Code a game competition - Aug - Oct 2017 - £500 worth of prizes

Started by Qube, August 09, 2017, 01:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

therevills

For pixel art I've been using Pyxel Edit for the past year, its pretty neat.

http://pyxeledit.com/

Dabz

Nah, if I enter comps that I set and then happen to win 1st, 2nd or 3rd, then it my become a bone of contention. I'll just continue doing my own thing in the background

*whispers to Qube*

Here's what we'll do... You make the game, I'll enter it as my own, we win, we go halfs on the smackers... Everyones a winner...

*Whistles*

STICK A PONY IN MY POCKET, TAKE THE SUIT CASE FROM THE VAN, IF YOU WANT THE BEST'UNS THEN DONT ASK QUESTIONS, COS BROTHER, IM YOUR MAN

Dabz

P.s. I do realise you'll be £250 down anyway, but that's just a technicality innt! :D    Lovely Jubley
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Lol, great idea Dabz but we'll have to talk about it in private or forum members may find out :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

Maybe the person who decides the theme (and owns the website) could start coding before the start of the competition?

For fairness I suggest a poll to decide the theme.  Yes I know we all had an informal discussion beforehand :)

Not that Qube's integrity is in doubt, he's always come across as a great guy, and I'm not entering this time so no sour grapes.  Good luck with your entries guys.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

QuoteMaybe the person who decides the theme (and owns the website) could start coding before the start of the competition?
This is true, I could but didn't.

Members can pick the theme for future comps. That's grand by me. I'll also not be submitting anything for this comp or others for fairness.

Good luck to those who do enter. We'll also need a member to be in charge of the comps, organising, polls, winners etc. Any volunteers?

Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

I also said this, Not that Qube's integrity is in doubt, he's always come across as a great guy, and I'm not entering this time so no sour grapes.  Good luck with your entries guys.

Your entry looks good mate, so go for it.  You already made it clear you couldn't claim the cash, so it's all good  :D

https://youtu.be/mMTAslgE8Xg

Sometimes the written word doesn't come across as friendly as it should - sorry  :)

We'll also need a member to be in charge of the comps, organising, polls, winners etc. Any volunteers?

Nah, because I'd like to win one at some point lol.   :D
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rooster

Maybe who ever wins the competition gets to run the next one?

bobysait

New on the board, I totally missed this entry.

Anyway, is it possible to just -not- provide an "exe" (*) ?

I'm coding webgl stuff (100% javascript - with my own 3D framework which is intended to be open sourced as soon as it's fully polished)
So, it would be playable in any web browser (on Mac, Linux, Windows and probably on most Android/IStuff devices)
... and of course, the full project would be available in zip with sources and media included

BTW, I haven't started anything yet, I'm asking first, and then I'll see if I have a bit of time to build something in a small week

(*) I don't have a windows PC anymore> ... (actually it's in a crate as I'm moving in south France on november 2nd)

Qube

QuoteAnyway, is it possible to just -not- provide an "exe" (*) ?
If all you making a game that just works in a browser then providing a link ( or I could host it here ) is perfectly fine :)

Until the next time.

IanMartin

Do we post that we are making something, or just get it in by the deadline? 

If I get done, can I post it on itch.io and put a link to it here...or where do I upload it? :)

Platfinity (made with BlitzMax) on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365440/Platfinity/

Qube

QuoteDo we post that we are making something, or just get it in by the deadline?
Just get it in by the deadline :)

QuoteIf I get done, can I post it on itch.io and put a link to it here...or where do I upload it?
You can post a link to it or if you want I can host it on here.

Until the next time.

Derron

I try to finish something - but I already try to do all these little unneeded things (small object movements to make things less static). Gameplay is not yet finished and there are a lot of assets to still get modelled/rendered out.

Hope nobody minds if I do not do a "storymode/level-map" nor "profiles" but just a casual/easy-to-get game play.

some shots from Blender...

bye
Ron

Rooster

col

QuoteWow! Your going all out Derron.
Isn't that what you do to win a competition ?

It's great to up the bar of quality.
If the compos keep going then I'd like to think eventually you'll see some incredible achievements with participants putting in more and more effort to win 8)

Big up for the compos!! \o/
:P
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."