Vehicle forklift elevator blad.

Started by Yue, November 17, 2017, 01:02:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

I really have a concern, I can't implement the shovel correctly in the forklift. Last time I did it in Blitz3D with the bullet library, it was really great and very easy to implement, now the problem is that I can't do it, neither in BlitzMax + Xors3D nor in the Leadwerks engine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

In the bullet system, I used a composite body, very easy, and now I have no idea how to do it. When I assign the shovel to her as the daughter of the vehicle, it doesn't work, this is really very frustrating.

Flanker

I don't know Xors3D or Leadwerks, but I think that what you need is a slider joint with locked rotation. You managed to link the wheels to the vehicle, do the same thing for the fork, but with a slider joint.
Everyone knew it was impossible, until someone who didn't know made it.

Yue

Thanks You.

If it's a good idea, I haven't tried the unions, however with the wheel system I'm using the predefined vehicle system on either leadwerks or Xors3D.

I'll try the unions on Xors3D, and then I'll tell you about it. :)

Yue

The tests made reveal that it is impossible, that is to say, the joint joins the lifting shovel without problems, the real problem is that it is impossible to lift any object with that shovel.  :-X

Flanker

You need to use physics function, I see that Xors3D physics is base on Bullet Physics, and supports different joint types (point to point, hinge, 6 dof, 6 dof spring, joint limits and motors). Try to find documentation about that.
Everyone knew it was impossible, until someone who didn't know made it.

Yue

I've been thinking about it, but the evidence doesn't allow moving that sliding joint to lift an object. I'm seriously thinking about doing it in Blitz3D. Since the evidence means he's still alive.

Greetings.

Derron

Stay with Leadwerks and ask JoshK how to do things in his engine (or ask in his forums). Going back to another tool just because YOU do not know how to do that YET .. is like being a coward.

bye
Ron

Yue

Quote from: Derron on November 18, 2017, 10:54:46
Stay with Leadwerks and ask JoshK how to do things in his engine (or ask in his forums). Going back to another tool just because YOU do not know how to do that YET .. is like being a coward.

bye
Ron

I go to war with leadwerks...  :D

Yue

No, it is not possible with leadwerks, the vehicle system has strange artifacts that are not viable for a forklift.

I think I play with Blitz3D.

Derron

The right side / second image seems to say: "I do not have physics" (else the forklift would settle down with his back wheels).

Nonetheless: If a certain feature is not existent in your 3d engine of choise: just find a way to circumvent it.

So instead of having the lift being attached to the base car:
- have car and "lift" as separate objects
- always move the "lift's" position to the position of a certain element on the base car (the "attach point"). Also copy rotation of that point (so the lift "rotates" too, if the car is driving over something).

This allows you to have full control over both things without relying on joints or similar stuff.

So instead of crying and switching back to another engine: try to fiddle through your problems and tinker on potential solutions. Why? Because with Blitz3D you might run into another issue sooner or later and then? switching to what?

bye
Ron

Yue

Something strange happens with vehicle physics in Leadwerks, it seems that the center of mass for a vehicle is put forward, where the engine is in a standard car.

That's why the cart when it goes in the right image doesn't fall backwards, its mass point is far ahead, and I can't find a command to modify that center.

There is something that I've learned over time, there are things that I don't know how to do, and I think I have to deal with that, and in this case without fear of making a mistake it seems that the vehicle system is not implemented at least as I hope.

I'm asking Josh here, though.

https://www.leadwerks.com/community/topic/16842-help-here-please/#comment-110166

Now, in this process of being stuck seems to repeat my misfortune, I have to understand how and why things don't work or if they do. And productivity stops.

A cordial greeting. :)

Derron

Regardless of where the engine assumes the engine (ok not totally unimportant as as there is a point of "equal weight") it should always fall in one direction. Vehicles with less or more than 3 wheels tend to "wobble/tilt" (you know: chairs with 4 legs can wobble, with 3 legs they won't ...).

So if it does not "fall down" then there is either the system broken or your setup is incorrect.

Think Josh will give you some useful tips how to resolve your issue.

bye
Ron

Yue

Josh has commented that if it is a problem with the vehicle system, and therefore the recommendation is to wait for Leadwerks version 4.5.   :D