Hello people!

Started by RobFarley, September 12, 2017, 15:44:28

Previous topic - Next topic

RobFarley

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone on the Forum, I did Blitz3D for a while... a while ago... like 10 years ago or so... Had a game released, Sphere Racer, started a couple of Community Projects, Jump Around and Alien Breed... and generally made a pain in the arse of myself. 10 years later I have 2 kids and had basically no time on my hands, however, as said offspring have got older I feel like I might actually have some time to code for fun again (as opposed to just doing my proper job), so looking at 'porting' some of my old blitz projects to Android and see how that all goes!

Anyway, on the off chance I thought I'd look up the old blitz site only to find it gone! Gasp! Then I found this place, and thought I'd say hello...

Hello.
Cheers, Rob

sphinx

I've been in the exact same situation a few days ago when I first discovered this forums, so you are not alone  :D

Welcome aboard RobFarley :)
Kind regards,
Maher F. Farag
www.ancientsoft.com
www.osakit.com

Steve Elliott

A blast from the past  ;D

Welcome Rob.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rooster

Glad you found your way here, welcome!

Rick Nasher

Ah, AlienBreed... Welcome, good ideas never die!

RobFarley

I just searched for my name on here... so much of my old stuff in the code archives! Amazing!
Cheers, Rob

Qube

Welcome Rob :) - I remember you from donkeys years ago on the BB forums. Amazing how many from over a decade ago are still going, even if life does get in the way for a while.

QuoteI feel like I might actually have some time to code for fun again (as opposed to just doing my proper job)
I spent years coding apps and games for others and lost the passion of doing my own thing for fun. It wasn't until I reopened these forums and set the first game completion that I realised how much I missed coding for fun. I will not let that happen again.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

ENAY

Rob Farley! I've missed you man, and your Sphere Racer. Been such a long time. Hope you are well mate! :)

MikeHart

RobFarley

ENAY! There's a name from the past... Didn't you used to write daft letters to companies?
Cheers, Rob

Naughty Alien

..oh..long time i havent seen this name..welcome mannn :)

RobFarley

All the old faces here! Who else was there Ravey? Wedoe? Halo?
Cheers, Rob

Jason_W

Hi Rob!

I remember you.  I really enjoyed your hexgrid code for b3d (i think) example on bb.com, that I updated it to work with bmax.    I used that example to in Cobra 2d and 3d as well.   Thanks!!

http://wasted.nz/codearcs.php?code=2003

Welcome.

Jason_W

RobFarley

Simpler times... Happier times!
Cheers, Rob

Steve Elliott

Simpler times... Happier times!

Although somebody still comes through these days with a 'Flappy Bird'.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb