Ooops
November 27, 2020, 09:01:53 AM

Poll

Do you want to know about my progress in my studies on another thread?

No
1 (50%)
Yes
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: November 13, 2017, 03:59:27 AM

Author Topic: I've earned a scholarship to study. :)  (Read 9861 times)

Offline Yue

• YiHosting Your Hosting Free
Re: I've earned a scholarship to study. :)
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 04:07:53 AM »
Well, something to tell: A week full of new things.

As far as I can remember, I never attended a classroom, that is, I didn't study, so while some people rode bicycles, maybe they played a video game, and so on. I was carrying an AK47 rifle, being part of an illegal armed group in Colombia since I was 8 years old. It's not that bad, I'm getting over it, so when I came out of the armed conflict, the main reason was my daughter, that happened in 2012 and now I'm in a classroom. With a professor who is half as young as I am and holds a degree in systems engineering. 

When I leave the armed group I face a new world, a society that discriminates against me, that puts me aside, I was offered a job but they didn't really fulfill, and it's not that they couldn't, months after leaving the ranks sick from something called post-traumatic stress, today even after a long time in my mind I returned to the battlefield. but this is getting better, and what better therapy than studying, getting away from the computer and interacting with other people.  It's like trying to make up for lost time, but even though it's not true my brain says it's worth it.

So without further ado, present the evidence and pass it, according to the institution's managers say, they just say that I have an IQ a little higher than the average of other people. Something I find really hard to believe.

In short, the first week has been one of induction, socialization, as Monday is a public holiday in Colombia back to school on Tuesday, from 6 p. m. to 10 p. m., so when I come back to class, I will be a little older, that is 39 years old, of which a few were lost somewhere.

So it's to take advantage of this idea, I don't know what the future holds, but at least I'll have a cardboard that says I'm something, or someone.

Greetings and a happy evening. :)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
  • I mostly code at night... Mostly.
    • SyntaxBomb - Indie Coders
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 05:25:27 AM »
I was carrying an AK47 rifle, being part of an illegal armed group in Colombia since I was 8 years old
Say WTF?!?! - When I was a child I went cliff climbing, had the local neighbourhood bully through a house brick at my head, snapped my shin in two places following a BMX biking incident and fell in love with the Commodore Vic-20.

For the sake of legality I think you should stop at just "carrying".
Mac mini ( 2018 / 2020 ), 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 1TB NVMe, eGPU Radeon Pro 580 8 GB, LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch
Commodore VIC-20, 1.1Mhz MOS 6502 CPU, 5KB RAM, VIC ( 6560 ) GPU

Until the next time...

Offline muruba

• Ivelle Games
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »
It depends on the local law I guess, I was told in Israel people walk into cafes with automatic rifles and put it next to the table while having food... Maybe the guy wasn't serious, who knows?

Offline degac

• graphio.net
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »
Well, there was the FARC form many years in Colombia... so there's a real (and sad) possibility the Yue is not jocking at all.
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

Online Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
Personally I think Qube is correct.  There is no real need to discuss illegal activities on this site - especially if it's involving guns.
Windows 10 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Big Sur 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, Intel i5 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi 400, Pi4, C64, ZX Spectrum Next.

Offline Yue

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »
Why do you always have to look at the negative? It's just a life story, whether you want to believe or not, that's personal, the world is actually more rare than we think. 

I could upload documentation and convince them, but I have learned something over the years, nobody was interested, only a few.

In such a case there is a sentence from a scientist that says:"We are all very ignorant, what happens is that we do not all ignore the same things".

Now, the important thing is that we all have options to change.

Now returning to the topic, the curriculum goes as follows.

It's 12 months. Divided into quarters, the first semester will be only theoretical, and the last two quarters in particular the last will be doing internships in a company, the best average above 4.5 over 5 canada will be willing to give work in Canada.  This seems to be very competitive, and what really distresses me is not being able to see my daughter, because when I return from school she is asleep. But she's one of the most encouraging in this process. 

Kind regards : )

Offline Rooster

• I don't know what this does...
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 05:47:56 PM »
Good grief people!
Not talking about these things does not make them go away. Shitty things like children being involved in gang activity and child soldiers are not going to go away by not talking about them.
From what Yue said none of this is on going, he not a part of this anymore.

