Worried?

Started by iWasAdam, October 15, 2017, 21:59:00

Previous topic - Next topic

sphinx

We have a saying here in Egypt

اللي يتلسع من الشربة ينفخ في الزبادي

Which means :

He who burns his tongue from soup will blow in yogurt (to cool it). (Once burned, twice shy.)

You know what I mean?!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

muruba

I think Mark S. is trolling the community out of sheer boredom  ;D

MikeHart

Quote from: muruba on October 16, 2017, 08:23:05
I think Mark S. is trolling the community out of sheer boredom  ;D

And what do we do with trolls? Ignore them.

MikeHart

Quote from: playniax on October 16, 2017, 07:01:45
QuoteI have an advice for Mark, get blitzbasic.com back again, enhance your products (Mainly BlitzMax) and charge for new fixes, updates, features and/or modules!
We can also just get behind him and support monkey2 so it can be that thing you people want :)

ROFL. That is a good. one. Do you really believe in that yourself? If he wants the support from people, he should stop acting like a little child, LISTEN and act to the needs of his userbase. Work for them. But insulting its userbase, blocking users for no apparent reason because he doesn't like what they say. Well... in my country he would be sitting in the streets.

Steve Elliott

It looks like as if you did not expect it Steve :P
I know you knew it a long time ago and most of the fellas here!

Yes I and other's have been warning people not to trust him with yet another language given his past record.  It was just a surprise that it happened so soon.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Derron

Quote from: MikeHartWell... in my country he would be sitting in the streets.

Weren't you coming from Germany? In that case I would to disagree because of "Hartz IV" being available for everyone in the adult age. So the federal government and the states are paying your appartment rent and also give you money for food and clothes - they even pay the health care bills. So if MS lived in Germany and was smart enough to "not get a job" he would have enough spare time while the government is paying him. Of course it also might be that he has to learn something new - and becomes a street cleaner :-)

Above is all an assumption of you (Mike) living in Germany and is written by me to avoid misconfusion about social system in Germany (the "social safety net").

bye
Ron

Xaron

You're right, Ron. But in that case he would not be able to earn money because he would drop out of Hartz IV. But anyway, it's quite a strange move with a strange timing. I haven't expected that to happen that soon. I think he got a burn out, mid life crisis, some point in your life where you look back and think about what you've done, your decisions and... well.

I think his primary idea was to get rid of all of you BB/BMax suckers  ;D :P and just create what he thinks would be an awesome new language for lots of (new) people out there.. The first part worked out great indeed.

MikeHart

Quote from: Derron on October 16, 2017, 10:16:34
Quote from: MikeHartWell... in my country he would be sitting in the streets.

Weren't you coming from Germany? In that case I would to disagree because of "Hartz IV" being available for everyone in the adult age. So the federal government and the states are paying your appartment rent and also give you money for food and clothes - they even pay the health care bills. So if MS lived in Germany and was smart enough to "not get a job" he would have enough spare time while the government is paying him. Of course it also might be that he has to learn something new - and becomes a street cleaner :-)

Above is all an assumption of you (Mike) living in Germany and is written by me to avoid misconfusion about social system in Germany (the "social safety net").

bye
Ron

LOL. After he called me an asshole on Twitter today, I say you are right. He would be able to collect because of an mental illness. He would need some kind of illness cause he would not survive a 6 months lasting 1 euro job forced on him by the ARGE.

Derron

Dunno what you said to him but kicking one who already (feels like /) is laying on the ground is nothing encouraging for that person.

So if one really has some kind of mental crisis we shouldn't rub salt into his wounds now. You never know how people could react to such things.

@ 1 Euro job
Yeah, and if you teach him a programming language in a course the ARGE pays you about 50 Euros per hour! and person! - got that told by two people - and the teacher often are not knowing what they even teach.

bye
Ron

playniax

QuoteROFL. That is a good. one. Do you really believe in that yourself? If he wants the support from people, he should stop acting like a little child, LISTEN and act to the needs of his userbase. Work for them. But insulting its userbase, blocking users for no apparent reason because he doesn't like what they say. Well... in my country he would be sitting in the streets.

Well, don't know if he called you that but to me you always looked like a little crybaby!

MikeHart

Quote from: Derron on October 16, 2017, 10:37:51
Dunno what you said to him but kicking one who already (feels like /) is laying on the ground is nothing encouraging for that person.

So if one really has some kind of mental crisis we shouldn't rub salt into his wounds now. You never know how people could react to such things.

@ 1 Euro job
Yeah, and if you teach him a programming language in a course the ARGE pays you about 50 Euros per hour! and person! - got that told by two people - and the teacher often are not knowing what they even teach.

bye
Ron

Nothing much. He posted that he thinks that the old BASIC/Retro days are over. My response was "I disagree. AGK has abig following and Your former communities screamed at you what they  want."              After that he banned me and wrote "Fuck off asshole". Thats all.  ;D Don't expect me to respect that indivdiual.

