Hi Guys!

Started by Coder Apprentice, September 01, 2017, 17:24:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Coder Apprentice

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hi to everybody on this forum. I was an active reader of the now defunct blitzbasic.com for many years.
When it went down, it made me more sad than I thought. Seemed like an end of an era, but an unnecessary and very sad end. I contacted Naughty Alien via email since we had some Blitz related discussions before outside of the blitz forum, shared my frustration and asked him if there is any place where the "rebel fleet" gathers after Mark pulled the plug on the community? He pointed me to SyntaxBomb by Qube (super giga master of the forum) and I was really happy that somebody stepped up. Just want to say thanks to Qube for creating this site and all the people who joined in to be the part of it.

Steve Elliott

Welcome Kris!  :)

It was indeed an end of an era, but this is a really cool place to hang out.  Early days, but Qube stepped-up and runs a pretty laid-back ship - and you can win money in the programming competitions.

And I understand what you're saying.  Some websites are full of loud mouthed teenagers (that know nothing) lol.  The Blitz BASIC site, and now Syntax Bomb are a calm in the storm.  Well that's enough nautical metaphors...Welcome aboard...Sorry, couldn't resist  ;D
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

Quote from: Steve Elliott on September 01, 2017, 17:56:29
and now Syntax Bomb are a calm in the storm.  Well that's enough nautical metaphors...Welcome aboard...Sorry, couldn't resist  ;D

To complete it you should of course have said: "Welcome aboard of the Love Boat! " :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wFEB4Oxlo
Which leads to our favorite pop-quiz question: -Who would you be if you had to be one of the crewmembers?- xD
Anywho: Welcome aboard Kris! The bar is to the left..

Steve Elliott

OMG, that's far too cheesy lol.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

Qube

Quoteso I hope SyntaxBomb is here to stay for a long time.
Never fear, it'll be here for as long as members use it :)

QuoteFunny thing is that I liked/found interesting many of the off topic discussions on blitz that were eventually locked by Simon or Mark because they disagreed with a few people on the given topic but there were no personal attacks or extreme ideas. So as much as I liked it, it became more restricted towards the end I found. I might be wrong here though...
I like to think of this forum in the same vein as sitting in your garden on a sunny Sunday afternoon with a few mate chilling out, having a laugh and knocking back a few beers.

Welcome on board and have fun :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..welcome man..welcome :)

Rooster

Glad to have you.
I was going to say welcome aboard, but it looks like I was beat to it. :P

Quote from: Steve Elliott on September 01, 2017, 17:56:29
And I understand what you're saying.  Some websites are full of loud mouthed teenagers (that know nothing) lol.  The Blitz BASIC site, and now Syntax Bomb are a calm in the storm.
Hey! What did we ever do to you? :P