I've earned a scholarship to study. :)

Started by Yue, October 31, 2017, 03:06:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to know about my progress in my studies on another thread?

No
1 (50%)
Yes
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: November 13, 2017, 03:59:27

Rick Nasher

Quote from: muruba on November 04, 2017, 10:43:59
It depends on the local law I guess, I was told in Israel people walk into cafes with automatic rifles and put it next to the table while having food... Maybe the guy wasn't serious, who knows?

No, this is very true. I once went there by invitation of a girlfriend and was confronted with young boys performing duty carrying M16's on their back while ordering at the MacDonald's. I felt the whole country was some sort of a police state and at the airport I was questioned 3 times(!) about the nature of my visit  :o, which really p*ssed me off, being a pacifist and all.

Fortunately she was daughter of some deceased high politician/military guy, so had some privileges here and there, but there was no "just lets go to the shopping mal" there without your car and bags being checked for explosives and weapons.

In this world there are those like myself, who are fortunate to live a country where the horrors of war are now stories of their past away grandfathers, there are people still very much in the middle of it and there are people who barely made it out and I applaud Yue for this, for I'm sure this was not easy and still isn't.

Let's not forget that Holland and Spain where once at war with each other for 80 years. Europe was a very violent place not too long ago and can be again if we forget.

So its good to remember and talk about these very real things and be supportive of people who somehow escaped this kind of fate elsewhere so we can all together build a better world for ourselves and the ones after us. 8)

degac

Europe was a very violent place not too long ago and can be again if we forget.

Yes, 2.000 years of wars... maybe we learned something: better 'fight' on soccer ball fields!
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

Rick Nasher

Also there's a lot of injustice in the world, even more now, or so it seems.

And if the difference in wealth between people keeps increasing we'll be heading straight for chaos turmoil, just as in the not too long ago pages of history.

Apparently it's a rare thing for people to learn from their mistakes, so I think anyone who has the intelligence to do so should be cherished.

Steve Elliott

We have Trump in the USA, and May with Boris Johnson in the shadows here.  What do you think would happen by voting for them?!

People 'gifted' money, but who have no clue how the rest of us live - because they've never had to struggle.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Naughty Alien

...world we live, has become pile of crap...i have left europe for good, some time ago because of this reasons, and ever since living in '3rd world countries', where i have discovered that people lives more free than euro folks could understand, especially today...generally speaking, people here are poorer/poor, but it is a 'lifestyle' they have for so long that it is now serious advantage they have, something which euro folks cant comprehend, and because of that, price will come..for example..financial crysis had no impact whatsoever on a way this people are living...moral of story is, we should all give up damn 'responsibility' to a bankers from where all this mess is orchestrated, just as it was before (WW1/WW2)...same bunch of monkeys screwing us all, and we do nothing..in Germany, some of my family members were in a jail for expressing their doubts over holocaust..why?? We cant question that?? Thats free country and democracy(what a joke term) and modern society??  Europe is badly sick, and im afraid rest of the world, more/less..i hope that healing 'solution' will not be yet another massive war..i truly hope..

Yue

My first day of royal school. The first week was just induction, socialization, something fun.

I was assigned to class room number 203. And the perception of the first day is disappointing, it's not that I want to be arrogant, but I think I know more than the teacher, so that makes it boring. We started with HTML, and what I dislike most of all is that he didn't have the trouble at least to prepare the class, and with his cell phone in hand, he was giving the class on the fly.  Really terrible, that leaves a lot to think about.

Anyway, I returned home with an air of disappointment, but starting from the encouragement that my daughter gives me, the idea is to go for a certificate, in such a case I start from the point that I have no knowledge in certain things, and I want to learn new things. The world is really weird.

Well, I have nothing more to say. So happy evening.

iWasAdam

stick with it. Just think about the paper at the end of the journey.
I've been in classes where I was the only person to pass - because I didn't do what the dumb teacher was teaching and taught myself. sometimes teachers are just one step in front of you, sometime well behind. It's the award at the end that matters!

Naughty Alien

...let teacher be whatever he wanna be..focus on your aim (paper), and after that walk path away from that..just play 'nice' and get what you want..no point of insulting that 'teacher' as you have no benefit out of it whatsoever..

iWasAdam

QuotePeople 'gifted' money, but who have no clue how the rest of us live - because they've never had to struggle.
TOTAL UNIFORMED CRAP!
You have no idea of what people might have/are going through. $10 might be the world for some, or nothing to others.
People have been through any amount of hardship, loss, abuse, whatever. It has no effect on whether or how they decide to support someone or not, be that time or money.
The end result is what matters. do they care enough to actually get up and really do something for others.

I might be disabled, I might be abused, I might be rich, I might live on the street, I might own my home, I might have to pick between heat or food, I might look after others welfare, I might decide who gets a home, I might have seen my family killed...

But maybe I'm the sort of person who tries to do something for others.

Steve Elliott

I'm talking about the Conservative leadership born with a silver spoon in their mouth Adam.

I'm sure none of them have been 'sanctioned' and their benefits stopped, causing much stress.

And Trump given billions by Daddy.  Therefore he acts like a spoilt child, more than an American President.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Yue

Okay, here we go, it's 4:00 in the afternoon in Colombia, I'm going to study at 6:00. I'm ready now, I usually leave at 4:30 but I have to go to my daughter's school to receive the report card. From home to Andap (study location takes me an hour and a half).

For what they have no idea how this is going, I work on Tuesdays and Fridays, and on Sundays 24 hours. On Sundays I do surveillance work in a building and for the next month do a relay of 22 days as one of the guards goes on vacation. The good thing about all this is that I will only do the day shifts, so you can attend school. Since it used to be a week by day and one by night. I appreciate that very much from the administration of the building where I work.

The days I have free rest, well not almost always on Wednesdays as I took it off today, just like on Monday of the day because I rest for the night, the rest of the time I go to public transport to sell things, or looked what work I can do.

My daughter is encouraging me to make a videotape of the school site and show it to you. I'm not really very good at that sort of thing, but we'll see. Likewise, anyone who wants to verify that I am studying can contact me privately and I will show you a link. 

So, I'll see you later.

Greetings.

Yue

Second day of school. Something more interesting than the first one, but more nostalgic, since it is a sin to speak of Visual Studio (Basic Language), since in the commercial field is used C++, Java and others. That is to say, the teacher does not share the idea of BlitzMax, since in a job that does not count in my work experience, nobody knows that it is BlitzMax, Blitz3D, but much knows that it is c++, and his argument is that BlitzMax was built on c++ and that is a programmer, a real programmer based on current standards. On the other hand, it is a sin to talk about joomla and wordpress. In short, many interesting things today, from supposedly remembering how a binary number is passed to the decimal system and vice versa. I don't really know what that's for, but it's interesting.     

The other question is simple: What do I do when I am 39 years old studying? there is a biblical text that says that for everything there is a given time. (Ecclesiastes 3:1-11), i. e. the time to study is when you are 11 years old, 17 years old, because what is not done at the time it is, will be much more difficult and as a chain of consecutive events other things spoil, for example not being home at night, and come and see my daughter and wife sleeping. I suppose they're all sacrifices, but it's only a year, and at least when I finish it the magic will have finished saying, I'm empirical. My little family supports me.

What else did we see in class, theory about ram memories, rom, cache, c++, java, java script, python, something called the Nibble, bios, the data bus, and this goes from a single stranglehold and the one who didn't understand did not understand.

In the end, I think this is a challenge, it's like a video game, it has to come to an end. That's why from tomorrow morning by bicycle to the school, two and a half hours, my family doesn't like the bike, you can understand them, but I haven't died yet with the accident so I'm sure I'll be much more careful because with the transportation to and from school. I can buy a bag of milk and 10 breads for breakfast.

It's no longer for today, so you can ignore the above if you don't like it.

Greetings.  :D

Rick Nasher

Great going Yue. Binary stuff is used at times in programming and sending data over networks, however most of the time you can get away with commands that do the conversion from binary to decimal and other way round for you.

It's good to know the basics though, so then at least you know what's going on behind the scenes.

Rick Nasher

Quote from: Naughty Alien on November 08, 2017, 03:27:41
...world we live, has become pile of crap...i have left europe for good, some time ago because of this reasons, and ever since living in '3rd world countries', where i have discovered that people lives more free than euro folks could understand, especially today...generally speaking, people here are poorer/poor, but it is a 'lifestyle' they have for so long that it is now serious advantage they have, something which euro folks cant comprehend, and because of that, price will come..for example..financial crysis had no impact whatsoever on a way this people are living...moral of story is, we should all give up damn 'responsibility' to a bankers from where all this mess is orchestrated, just as it was before (WW1/WW2)...same bunch of monkeys screwing us all, and we do nothing..in Germany, some of my family members were in a jail for expressing their doubts over holocaust..why?? We cant question that?? Thats free country and democracy(what a joke term) and modern society??  Europe is badly sick, and im afraid rest of the world, more/less..i hope that healing 'solution' will not be yet another massive war..i truly hope..

I'm all for freedom of speech and questioning things that people just accept as established without thinking twice, but in some occasions this can be dangerous or insulting for no good reason.

I know for a fact the holocaust was real because of my grandparents(Dutch) who lived through the WW2. My  grandfather who was working as a shipyard tech was taken to do forced labor in Germany and returned after deeply traumatized, but lots of other people in the Netherlands from non-Arian origin were not so 'lucky' and were seen deported, most of to never return alive. Also family of some of my friends experienced these things themselves.

These horrific things that can happen in war, such as ethnic cleansing are not just limited to Europe though, they just were more sophisticated at it. We can only hope people won't forget after the eldest witnesses have all died, for history could repeat.

Yue

There is something called comfort zone, if you live well, with a good job, with a house, a car, you go on vacation every certain time, people do not like to be talked to, they do not like to hear about how bad the world is going. This affects their consciousness, their emotional stability and they feel offended. I guess it's the conscience.

The world is really strange, history has shown that humanity those who govern, when it pleases them in pursuit of their interests, pass them from peace to war, and the cycle repeats itself from many hundreds of years ago, plain and simple reality. It's just what I think.