About the @50 Euro: Yes, the ones who take care of the workless and refugees. It is a big industry. They make much money of these people. My brother got caught in this. Because of a back injury he was not able to work anymore in engineering. They forced him to do these 1 euro jobs so he would not loose the help. Having a bad back and they sent him to the Caritas to empty out appartments. The Caritas gets around 500 Euro for every 1 Euro job person they take in. So they take more in than they need. And make money by just letting the people sit around. And also take jobs away from regular moving companies. It is a mess.

Steve Elliott

He posted that he thinks that the old BASIC/Retro days are over. My response was "I disagree. AGK has a big following and Your former communities screamed at you what they  want."              After that he banned me and wrote "Fuck off asshole". Thats all.

Yes I was very disappointed with that line that about "old BASIC/Retro days are over"...He mentioned the Unreal 4 Engine.  Oh get real, the hobby programmer is not going to use a huge development system like that for their little game!
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Derron

It only works because the "caritas" is a social thing - else a normal company cannot take away a 1 euro job (it is limited to these social kind of work).

An injured back: no occupational disablement insurance? Know one who is not allowed to lift more than 10kg now, and cannot work during night or laying or sitting... in that case his insurance pays a lot each month, enough to not need the ARGE or someone else to finance a "normal" life.
I know - sometimes you know what you would have needed just after it happened to you - and not before.

Regarding "f...off...assh..."
It is not kind to say such thing but I think he was really annoyed of life in that moment - and then, then there is again one of these grumblers who always say something bad about done decisions... "if they were me". If you are already crying out what hurts your soul at that moment then the slightest "wrong" word will make you curse around. You know, you are drilling holes in a wooden board, the last hole fails and then your wife comes in to ask something like "How do you come along?" and you are just shouting out "NOT YET!".

As written above, it might be some kind of mid life crisis and I hope I miss this "life experience" but I can imagine that life isn't easier with it. Imagine he now has less money to spend - but still has a rented room for his "monkey2 job" which needs to get paid for months (do not know the contract). Without receiving money each month this costs are now to pay from something else (money for food) until he finds a job. BUT the biggest problem: finding a job without _being_ in a job is the hardest thing, you need to take worse contracts compared to a "choose the best of the offered" as you hardly need any money.
But I also understand that the payments he got in the last months were already "low" and especially "unbalanced" (one 1.000 bucks donator versus some small-amount donators). He surely knew that this will become a problem in the future. And I also understand that the "fear" was always somewhere at the back of his mind.

But hmm, let's wait how things evolve the next days. I think some of the supporters will reconsider their financial support - it might get lower or even higher (depends on the supporters opinion on this).

bye
Ron

MikeHart

Quote from: Derron on October 16, 2017, 11:24:42
It only works because the "caritas" is a social thing - else a normal company cannot take away a 1 euro job (it is limited to these social kind of work).

I know. I ment they take away moving jobs from regular companies who work in that field. Not their workers. The original reason, that a person has to get the chance of reintegrating into the workers market, is not meet by any chance. The only one who profits from this is Caritas.

An injured back: no occupational disablement insurance? Know one who is not allowed to lift more than 10kg now, and cannot work during night or laying or sitting... in that case his insurance pays a lot each month, enough to not need the ARGE or someone else to finance a "normal" life.
I know - sometimes you know what you would have needed just after it happened to you - and not before

Nope no inssurance. He also has a deases where the meat under the skin of his hands deteriates, his hands are basically just skin and bones. After a while they basiccally forced him to go into early retirement, with all the substractions you get when you do that. He arranged himself. Cheap appartment, living day by day. Fair after working his whole life, not!

EdzUp

Quote from: playniax on October 16, 2017, 07:01:45
QuoteI have an advice for Mark, get blitzbasic.com back again, enhance your products (Mainly BlitzMax) and charge for new fixes, updates, features and/or modules!
We can also just get behind him and support monkey2 so it can be that thing you people want :)

It was never the thing they wanted. We wanted BlitzMax with mobile targets and a 3d engine. What we got is a translator and a load of half finished module's.

Before everyone roasts me for that last paragraph I have always said to Mark "get more coders in and expand the language and do some marketing". That was back in Blitz3d''s day, I would be happy with BlitzMax updated with optional mobile targets.

Mark has always liked keeping BRL small and it's his downfall everything lives or dies with him, every other language out there has gotten more coders on board if required to balance the work flow and keep it going. I am surprised Mark has lasted this long to be honest without burning out or having a breakdown.