Started by Qube, November 02, 2017, 17:32:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Yue

iWasAdam

me too on the darron front from trick or sweet - even though it didn't run

Rooster

Steve Elliott

me too on the darron front from trick or sweet - even though it didn't run

So you vote for a game that doesn't even run??  How do you possibly know it's worth playing then?  Let alone winning a competition.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Dwapook

Quote from: Qube on November 03, 2017, 10:57:37
My vote is for Halloween Candy Rescue by Dwapook. I just loved the simplicity of it all with the tension building of avoiding the ever growing zombie hoard. There was just something that I found extra fun about this game.

I assume they were zombies? or if not then evil type dead things wanting to suck the soul out of me at the very least.

I liked all the entries to be honest and it's great to see imagination and creativity at work. Plus we here at SyntaxBomb get to see and play the games first :D
Yeah, they were zombies.. thanks for the vote and kind words!

Naughty Alien

..my insignificant tiny vote goes to mr. Derron..

markcwm

I vote for BasicBoy, great all round.

Tricks or Sweets looks okay but it MAV'd at the start of the tutorial (Win), edit: it worked fine on Mac but I'll not changing my vote.

Yue

I vote for the independence of Catalonia from Spain and for everyone to be put in jail.  (joke)  ;D

IanMartin

Platfinity (made with BlitzMax) on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365440/Platfinity/

IanMartin

:) Feedback:

Title : Night of the Unfed!
Author : therevills
I noticed it says it wasn't finished.  I wasn't sure what to do with what looked like the PacMan dots?  I did figure out how to shoot the blob thingies and run around a bit.  I liked the scrolling dungeon environment. 

Title : Halloween Candy Rescue
Author : Dwapook
I like the idea of being chased by zombies.  I did find they ran a bit too fast and I sort of settled on a circular pattern just eating the candy on the edges in order to finish the game.  The zombies outside the walls was a really nice touch.  It took a bit too long to get to 100 candy.  It also says I was bitten 0 times at the end, when I'd been bitten a lot.  I think the bites resulted in losing 1 candy each time? 

Title : Forces Of Darkness
Author : BasicBoy
Wow!  Out of all of these, the presentation here was at a higher level.  I thought the areas were a bit busy for a first level, that it should build up a bit slower at first.  I didn't make it all the way through this one.  This game seemed to have the most to it and had the most impressive gameplay, which is what always gets my vote.  It could really use autofire (I didn't test it with a controller, if it supports it?), but I'm not going to pound that much on my Ctrl key as the keyboards I use are $30-$40 bucks and I'm on my third one already, heheh  I will play this again and see if I can get further. 

Title : Trick or Sweets
Author : Derron
The graphics here are really good!  And the Halloween theme is probably the best on this one.  I liked the idea of putting the right mix of candy in the bags.  I got to level 4(?) or so and then it asked for a weird kind of candy I did not have.  At that point the counter went to zero and I lost :/  This looks to me like something that could do very well on mobile devices as an ad supported game released around Halloween. 

Great work everybody!  I'm sad I didn't get something done myself, but I'm looking forward to the next competition!
Platfinity (made with BlitzMax) on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365440/Platfinity/

round157

Programming Languages used in the Halloween theme based game competition!
:)      :D

1st place: Forces Of Darkness 
              (BBC BASIC)

2nd place: Trick or Sweets 
               (BlitzMax)

3rd place: Halloween Candy Rescue   
              (BlitzMax)

4th place: Night of the Unfed! 
              (Monkey 2)

The ranking is according to the results of this competition.

BasicBoy

Quote from: IanMartin on November 05, 2017, 23:59:56
Wow!  Out of all of these, the presentation here was at a higher level.  I thought the areas were a bit busy for a first level, that it should build up a bit slower at first.  I didn't make it all the way through this one.  This game seemed to have the most to it and had the most impressive gameplay, which is what always gets my vote.  It could really use autofire (I didn't test it with a controller, if it supports it?), but I'm not going to pound that much on my Ctrl key as the keyboards I use are $30-$40 bucks and I'm on my third one already, heheh  I will play this again and see if I can get further. 

Thanks, great feedback  :) Yes, autofire would save wear-and-tear on the Ctrl key... and your wrist! RSI is no fun, by all accounts. You can collect 'autofire' tokens which will give your Ctrl key a brief rest, but you have to complete 20% of the game first before they start getting dished out!

BasicBoy.
--

fairgood

I'll give my vote to:

I'm partial to a good 'ol shoot em up

muruba

TrickOrSweets is really nice but my vote is for BasicBoy :)