and a school kit (notebooks, pencils, multimeter etc.).

The rest of the money, as mentioned in the Derron, I have bought clothes for my daughter, and on behalf of my family, my wife and daughter, thank you very much. We hope that by this time next year I will be certified as a systems technician.  With knowledge in Networks, Maintenance, programming, office automation, English level A2, and the subject I like least, human development. The road is just beginning, but it becomes much easier with your unconditional help.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

iWasAdam

Naughty Alien

Dabz

Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

This is fantastic guys. I would have done it if I had the means. Good to see there are people who believe in people and chances. Moving. You deserve a big..

peteswansen

and this is why I liked the Blitz forum gang  :)

One valuable lesson from my work experience-  All of you should explore and learn  the "Visual Basic for Applications" developer tools embedded in nearly all Microsoft Office apps.   For myself as a production planner in a shipyard- I created amazing graphical and data presentation reports from databases for management. Inspired a group of younger guys and gals to create "online" interactive research reports with VBA for daily production reports.

So while we all enjoy game programming-  VBA programming for MS Office gives you a valuable skill to work in many traditional business companies.

Yue

Another piece of good news. The German embassy in Bogota donated a Acer V5 laptop to me. Third generation I3 processor with two two-wire cores, 6 gigas in ram, and 1000 gigas in hard disk.  ), the battery life is 5 hours.   :) :) :)

Derron

Cool stuff.

Dunno how "secure" your bus-travels are but you might be able to use the "travel time" now - or you could do something at work (if tolerated/allowed somehow). Regardless of this is it better than having nothing ;-)

Did you ask all the embassies or did you mail them or ... what did you do?

bye
Ron

Yue

Quote from: Derron on November 25, 2017, 09:33:14
Cool stuff.

Dunno how "secure" your bus-travels are but you might be able to use the "travel time" now - or you could do something at work (if tolerated/allowed somehow). Regardless of this is it better than having nothing ;-)

Did you ask all the embassies or did you mail them or ... what did you do?

bye
Ron

The transport is really insecure, starting with the fact that they transport us all like animals, and a lot of insecurity in Bogota.

What I did in this regard was to contact the embassies by certified mail and communication via social networks.

Both Canada and Germany have been very kind, and I am extremely grateful to them.

Kind regards

Rick Nasher

This is all very good to hear. Good news in todays world is really a welcome thing.