Online Steve Elliott

• elgol 2021
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
Me being negative?!

All I hear of you, is you telling us your life is shitty, you can't finish a game (because you change systems frequently) and begging for money - and now you were involved in gun crime!

Qube bought you software - which you now don't like, so won't use.  Mike predicted this.  Perhaps completing a simple (but addictive game) might make you some money.

I come here to have some fun, chat about programming.  Not guilt-tripped into giving you money, for something which I guarantee you will abandon!  Like the many computer languages you have also abandoned.

Time to come here less frequently I feel.
Windows 10 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
MacOS Big Sur 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, Intel i5 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, Intel i5 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)
Raspberry Pi 400, Pi4, C64, ZX Spectrum Next.

Offline Yue

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »
Me being negative?!

All I hear of you, is you telling us your life is shitty, you can't finish a game (because you change systems frequently) and begging for money - and now you were involved in gun crime!

Qube bought you software - which you now don't like, so won't use.  Mike predicted this.  Perhaps completing a simple (but addictive game) might make you some money.

I come here to have some fun, chat about programming.  Not guilt-tripped into giving you money, for something which I guarantee you will abandon!  Like the many computer languages you have also abandoned.

Time to come here less frequently I feel.

I'll hold my breath for 10 seconds.  I wish you a happy day.

http://www.reintegracion.gov.co/en

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »
Good grief people!
Not talking about these things does not make them go away. Shitty things like children being involved in gang activity and child soldiers are not going to go away by not talking about them.
From what Yue said none of this is on going, he not a part of this anymore.
I know what goes on in the world and I don't think he should be posting about his illegal past gun activities, simple as that.
Mac mini ( 2018 / 2020 ), 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, 1TB NVMe, eGPU Radeon Pro 580 8 GB, LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch

Until the next time...

Offline Yue

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 07:13:37 PM »
In these times sincerity has no value. I know from experience, when you go to an interview and you have two options, shutting up what you are, or telling them, in the end they realize and you don't apply for either the job or whatever.

I apologize if this bothers anyone.

Offline Naughty Alien

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »
...i dont think Yue did anything bad by sharing his past life experience..he did not discussed it or promoted it..quite contrary..he just shared his past experience and clearly described how that affect his proper life and basically concluded that it was wrong...i think this is proper message, yes? I mean, if i share here some things where some of them is that i have had actually having 'cup of coffee' with pirates (real one, straits of melacca, North Sumatra, Aceh) and that i have seen how this folks actually live, does that mean im a pirate or promoting such things?? No..After all, guns are no problem..those who using are...and if it was not guns, it will be something else...so..chill out ya..guy was just open enough to share his past life which was not easy, and i salute him for choosing right path and trying to make his best out of it. Thumbs up Yue..

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2017, 08:42:52 AM »
Trust your own abilities.
Accept kindness when given.
Ignore what you can.
Learn from your part.
Love Life.

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »
...i dont think Yue did anything bad by sharing his past life experience..he did not discussed it or promoted it..quite contrary..he just shared his past experience and clearly described how that affect his proper life and basically concluded that it was wrong...i think this is proper message, yes? I mean, if i share here some things where some of them is that i have had actually having 'cup of coffee' with pirates (real one, straits of melacca, North Sumatra, Aceh) and that i have seen how this folks actually live, does that mean im a pirate or promoting such things?? No..After all, guns are no problem..those who using are...and if it was not guns, it will be something else...so..chill out ya..guy was just open enough to share his past life which was not easy, and i salute him for choosing right path and trying to make his best out of it. Thumbs up Yue..

Exactly and that is why I suggested he stop at “carrying”. Why I got dived on I do not know.

Until the next time...

Offline muruba

• Ivelle Games
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »
when you go to an interview and you have two options, shutting up what you are, or telling them, in the end they realize and you don't apply for either the job or whatever.

But it's always been the case isn't it? Job interview is basically both sides showing each other they know the rules and are happy to follow them (dressing style/attitude/manners/etc). Thus weird questions like "what are your weaknesses" is not that much about your weaknesses as such, but more about testing a candidate for mental stability and patience :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal