..domain name registration time..

Started by Naughty Alien, September 17, 2017, 10:55:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..hi guys..after domain name is registered, how long it takes to see an effect (its unavailable to others)?? I have purchased domain, and i still see that its available for purchase?!

Derron

This depends on
- your domain seller (how long until he sends the registration to the registry)
- and the domain registry (how long they need to update their DB)
normally this should be automated but maybe there are security concerns somewhere making it "pending" (cannot imagine that, but everything is possible)

The generic "accessability" (users with browser typing in "yourdomain.tld") then depends on their DNS' update state.

Normally (for .de-domains) it takes some minutes - at least it was that way for the dozen domains I bought.

bye
Ron

Steve Elliott

It should be instant, that has been the case with my websites.

As Derron said, maybe there is a reason why it's become 'pending' - I would query the delay.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Naughty Alien

..i have registered it trough Vodahost (registration only)..i thought its instant...im not sure, should i write an email or just wait a bit more..mm

Steve Elliott

I've only ever bought domains through company's that produced the web design software and hosted my websites - and that was instant.

Maybe things run slower on a Sunday, when did you register?  Today?  Yesterday?  I'd contact them tomorrow.

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Naughty Alien

yes..maybe its sunday..i registered some 3 hr ago..i thought its instant, which is why im asking..

MikeHart

I used 1&1 und Strato here in Germany. It was basically instant here.

sphinx

I think it is instantly registered and no one else will be able to register the same domain, other than that it may needs little time to be shown to the public!
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com