Universal 1st/3rd pers. AGK Framework( - physics) WIP

Started by Rick Nasher, September 24, 2017, 19:26:37

Previous topic - Next topic

GaborD

Rick Nasher

Amon

Thanks, Rick. This just added a great deal to my knowledge of AGK2. Looking good so far. Waiting for a new update. :D

Rick Nasher

Glad to be of help.

I've stripped, split up and restructured the code to get a better overview. I've modified the camera handling and refined a few things under the hood.

Currently am preparing the code for being able to use in multiplayer. That means enumerating type arrays and once works the way I like it I'll bring back in the stuff I took out. Need iron out a cam swapping from 1 to another player bug first.

Hope I can release a little update soon..

Road map:
V6.7  (04-03-2018)
*See if can store cam positions/orientations  in typevariables  and  use when switching players (needed for multplayer later on ) and when switch from 1 to another cam mode.

TO DO(not necessarily in this order):
Fase1 - Cam/Player handling.
- Demo cam mode, spinning round player?
- TopView cam mode?
- Put back other routines I took out previously.

Fase2 -  Collectables/ Fire mechanisms.
- Create  bullets collision detection.
- Scorch marks for bullet impact.
- Create item mngr a la jeppe's
- Ammo boxes/ bullet system/inventory/scorches/bullet holes, grenades righthand?
- Target image? /zoom mode?
- Labels /energy levels above players.

Fase3 - Environments.
- Terrain.
- Teleports/spawn points.
- Clouds, sun.
- Foliage?

Fase4 - Enemies/bots.
- NPC(follower/clingers) A*, AI

Fase5 - Networking.
- Peer2Peer (networking stack, msgs)
- Hosting/matchmaking Server?

RemiD

@Rick>>i suggest that you try to code a pathfinding system before trying to code a turnmove detectcollisions reposition system, it will expand your mind about the possibilities and constraints...
Depending on the game, you don't need to detect collisions in 3d, so you can check if a turningmoving entity is inside an area or not, and depending on the result, allow a move or reposition it...

To detect collisions between a weapon / bullet and a character, you can always use linepicks and pickables or a meshesintersect-like... (with low details shapes)

Rick Nasher

'Little' update, mostly under the hood.
Source Download <here>

Naughty Alien

..nice..im building Point and click adventure editor, and im wondering, does AGK license allow sales of such product ??

Qube

Quote from: Rick Nasher on March 21, 2018, 23:03:38
'Little' update, mostly under the hood.
Coming along really well :) - I still see the bug there with MacOS and the mouse look code. Not your bug but AGK's. I see there's a thread on the TGC forums about that MacOS mouse look bug and it's not been address yet. I think I'll whip up another example over the weekend so hopefully Paul will fix it.

Quote from: Naughty Alien on March 21, 2018, 23:47:21
..nice..im building Point and click adventure editor, and im wondering, does AGK license allow sales of such product ??
Of course :) there are no licensing issues on that side.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Coming along really well :) - I still see the bug there with MacOS and the mouse look code. Not your bug but AGK's. I see there's a thread on the TGC forums about that MacOS mouse look bug and it's not been address yet. I think I'll whip up another example over the weekend so hopefully Paul will fix it.

Thanks, don't have a Mac so can't really check. Hope they'll fix it.
Do you have a url of the thread you're referring to?

Qube

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Many thanks Qube, I've just posted a reminder on the Bug Reports section of AGK.

Rick Nasher

Hi guys,
Projects(and myself) -were kinda on hold- due to my health and other circumstances, but couldn't resist to check back at it.
(which is not all that good for me actually, but hey..)  :)

Re-did some things to make it more modular for the multi-player preps and also reduced FPS drop, caused by shadows on my low spec, ancient machine.
So can now choose between 3 shadow modes: optimized for speed, quality or a compromise between those two(default).

However I noticed an odd behavior:
-When turning round 360degrees in 3rd person cam mode, it appears the player object moves upwards a little (in the Y direction), perhaps while passing over it's own shadow??
-At same time happens also for the other 2 player objects, even while I'm only controlling the 1st player object?!

Can't really figure out why, as PlayerY variable remains the same and the other 2 players aren't linked to the controls at that time..
Wondering if it's an optical illusion, but don't think so.

Can anybody please confirm/debunk this odd behavior?
(control rotation by pressing A, D or using the mouse)

Sources Download Link(as usual) on:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2w05fty0l510mdj/U3D13P_FW_V6.9.rar/file
*Do not use IE for download for it can't handle the nasty popups of MediaFire(I use Chrome to avoid).

RemiD

Projects(and myself) -were kinda on hold- due to my health and other circumstances, but couldn't resist to check back at it.
wondered what happened to you, since you were quite active around here ( i hope that you are ok ;D )

-When turning round 360degrees in 3rd person cam mode, it appears the player object moves upwards a little (in the Y direction), perhaps while passing over it's own shadow??
-At same time happens also for the other 2 player objects, even while I'm only controlling the 1st player object?!
it could be an error in your code, or a bug in AGK...

few things i would do to determine the cause :
->check in realtime the Yaw value and the Y value to see when this happens exactly
->check the MouseXSpeed value (or similar) or how you increment / decrement the Yaw value to see if there is some weird variation
->recode a similar look turn move function but without collider/physics
->check the procedures which affects all characters (to determine why they are all moved upward)

Rick Nasher

@RemiD

Hehehe, indeed long time no hear, no see. How are you doing?

Unfortunately family related circumstances(I have a very ill family member, which takes a lot out of me and affects my resilience) caused it to tip over and worsened the condition. Add to that my overal physical condition and it's party-time(not).  :(
To makes things worse: this time it really takes a long time to get back to 'normal' levels.

Typing this alone already takes a lot( giving me headaches) so I probably shouldn't, but hey I'm just too bored.

Now to get back on topic:
I thought about that and if my condition permits I'll give it a try. Could be something I previously missed or AGK introduced a bug related to either rotation round the Y-axis(possible, as they recently increased performance) or has has to do with the shadow system(less likely).

RemiD

a few suggestions to (maybe) improve your condition :
->decrease (or stop) eating gluten foods (obstruct the lymphatic pipes)
->decrease (or stop) eating fried foods (obstruct the lymphatic pipes)
->decrease sugar without fibers (fruits are ok, cane sugar jelly honey biscuits not ok or in little amount) (raise blood pressure)
->decrease the salt without fibers (raise blood pressure)
->sleep more
->stop ejaculating (taboo, i know, but some say sperm is made from stuff from the brain / spine)
->try intermittent fasting (basicaly you eat only during a 4-8 hours a day, then the body has 16-20hours to eliminate and repair)
->go outside a little each day and move and breath some fresh air

but as always, do what you want !

good luck with your project