MinGW Setup Instructions

Started by therevills, June 11, 2017, 06:11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

therevills

Since I'm setting up my new PC I had to setup MinGW:

• Download MinGW (5.1.3 is the "official" version supported version for BlitzMax) from http://www.blide.org/backup/MinGW.rar (Thanks Ziggy for the nice and simple zip!)
  • Extract to C:\MinGW
  • For BLIde - In BLIde go to Tools > Configure MinGW compiler option and input C:\MinGW
  • For MaxIDE -Right click on "Computer" and select Properties then click "Advanced" Tab, then click "Environment Variables", click 'New' for User Variables and in the 'Variable Name' box type "MinGW".
  • In the 'Variable Value' field enter the path to the MinGW installation eg (C:\MinGW) Then click OK.
  • In the 'System Variables' scroll down to the "Path", select it and click edit, scroll to the end of the 'Variable Value', add a semi colon and input the MinGW bin folder (eg: C:\MinGW\bin). Then click OK.

Done!  :)

EdzUp

Yeah much easier in the good ol' days

GW

BTW:
if you download the pre-built binary package for BmaxNG ___here___ , It comes with gcc 5.1 included.
You can just set your path and go, This version is bothx86 and x64 and works for all versions of BlitzMax.

Now if we could only get Monkey to use gcc 5.1 and drop openAL

EdzUp

Yeah OpenAL is very very outdated these days even I'm looking to replace it with fmod.