Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Derron

Ignoring what happened in the past (closing down pages):

It is always frustrating for a developer if there is only critics coming in. We do not want to get praised but sometimes a "thumbs up" is helping to keep motivation up. Of course you also need these nay-sayers because they keep you living in the "real world".

Without encouragement of others sooner or later progress of your project might stall - and once this happens you will also change on what to spend your spare time on. Seems he lost breath for now.

Here it is of interest that some people "paid" him to do things ... he should at least try to finish for what they "paid" for. You can always update the project then afterwards (in your spare time - aside of your "real job").

Let's see what happens the next days...

bye
Ron

therevills

Damn! And here I am creating Diddy2 for Monkey2 and really getting into it! :(

LineOf7s

Well that's a completely unexpected turn of events.  If only someone, somewhere, could have possibly seen this possibility of this happening.  If only there was a sign, some sort of indicator, perhaps in recent history...

I've nothing against Mr Sibly - I am thankful to him for many many hours of fun - but you don't flush away your hardcore fanbase and then wonder why no-one else in the world - a big bad world that has never heard of you - has any interest in Yet Another Programming Language that's not as well supported or well documented as the hundreds that are already out there.

For his sake I hope he doesn't give up, but the overwhelming response to his sudden realisation is DUH.
"Life's biggest obstacles are your greatest opportunities to excel"

Naughty Alien

..im more shocked to realize that there are folks who are surprised with this..mr.Mark..really good fella, fine software writer, and very ignorant over things which should be 101 in any business...dont turn back on to your loyal userbase which is stick to you over a decade..as for this..

QuoteDon't really trust my own judgement in many ways. Mobile feels like it was a mistake - vast resourcees required for no/little payoff.

..why surprised again?? Almost everyone on old BB site was screaming out loud DONT DO IT, FOCUS ON TO BMX/BMX3d.. but noooo...lets invent hot water..either way..i hope things will turn out positively for sake of him having some peace of mind and money in a pocket..

..but, no surprise..no surprise at all, as many of us here pointed in several occasions, exactly, very same thing..

MikeHart

Sounds to me like Depression. Midlife crisis. And yes. The things he wonders and questions.... self inflicted.
[size=78%] [/size]

sphinx

Quote from: Steve Elliott on October 15, 2017, 22:02:15
Ooh   :o
It looks like as if you did not expect it Steve :P
I know you knew it a long time ago and most of the fellas here!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

sphinx

Here it is of interest that some people "paid" him to do things ... he should at least try to finish for what they "paid" for. You can always update the project then afterwards (in your spare time - aside of your "real job").
This is coming along ethical now, I wish Mark could listen to you and to the voice of brain in the first place.
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

sphinx

Quote from: LineOf7s on October 16, 2017, 02:40:07
Well that's a completely unexpected turn of events.  If only someone, somewhere, could have possibly seen this possibility of this happening.  If only there was a sign, some sort of indicator, perhaps in recent history...

I've nothing against Mr Sibly - I am thankful to him for many many hours of fun - but you don't flush away your hardcore fanbase and then wonder why no-one else in the world - a big bad world that has never heard of you - has any interest in Yet Another Programming Language that's not as well supported or well documented as the hundreds that are already out there.

For his sake I hope he doesn't give up, but the overwhelming response to his sudden realisation is DUH.
That's completely EXPECTED!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

sphinx

Quote from: Naughty Alien on October 16, 2017, 03:17:25
..im more shocked to realize that there are folks who are surprised with this..mr.Mark..really good fella, fine software writer, and very ignorant over things which should be 101 in any business...dont turn back on to your loyal userbase which is stick to you over a decade..as for this..

QuoteDon't really trust my own judgement in many ways. Mobile feels like it was a mistake - vast resourcees required for no/little payoff.

..why surprised again?? Almost everyone on old BB site was screaming out loud DONT DO IT, FOCUS ON TO BMX/BMX3d.. but noooo...lets invent hot water..either way..i hope things will turn out positively for sake of him having some peace of mind and money in a pocket..

..but, no surprise..no surprise at all, as many of us here pointed in several occasions, exactly, very same thing..
As I post above and as you said, it is completely expected but it was not expected to be that soon!!!!!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

sphinx

Although I am not sure if anyone will have the guts to risk/invest his time and money again, I have an advice for Mark, get blitzbasic.com back again, enhance your products (Mainly BlitzMax) and charge for new fixes, updates, features and/or modules!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

sphinx

Hmmm after reading my last post, what crap did I say?!!!  ???

If he listened to my advice, then why on earth wouldn't he continue enhancing MX2 and deliver what people did pay for!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

playniax

QuoteI have an advice for Mark, get blitzbasic.com back again, enhance your products (Mainly BlitzMax) and charge for new fixes, updates, features and/or modules!
We can also just get behind him and support monkey2 so it can be that thing you people want :)

sphinx

Quote from: playniax on October 16, 2017, 07:01:45
QuoteI have an advice for Mark, get blitzbasic.com back again, enhance your products (Mainly BlitzMax) and charge for new fixes, updates, features and/or modules!
We can also just get behind him and support monkey2 so it can be that thing you people want :)
You are right, that's what I said in the post just previous to yours!
But people must be convinced first!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com