AGK which package?

Started by cpsmith0191, August 14, 2017, 00:04:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cpsmith0191

Just spotted AGK and having difficulty deciding which package if any would suit my needs.
I work on desktops/laptops, PC/Mac and try to produce 2D board type games (square/hex based), I'm not to fussed about graphics but being able to import decent art work for playing pieces would be nice, some of the playing boards are bigger than full screen so being able to scroll a viewing widow is a must and I don't bother with sound.
Most importantly I go for P2P multiplayer games (usually 2 players but maybe up to 6). Speed of communication isn't an issue as these are turned based games. Is AGK suitable for this type of program development and if so which of the many options will include the above functionality? Any advice appreciated? Have fun cps

Naughty Alien

..i think you should go after premium pack as it does contain AppgameKit and some assets, and is cheaper than AppGameKit alone as its discount is expired..so, discount on Premium pack is still cheaper, so ill go for that, as marked on pic..

cpsmith0191

Thanks for the feedback, just got to check my mac OS version for compatibility. Have fun cps
Just checked, I'm on 10.6 so unless I upgrade my mac then AGK isn't for me.. Thanks for info anyway.

MikeHart

Quote from: cpsmith0191 on August 15, 2017, 00:42:13
Just checked, I'm on 10.6 ....

That is Snow Leopard, right? Quite some releases behind the times. What machine are you running it on?

cpsmith0191

I'm running 10.6.8 of a 2.16GHz Intel 2 core Duo 4G (only 3G mapped apparently) Imac 6.1
Slightly grey around the temples but it runs XCode, Objective C and Blitz Max OK along with graphic and sound manipulation packages.
Maybe I should upgrade but I was a late starter with macs (I've only had it about 5 years). Have fun cps

MikeHart

If that is a machine from 2012 you can upgrade to Sierra.

Edit: nope machine is to old. It is not from 2012.

Qube

An Imac 6.1 model is 10 years old :o - Unfortunately in computing terms its an antique  ::)

The minimum requirements for AGK is OSX Mountain Lion and an iMac 6.1 model does not support that version of OSX.

I have an iMac 27" 2013 model I could sell you at a great price? :D - Runs the latest OSX and AGK versions just great. 
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

cpsmith0191

qube, sounds interesting.. Do you want my e-mail addr (its in my profile, if you can access it would be OK by me) in order to discuss price/postage etc. Should I put my e-mail addr into a reply on this forum? Do you want to discuss price etc in this forum? (I'm new to the forum and am not sure of forum rules). I have a paypal account if you want payment by this method. Have fun cps

Qube

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.