Author Topic: I'm sick of this stuff  (Read 442 times)

Offline ThickO

I'm sick of this stuff
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »
I just have to rant. I am so sick of political correctness, if it stayed in politics that would be fine ,
but its creeping into everything in our daily lives at least here in the US.
I'm not talking about being polite and civil to each other, we do that every day.

For example at a haunted house in a theme park a women just got off a ride
and asked me if her hair was ok and I replied "It looks great" all the while
thinking "I hope she isn't going to stand next to me". We both walked away happy.
I could have told her that she looked like a Bigfoot pulled through a knothole but I didn't.
  I didn't need political correctness to do that.

What got me going was a documentary on Neanderthals.
What could it have been, competition for food, climate change,
extinction due to interbreeding what oh what could it have been .
All this happened 40,000 years ago, when we showed up.
All the scientist skirted all around the issue, but never quite came
out and admitted anything. Shouting "say it..SAY it...SAY IT..
at the television didn't help. WE KNOW VERY WELL WHAT HAPPENED.

We snuck up on them while they were sleeping, and stabbed them in
the liver with a deer antler, then we clubbed the rest to death with
a big dirty stick. We don't get along with each other much less a
different species. The scientist were being politically correct on something
that happened 40,000 years ago.
   Good grief, just saying it was territorial warfare would have been sufficient.

Got to go and find a Tums now, I either am having a heart attack or that 3 bean soup is getting to me.
Ever been to drunk to fish....... Ask me how!!!

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
Re: I'm sick of this stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 06:16:11 PM »
I was on a jollybob weekend with the lads in Blackpool one year, and a few of us went into the haunted house in the pleasure beach... There was an actor in there, but, being the way they do things, your not quite sure when they will crop up...

Anyway, we walked into a room with scary statues, I knew the actor was in there somewhere, it was obvious... Anyway, as we walked through, one of my mates, Twiz, walked past this clown statue and the clown jumped out... Twiz, then proceeded to deck the poor bloke with a right hander, straight in the mush.. The fella got back up and asked him why did he do that... Twiz went "Sorry mate, you scared me!" :D

I was bad laughing, suffice to say, the actor never bothered to chase us through the rest of the haunted house! :D

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline Rooster

• I don't know what this does...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
It really has gotten out of hand.
I've seen people saying things like "Whiteness" in a derogative way, like it's some kind of culture or value system. ::)

The part about the documentary had me confused about how it was related to political correctness.
It took me a few times to catch the "What got me going" at the start.

Offline Steve Elliott

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 11:20:06 PM »
Yeah that's really annoying, there should be common sense about these sort of things.

I don't believe in gods, but this is basically a Christian country, so while you can feel free to teach other religions in school, the junior school 'nativity play' shouldn't be 'jazzed up' to not offend anybody.  It's a tradition.  It's like changing Santa into somebody completely different!

On the other hand, calling somebody a liberal every 10 seconds, because they actually have a brain and a valid point of view, is far more annoying.  Like I said, you need some common sense, or you go to the extreme far right and end up with a moron like Trump.  Somebody that wants to ban everybody with a dark skin entering the US...Except the most deaths have been caused by white American citizens!...He said nothing about the Las Vegas massacre...Because it was from a white American, who voted for him.  So that didn't fit into his predicial mind.
Windows 10, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2Gb)

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:47:31 AM »
..i do not have many friends, even im very friendly person..reason is, i like to say what i think, regardless where or what is it, if someone asks me, otherwise, ill keep quiet as i understand that speaking things for no reason could be considered as insult..i understand that..so, for example, i have had exactly same situation as mentioned at thread start, where lady asked me how is she look like (i went with few people for musical , theater), she asked me, is she looking nice, and i replied that it is very ugly composition of colors considering event we are about to attend and it doesnt suit her as it exposes her belly too much..it was a disaster call..i was labeled as a rude, selfish, narcissist  and what not..that night i watched musical (My Fair Lady) alone (initially 5 of use were there)...sad truth is, i was the only true friend to that person, among all folks around, who literally thinks same as i did, except they will not reveal it and pretent its all fine, while in reality, it was looking like a piece of garbage wrapped around balloon...

..having said all this..few friends i do have, are solid as rock and speaking things as they are, is a must..i like that..

Offline ENAY

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:10:53 AM »
Cocopops are racist now, as seen in the news just this week.

[edit] A halloween party in Tokyo last week, quite near to where I live. All of this would be considered racist now in the west. Sums up everything nicely. Thank god Japan is still sane, and to this day zero Islamic Terrorist attacks.

Offline Goodlookinguy

• How to be Unprofessional: A Blitz Research Ltd Story
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 04:37:21 AM »
ENAY, the video name and the comments I read on the video itself are maximum stupid. Liberal is not a derogatory term, just as conservative isn't. The people commenting also tried to associate the Japanese with some sort of white power connection. However, many Japanese people, especially the current generation, do not like people outside of Japan. There's a lot of xenophobic people in Japan. If you live in Japan, you should know this.

On the topic of things to be sick of, you know what I'm sick of? Both extremist sides in the USA. They both blame each other for a divide, yet they're the only ones dividing themselves by choosing to side with a given side. It's nothing more than cherry picking things you like about a side and then following the crowd. Truly disgusting human habitation. I wish everyone would just not give a crap about anything. Life is much more peaceful when we don't bother to care about things. You have the flag flown by the losers of the American Civil War? Who cares. You're LGBT[Insert other characters]? Who cares. You do or don't believe in a god or multiple gods? So what? We get to live for like 70-100 years if we're lucky and yet we're going to spend our time caring about what other faceless people do or how they think or feel? I don't understand it one bit (maybe even two bits).

