..level conversions..

Started by Naughty Alien, August 22, 2017, 14:55:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..okay..this is some old geometry i have had done for years, but never used..now im taking it all and converting to use with AGK..it wasnt that difficult really, as file format support is fantastic..some minor issues with textures assigning, but ill sort it out later..important is, its loaded and works smooth and fast..geometry is very low poly, but thats ok as ill be using precisely set locations on this levels (and many more coming), where low poly impact is not really visible..its PNC game after all..hehe..here are some shots of first conversions done on 1st level(not yet completed)..i hope you like it..

Steve Elliott

You're hooked on AGK aren't you NA?  hehe  ;D

Looks great!
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Naughty Alien

..it truly does feel as B3D v2.0..but i like fact that works out of box on all targets i want, without hickup..thats something really nice to know while developing..so, for what im planing/working on now, is perfect as it offers more than i need (vfx wise)..nice little system..hehe

Steve Elliott

100% agree - and great file format support is a big plus!  But I do prefer to work in C++...And it also offers that option too!!   :D
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

You take the words out of my mouth: it really does feel like Blitz3D 2.0, works out of the box and is x-platform!
Great stuff.  8)

Like your gfx.

>The King(B3D) is dead, long live the King(AGK)! :)

Rick Nasher

Only thing I miss so far is something like:
camera = CreateCamera()

Therefor default object 1 is always the camera.

Steve Elliott

Looks like you've got AGK's shaders working NA.  Nice water and bloom shaders there.

I've not tried the 3D features yet.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rooster

Qube

Very nice :D - What shaders are you using? ( or to rephrase, give them to me now! :P )
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

There's a water shader here, which I already put to work on terrain with shadows and all:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216713

I'm currently trying to create a nice 1st & 3rd person cam so can actually use it the way I want and was used to in B3D.

Yue

Really beautiful. With this you can bury Blitz3D.

The pirate version I have does not cast shadows ....

Qube

QuoteThe pirate version I have does not cast shadows ....
I'm gutted for you that your pirated version isn't the latest  :'(

Why don't you just buy it? - It's not expensive. Is your Leadwerks engine a pirate one too as that costs more than AGK?
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

..ahh..yes..thats the one, but with changed normalmaps/shader parameters..there are some nice water shaders to be ported later..and also standard bloom is used..nothing really much, as im just in process of converting plenty of geometry i have already..

@Yue
Maybe its not good idea to be that vocal about using pirated software..hehehe..but yes..how did you get Leadwerks...its more expensive than GDK ?

Yue

Quote from: Naughty Alien on August 24, 2017, 02:13:44
..ahh..yes..thats the one, but with changed normalmaps/shader parameters..there are some nice water shaders to be ported later..and also standard bloom is used..nothing really much, as im just in process of converting plenty of geometry i have already..

@Yue
Maybe its not good idea to be that vocal about using pirated software..hehehe..but yes..how did you get Leadwerks...its more expensive than GDK ?

The standard version gives me the gift Josh, he sends me a code and activates it in steam. I acquire the promotion of c ++, for the promotion season, which came in Colombian pesos at about 35,000 Colombian pesos, without the promotion costs about 200,000 Colombian pesos. The trick was that I made the purchase with an intermedierio which bought leadwerks edition of c ++ and I sent it as a gift. So I was able to acquire leadwerks.

Now, to buy appgame kit costs 300,000 pesos, that's half of my monthly salary, I do not think I can give a gu of those, and although currently this promotion is still very expensive for me. 144,000 pesos

I do not want to look like I'm complaining, I simply do not have access to certain things, so that's how the world works, I had to save eight months to buy a used gtx 1050 graphics card. Possibly if there is a much cheaper rabaja to about 50,000 Colombian pesos possibly if I buy it.

Greetings.

Naughty Alien

..i understand..thats okay..eventually it will work out well man..no worry..