sphinx

Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

Qube

Only updated to the latest version yesterday and now there's another version :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

MikeHart

Quote from: Qube on September 25, 2017, 20:56:32
You should start a rant about the many updates. Tell them!  ;D

Steve Elliott

Haha, they are productive.   8)
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

Quote from: Qube on September 25, 2017, 20:56:32

Hahaha, me too! They are really working it.

Naughty Alien

..they do work this thing up very well..i wish i know how to fix this lightmap thing and continue to work on other things..

MikeHart

Quote from: Naughty Alien on September 26, 2017, 03:18:51
..they do work this thing up very well..i wish i know how to fix this lightmap thing and continue to work on other things..

Did you conttact them? If yes, whst was their answer?

GW

Any word when visual studio 2017 will be supported?

RonTek

Quote from: Naughty Alien on September 26, 2017, 03:18:51

Do they have some sort of direct support since you purchased their product? I'm kind of surprised that this type of basic features is still not documented enough, at least they could provide simple example covering each feature.

Naughty Alien

..well..im still sort of 'afraid' that im doing something stupid, which is why im not asking yet again (i did post question/files and no solution has been provided)..i have explored all choices/options that i have...i was surprised to see that n AGK forum, there is no answer to such question and there is no proper example of doing it and apparently, some folks who tried it, having same result as i do (while commands for this are very straightforward)...

One example that does exist, as a part of demo projects, using OBJ file format, which ironically, doesnt  support 2nd UV map channel, and on other side, B3D, X, FBX i have tried so far, which does support 2nd UV channel, doesnt work, or to put it simply, i don't know how to use it then (note that they work fine in other engines)..far as i know, i did follow what AGK suggests for lightmap (proper UV slots)..other than that, i have no clue what could be wrong..

RonTek

Quote from: Naughty Alien on September 26, 2017, 10:34:56
..well..im still sort of 'afraid' that im doing something stupid, which is why im not asking yet again (i did post question/files and no solution has been provided)..i have explored all choices/options that i have...i was surprised to see that n AGK forum, there is no answer to such question and there is no proper example of doing it and apparently, some folks who tried it, having same result as i do (while commands for this are very straightforward)...

One example that does exist, as a part of demo projects, using OBJ file format, which ironically, doesnt  support 2nd UV map channel, and on other side, B3D, X, FBX i have tried so far, which does support 2nd UV channel, doesnt work, or to put it simply, i don't know how to use it then (note that they work fine in other engines)..far as i know, i did follow what AGK suggests for lightmap (proper UV slots)..other than that, i have no clue what could be wrong..

I see and it seems this tends to happen when their previous products main 3d format support is their own (DBP), which don't get me wrong, is good enough and with 2nd UV/lightmap support, same as B3D format.

It's kinda weird why they dropped their DBP format thing with AGK, maybe they consider it legacy now?..

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/218925

Rick Nasher

I'm afraid they messed up AGK cos since the last 2 updates shadows are f-ed, at least on my system.  :(

As soon as I add 2 animated models, the shadows of these 2 objects are no longer attached to them and look distorted, so I had to revert back to V2017.08.16.

See thread here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220769#msg2611519

Steve Elliott

My opinion is it's a great system, and covers many devices, but it's also buggy and slow.

So great fun and easy to use, but not for producing commercial products.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Quote from: Steve Elliott on October 26, 2017, 22:01:51
My opinion is it's a great system, and covers many devices, but it's also buggy and slow.

So great fun and easy to use, but not for producing commercial products.
You think it's slow? - I guess for big heavy logic loops per frame it would suffer compared to a complied language but I've not come across and speed issues yet.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.