Now I'm gonna go back to studying if anyone cares.  ;)
毎日、日本語を少し勉強します・・・でも、ゲームをあまりしません。とてもかなしいです。
I wonder if Unicode is supported here...
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

Online markcwm

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 04:52:07 AM »
Funny, I was just reading about the story of the Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christian Anderson, and this is relevant to the topic btw!

So the emperor loves to buy new clothes all the time and some swindlers offer to sell him a suit of the thinnest cloth ever invented which they say only stupid people can't see, they bring him the suit and hand it to the courtiers and no-one wants to admit that they can't see it, even the emperor, as this would mean they were stupid. Then the emperor has to take off his clothes and put on this new suit and go for a walk, and the common people don't say anything either until a little girl asks "why is the emperor naked?".

This is political correctness before the term was invented, not wanting to state the obvious because it might affect your standing in society.

Offline ENAY

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 05:50:45 AM »
Goodlookingguy. I didn't read the comments on the video, comments sections in most places of the Internet are terrible these days.
Sure there are racists everywhere, even in Japan, what I was pointing out though that in the video, there were people dressing up various costumes, even islamic style ones, if that street party was in the west, it would be shut down, have riots, political correctness and everything that's happening in the west these days, the moral outrage, of everything, it's just ruining everything.

Despite what you might think, Liberal is a derogatory term these days, and everyone who is conservative is considered a nazi.

Like you say, extremist sides on both sides, in a bid to win "their side". Things are really starting to get out of control.
Depending on which media and news you side yourself on, you get a completely different view of what is actually happening in the world.

Every single day Trump has done something truly terrible and he's about to be inpeached, and yet he isn't. Every single day, we're told that Brexit is going to destroy the UK and yet another day passes unschathed. If all else fails, the Russians did it.

Incidentally right after I wrote my last post, I saw a video about Brexit apparentely being caused by the Russians...

Just this past week, we had a "Truck Of Peace" hitting a US city for the first time. And not one news report that I have seen, could utter the word "Muslim" or "Islamic". Avoiding the words on purpose just adds to the issue we're having at the moment with fake news. The no evidence Trump Russia thing is still going on, despite the fact that actual evidence about Russia and Hillary has come out. CNN have literally admitted it's all made up, under secret filming. Who knows what is truly going on these days, it's like gamefaqs forum quarrels have made it into the outside world.

Does ignoring reality and facts, and decrying Science, and Maths as racist or white supremacy?

I'm sick of all this stuff as well. Really really sick. How bad does misreporting and cherry picking have to get before somebody steps in? All these people on both sides they're making it worse. And the media aren't helping whatsoever.

How low do things have to get before they get better?!

Human kind should be offering return trips to the moon and going to Mars by now, and yet we're just squabbling amongst ourselves.

It's all very depressing.

Offline IanMartin

• Retrolutionary.com
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 01:13:48 AM »
Yeah, it's a real mess.  I think all it's done with me is make me not believe anything anyone on either side says.  I think all of the news is fake news, from CBS to Alex Jones to random dudes on youtube, until proven otherwise.  When you've seen a video of protesters doing nothing, not shoving police, then they are told the cameras are about to roll and they start thrashing about and shoving against the police shields, it makes it pretty tough to believe in the latest news 'story'.  They are called 'stories' after all and the news wants ratings for their shows.  One day I realized everything I knew about politicians was basically hearsay; I think that was the day I stopped having a dog in that fight.  I'd rather just watch pro wrestling.  It's just as fake as politics, but at least I'm entertained ;P 
Platfinity (made with BlitzMax) on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365440/Platfinity/

Offline Dabz

• Is it cos I is ginger?
    • dabzy.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 07:10:23 AM »
When you've seen a video of protesters doing nothing, not shoving police, then they are told the cameras are about to roll and they start thrashing about and shoving against the police shields,

I notice this all the time if I'm out... You'll be sitting at a pub, or a party, and the conversion will be like:-

Bloke: I took the car for an MOT the other day, think it needs a new handbrake
Blokes Mate: Ouch, that'll be a bit mind
Bloke: I know, I'm not sure if I should just get it done and see it out another year, or just get rid and get finance on another.
Blokes Mate: Well, whats the interest rate for a black horse car loan now?
Bloke: Not sure, cannot really afford it either way, but, I need a car

While they are on...

Blokes Girlfriend: Did you watch Eastenders last week
Blokes Mates Girlfriend: Your gonna say "See Grants hair transplant arent you"?
Blokes Girlfriend: Hahaha you noticed that too, and what was Peggy wearing, it looked like a curtain
Blokes Girlfriend: Eeeeee I know, she looked a mess

Someone whips out a camera for a photo...

And the "Look at us, we're having a fun time" poses come out! :D

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Offline RemiD

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »
oups, wrong thread, sorry

Offline Steve Elliott

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »
I'm sick of people posting in the wrong threads   ;D
Windows 10, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2Gb)

Offline RemiD

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »
I am on the dating scene these days, and i have to be very moderate and diplomatic (basically to agree and to not contradict/critic) if i want to not offend the women i go out with... So i play the game the best i can...
From my experiences, most people do not like reality (the objective world and verifiable facts), they prefer to live in their fantasy world that comfort them...

I don't try to convince or to influence people anymore, i just do my things the way i want and avoid people who are too weak/ignorant/stupid. (unless it is a sexy woman  :D, in this case i try to be nice, because the rewards can be great! "so many babes, so little time" (duke nukem)  8) )

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 05:27:54 AM »
unless it is a sexy woman  :D, in this case i try to be nice, because the rewards can be great!

..well..thats one form of living in a fantasy my man, because, what you going to discover is..its a trap..  :)

..as for news and their credibility...check this out..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gqYcQTpq_c