Universal 1st/3rd pers. AGK Framework( - physics) WIP

Started by Rick Nasher, September 24, 2017, 19:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Nasher

->decrease (or stop) eating gluten foods (obstruct the lymphatic pipes)
->decrease (or stop) eating fried foods (obstruct the lymphatic pipes)

Didn't know that. Hmm..

->decrease sugar without fibers (fruits are ok, cane sugar jelly honey biscuits not ok or in little amount) (raise blood pressure)

Sugar=evil.
During summer I suffer from severe hayfever, but when I quit using sugar(soda, candy etc) then the intensity decreases immensely. Tested multiple times if really was like that.
E.g. would sit on my mothers balcony for hours without a problem. Then when took only 1 glass of cola and voila: Near continuous sneezing, leaking eyes etc. Very easy to demonstrate.
Wonder why science doesn't make this more widely known(money envolved?).
Fruit indeed is good(not always for the teeth though).

->decrease the salt without fibers (raise blood pressure)
->sleep more

So true.  Trying to limit salt(not always easy as I love it).
Getting enough sleep is very important for recovering from it, but haven't done too well this time.

->stop ejaculating (taboo, i know, but some say sperm is made from stuff from the brain / spine)

Interesting, that explains the absence of my braincells. ;)
But indeed, it can wear out the resources and energy of the body. I noticed got headaches returning after some hefty sessions(but I have a very demanding girlfriend  :)) ).
Nevertheless: too few ejaculations can also be bad, and I heard can cause cancer due to rogue cells and auto-immune diseases when gets into the bloodstream(can happen with sterilized men). Men who have it 3x a week appear to have less cancer - not to say it will prevent it if it's in your destiny/ body makeup.

->try intermittent fasting (basicaly you eat only during a 4-8 hours a day, then the body has 16-20hours to eliminate and repair)

Interesting thought..

->go outside a little each day and move and breath some fresh hair

(so hope you meant 'air' instead of 'hair'  :P )
I know, running helped me recover the other times. Wasn't easy to bring myself to do so this time, due the fact that I'm a bit of pussy when the weather is bad(and it is raining a lot), plus I have a bad knee.

Balance is the essence, as with most in life.

good luck with your project
Many thanks(will need it) ;)

RemiD

yes i meant "air" not "hair"  :P

about not ejaculating, or not often, i know this is a taboo subject, but did you know that you can have orgasms (several in a day) without loosing sperm (=cells+essential nutrients) and without feeling tired ? if you are interested about that : youtube.com/results?search_query=mantak+chia+sperm+retention

( i became interested about that when i noticed that the more i age, the more it took time (sometimes days) to recover my full vitality strength agility speed endurance clarity after loosing sperm, so now i don't anymore, and i can code things you would not believe ahahah 8) )

i think that the need to ejaculate often is propaganda to make people more stupid and weak.
the cancer cells in the prostate area may happen due to the diet (and personal sensivities), because some foods (mamals meat, mamals milk / cream / yogurt / cheese) are full of hormones which can cause problem in some glands...
personally i feel 10 times more powerful and clarity now than when i was loosing my cells and essentials nutrients... (a cause of aging is lack of cells and lack of essential nutrients!)

about movement (not sport), it is improtant to move because the lymphatic system depends on movement to move / eliminate the lymphatic fluid, but personally i am not a sport guy, i just walk, run a little, and lift some weights 1hour per week...)

Madjack

Quote from: RemiD on December 09, 2018, 21:24:05
personally i feel 10 times more powerful and clarity now than when i was loosing my cells and essentials nutrients... (a cause of aging is lack of cells and lack of essential nutrients!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV4Y_ensniY

Rick Nasher

Ghi-ghi..  ;D

No, homey don't play that! No sucking the life juice out of me you silly vampire like dames!  :))
"You got the body, now you want my soul- don't even think about it - say nogo " - but then in reverse.  :P

Perhaps we all have to go the Sting way and go tantric..

(How did we get this topic so derailed?? lol)

plenatus

Lol i try to write nothing .... but ....
"a cause of aging is lack of cells" .... the cause is that our cell stoped regenerating/repairing...

And about the ejaculating theme....better i say nothing  :)) ....for now i never stand up in the morning...i could lost my energy if i go a few steps.Bullsh..  :))

Steve Elliott

lmao, we could put this thread down to Festive Drinks...
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

Aging: a beautiful thing. lol

Ah well we can always try using FOXO4-DRI.
Hey wait a sec.. what ever happened to this guy? No more updates? Hope nothing terrible happened.
http://foxo4dri.com/

Besides that: did anybody notice Ray Kurzweil is seemingly getting younger?

RemiD

well, you can't be immortal, but you can certainly slowdown aging (by preserving your cells, essential substances, energy) or accelerate aging (by wasting your cells, essential substances, energy)...

Rick Nasher

So true. I knew a colleague who had a nymphomaniac as a girlfriend who needed it like 5 times a day and he deteriorated in front my eyes in a 2 years time. :)

However, scientific evidence also shown that sex apparently also keeps people young(at least when not overdoing it).

Balance is the essence as with everything in life.

Rick Nasher

Now to get back on topic:  :)

Ok, plot thickens:

To determine if my player model actually really raised from the terrain surface when rotating 360 degrees, I had put up a striped measuring pole, static object for reference.
But:
1.  Appears the height doesn't change in conjuction to this or it also moves upwards,
2.  When used different shadow modes it doesn't show.

Shadow mode 2 - the anomaly only occurs in this mode:

Shadow mode 1 - all fine:

Shadow mode 3 - all fine:

Possibilities:
1) Either it's just an optical illusion only present in shadow mode 2.

Or:
2) All objects, to which the object's shadow has been cast in mode 2, lower itself.

Or:
3) The shadow map gets displaced.

My best guess is option 1 or 3 or there's a serious bug in the gfx renderer.

Quote from:
SetShadowMappingMode
Description
Turns shadow mapping on or off, by default this is off. Shadows are only generated by the the global directional light, which can be controlled with the SetSunDirection command. Note that this is not guaranteed to be supported on all devices, you can check for the current device by calling GetShadowMappingSupported. There are currently three shadow modes that can be used, mode 1 uses Uniform shadow mapping which has lower but consistent quality. Mode 2 uses Light Space Perspective shadow mapping (LiPSM) which has higher quality in most cases but if the camera is looking in the same direction as the light then it is no better than Uniform shadow mapping. Light Space Perspective also suffers from shadow shimmering as the camera moves whereas Uniform is more stable. Both have about the same performance. Mode 3 uses Cascade shadow mapping which uses multiple shadow maps to maintain high quality near the camera whilst still allowing lower quality shadows in the distance. This method has much lower performance than the previous two methods but results in better quality shadows in all cases.

Note that when using modes 1 and 2, texture stage 7 on all objects receiving shadow is reserved for the shadow map. When using shadow mode 3 (cascade shadows) then texture stages 4, 5, 6, and 7 are reserved for the shadow maps.

Strikes me rather odd that it *does* look good in mode 1. 
It looks like the shadows get displaced, do no longer touch the models at the base, giving this strange illusion that models moved up in Y direction when rotating the model 360 degrees.
I've asked at the AGK site if someone can shed a little light on this..

Madjack

Quote from: Rick Nasher on December 10, 2018, 17:49:40
Besides that: did anybody notice Ray Kurzweil is seemingly getting younger?

You mean he's found a better brand of hair dye?

Rick Nasher

RemiD

maybe your collider is not the same size / radius than your debug mesh / renderer (to see the collider)

for me, in your 3 screenshots, the character floats above the ground...

try to put a grid texture on your ground, so that we can better see the difference

blinkok

It is the nature of shadows and what you see. The little bit of background that shows through in the first instance makes you think it's off the ground.
I bet if you coloured that in a image proggy you wouldn't notice the difference

Rick Nasher

@RemiD
Quotemaybe your collider is not the same size / radius than your debug mesh / renderer (to see the collider)
for me, in your 3 screenshots, the character floats above the ground...
try to put a grid texture on your ground, so that we can better see the difference

- Collider and model are same sized. It's a capsule so might look like that.
- Added a quick texture to ground(borrowed from blink0k, hope you don't mind) for testing purposes, but no show.
- For testing I also lowered it into the ground so the cam could see in between the other player models and the ground, but couldn't see through. However, it's tiny little feet are slightly of the floor, but these are just ornaments(intend to animate them later, if I ever get to that lol ).

Close up:

@blink0k
QuoteIt is the nature of shadows and what you see. The little bit of background that shows through in the first instance makes you think it's off the ground.

- Might very well be.

QuoteI bet if you coloured that in a image proggy you wouldn't notice the difference.

- Still looks little odd.
- Appears shadows are displaced more in mode 2 then in mode 1, while none occurs in mode 3(slowest).

mode1:

mode2:

mode3:

Cam angle also appears to have something to do with it.
It's especially clear when rotating round a pole like object:

Ok that's a little too much animation, but hey a movie says more than a million words..  :D
(Hope it's not killing bandwidth Qube)