HC GameEditor

Started by Hardcoal, September 03, 2017, 14:54:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardcoal

I Dont see much excitement but I will Do keep the Good work.
Now Actually starts the more exciting things.. after a hard work on the functionality
Code

Rooster

Looks cool. ;)
Does it create a executable, or is it more of a script?

Hardcoal

it is already executable but you export it as an indipendant game off course.
its fast.. the stupid video was very bad.. i must make a new one.. because it makes it look bad
Code

Hardcoal

this is an example of a function that operates inside my editor..
its very easy to program a new function..
I really desire people to create some coding for me because i have no time for that..
hoping to see some interest..
it will be worthy..

ClassManager.AddClassToGeneralClassesList(New Func_EnableElement)
Type Func_EnableElement Extends ClassExtender_Class

Method New()
Info = "Enbale Disable Element"
End Method

Method PlayClass_Private:Object()
GE.Element.Enable.DisableElement(PEDC.Element)
End Method

Method WhileEditorMode()

End Method

Method OnStop()
End Method

Method OnBegin()
End Method

Method OnAdding()
End Method

Method OnRemoving()
End Method

End Type
Code

col

Just saw this post.
Yes, it looks very cool! 8)

You were always talking about a programming language that used some kind of flowchart system, is this the result of those ideas?
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Hardcoal

Yea col thats it is .. Yet I keep improving it slowly..
Code

Hardcoal

There is no point ill keep continuing programming with my problem..  (Monitor Allergy)
My programming is inferior Due to that and my pace is too Slow..
I keep doing it because I have nothing better to do ATM and I know how Good I am.. which makes me frustrated..

Here Is a video that Explains Manufacturers are Aware of this problem but keep manufacturing horrible monitors! God Damn Their Souls To Hell.

https://youtu.be/HN30fO2I2aU

as much as i know my self, ill keep programming because i want results.. and i love it..
its just a shame that i pay such a heavy price for that for my own sorrow.
i wish i wouldn't need to whine about it

Code

Hardcoal

my editor keeps getting better :)
today i dont feel head ache so i feel more positive to report..
Ill post a pic soon
Code

Rooster

col

QuoteYea col thats it is .. Yet I keep improving it slowly..
Well done!

How does it work? Does it work dynamically? Can it also produce compiled code or source code that can be compiled?

Hardcoal

Tnx..
It works without compile..
You build a blueprint.. and its ready to go..
After you create a game you can Export it without the Editor..
Thats the Idea for now..
I Keep adding more and More elaborate and complex Ideas to it.. I make easy life for my self..
Since im inventing it , I get lost of trails and errors.. for example I can work for a month on something and then decide to cancel it. (happens..)

When Ill produce a Game and even the simplest one like Pong Ill release this Version so You guys can check it out..

Meanwhile I still got lots of work.. Cheers
As long as I dont have head aches Im fine

P.S: I did some experiments with my Blueprint and Math.. but I decided its not suitable atm.. Shame.. It was looking Good..

Code

col

Sounds good 8)
I know how difficult it can get when doing a respectable sized project - especially if you don't have to do it  ;)

Keep up the great work!

Hardcoal

I Dont know how to explain it.But sometimes I dont feel like keep going..
Im >< that close to success And I still Kinda not Care..
I Dunno why.. I lost Interest..

Anyway.. here is a picture of improved BluePrint

I keep fixing small things though

Code

iWasAdam

First off - brilliant work.
Now you are ready to show people what it does, and how it does it. You are going to need to look at your UI.

People WILL judge what the app does by it's first look. They will compare HOW it looks to others and make an instant decision without downloading and testing it.

I'm not going to say what is right or wrong, but show you what your are competing against and what I think would give you some ideas ;)

Color and nodes. Color should be 'nice' to look at and give a clear indication of what things do. Note the background has a much more tonal grid that doesn't scream at you.

Here you can see a graph that doesn't need too much looking to, you have an instant idea of what it does

This is not potentially good with the colors, the use of many greys seems to begin to flatten things, but it is attractive to look at:

This has a really nice look to it, the colors pop, without distracting. nodes stand out. the link lines could be thicker though:

Although a bit bland to look at, there is an instant clarity with input and outputs being very well highlighted. You can instantly see which variables are connected:

This is nice and clear and shows nodes that can collapse. the links that are dark do tend to merge into the background though:

finally some from shader Forge. These are a 'no brainer'. They perfectly give a visual view of what is going on with no text needed.
They are not perfect. but you could work with them all day without issues.

Hardcoal

Wow Adam, First,  thanks for all your effort posting samples.. and Your Kind Words as well..
As I've said before.. The looks is at the least of my priorities unless its essential..
But ye.. it is in my priorities..
As I work alone I have no time for Fancying stuff..
Also The Concept is not fully conceived.. ..

I'm a bit low in my Desire to continue ATM.

I do it firstly for my self, than for people..

I have no Idea what had happen to me last days..

I was on fire and than all desire Fell down..

Though I think my Editor can be a wonderful Tool for blitz-max users.. and maybe also revive it a bit
because anyone can program a new behavior and then implant it into the Editor..
Its very simple to add another Function and than Clone it as desired,
making the User concentrate more on the Game then on repetitive annoying bugs..

I Cant do it all alone.. It took so much energy out of me.. and I have no one to review it and Give me corrections..
or Ideas.. which is Sad.

So it will have to wait for my next round of energy if ever..

I want to share just a little teaser of what i was planning to add. I was about to add [Game within a Game Capability..]

I have lots of Stuff/Ideas I could implement if wanted..

Like Sketching ideas on the editor.. or adding notes.. using the editor also as a concept design tool as well..

All this Ideas may remain only in my head..
Code