I've earned a scholarship to study. :)

Started by Yue, October 31, 2017, 03:06:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to know about my progress in my studies on another thread?

No
1 (50%)
Yes
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: November 13, 2017, 03:59:27

Yue

Without primary or secondary education, I took some tests and was awarded a scholarship to become a systems technician.   The study lasts two years, but I have entered a special program that guarantees my knowledge in one year.

I'm looking for support for my studies especially for transportation, since I have to work to cover the needs of my family, someone knows someone who wants to help me?

http://www.mintic.gov.co/portal/604/w3-article-60638.html

https://www.inscripcionesetdh.com/ConsultarEstadoAdmision?aplentId=889736c8-0015-433e-b50c-76da96a7eea5 Here you can verify my admission status, I send the password by private to verify that I have been assigned to an educational institution.

For my transfers I only need 1.5 euro per day from Monday to Saturday.  The hours are from 6 p. m. to 10 p. m. and on Saturdays from 8 a. m. to 12 noon.

If maybe you know someone who wants to help, immensely grateful.

Kind regards.

muruba

Congrats! Stupid question but why don't you get a programming job?

Dabz

Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Rooster

iWasAdam

Have you got any way of allowing people to support you?

Derron

Think what Adam is asking:
What ways to support you are available?

PayPal is not an option for you, "patreon" is possible also not available. And "Western Union" is surely something not all people want to use.

If you knew it before you could have entered the halloween-compo ...and maybe you would have wone 4 months of transportation-"money".

bye
Ron

degac

First, congratulations!

So basically you need to cover your moving costs for 1 year to follow the study? Or I just misunderstood the thing?
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

Yue

Not that they have much choice. I don't have a bank account, and the only viable option would be to communicate directly with the establishment and try to bridge that gap.

The educational institution is called ANDAPA (National Academy of Learning).  Some of them could possibly have a viable way of achieving that end.

andap. edu. co/

On the issue of working as a programmer, it's not that it's viable, one in Colombia just as in many parts of the world at least needs a certificate to prove knowledge. The striking thing about all this is that they themselves send you to a company with a minimum wage. 

Kind regards.

Naughty Alien

..try to find way to make it easy for people who are willing to help..try to be forthcoming as much as you can..how you then going to receive any money ?? What would be a pipeline??

iWasAdam

Yue, have you looked at:
https://www.xoom.com/colombia/send-money

That might be a start for you to accept any help?

Rick Nasher

Congratulations Yue! Well done. I think you really deserve this after all you went through.
But indeed for people to help you would need a bank account or something to transfer money to.
Perhaps  iWasAdam's link is of use?

I can't support you on a regular basis because money's very tight for me and my girlfriend too. It's mainly due low wages, dept up to my neck and high amount of child support I have to pay. My ex thought I was rich(or would become), probably due to my name *AND* she got away with it too!(I had a very bad lawyer and she had a female lawyer, there was a female clerk and female judge-go figure..)

But perhaps every now and then(like every couple of months or so) can slip you some 5 euro bucks if that helps? - as every bit counts?

Yue

Thank you all for your motivational comments. It's obviously a great opportunity, today I left work and walked three hours to get to class.  On the way I was thinking about the movie Search for Happiness, the drawback of all this is that it's not much about the ticket, rather I don't have that money for that purpose, I have to spend it on other priority things in life, renting my house, utilities, water, etc. I'm thinking of a bicycle option, but they really don't want me to do that because of the drawbacks I recently had.

I will also knock on any door that is necessary, someone may be willing to help.  This week has been one of induction and I have high expectations.

Kind regards.

Naughty Alien

..here is simple and direct question..how to send you money??  How? Can you describe process?

Yue

Hello, the only viable way I have received money is through Wester Union, our friend Derron sent me some money when I had a mishap here because of the floods. I just sent you my full name, identification number, home address.

But the most suitable idea would be through the government, since that gives guarantees that it uses for this purpose. http://www.mintic.gov.co/portal/604/w3-article-60638.html

I imagine that if someone writes and passes on my personal data to you, a bridge may open up. In other words, the money can be allocated to the government and they pay me for transport.

Another issue is that I am looking into whether it is possible to reload the public transport card via the internet. It is a green card that is recharged and used each time public transport is used.  But apparently there are no Internet recharges.  http: //www.sitp.gov.co

Okay, I'll let you go to sleep.

Happy Night.