Winner of code a game competition - July 2017

Started by Qube, August 08, 2017, 04:57:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

And the winner is... * drum roll * - Qube

Super congrats to all those that took the time to enter the competition. I hope you had fun.

I know that it's spurred me on to make the time to code the games that I want to make again. For the last few years I've been doing contracted games and completely forgot the fun to be had with doing your own things. Doing my own things is how I started and I'll not forget that anymore.

The prize fund has been donated to the charity that I support ( Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary ) via PayPal

The next game coding competition will offer a greater prize split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. I've an idea in mind for the theme but if you have any ideas let me know :)

Once again, a huge thanks to all those who took the time to enter the comp  8)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rooster

Well congratulations to you, and the animal sanctuary.

If your taking suggestions, I say dinosaurs. ;)

col

Congratulations for winning, well done!
It was fun and very inspirational.

I'm looking forward to the next one too :P
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

muruba

Quote from: Qube on August 08, 2017, 04:57:42
And the winner is... * drum roll * - Qube
The prize fund has been donated to the charity that I support ( Mid Antrim Animal Sanctuary ) via PayPal

Congrats!

PS/ I thought that it was a joke about the sanctuary like some code word for a pub or something :)

PS PS/ But that comes from a guy who thought that piñata was a cocktail party, can you imagine my disappointment?!?!?! :o

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

TomToad

------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Dwapook

therevills

It's rigged!!!  :P

Well done Qube!!

And good job to all that entered!

Steve Elliott

Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

QuotePS/ I thought that it was a joke about the sanctuary like some code word for a pub or something
Lol, no, it's a real place :P http://www.midantrimanimalsanctuary.org

QuoteIt's rigged!!!
Shh :D
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Rooster

Quote from: muruba on August 08, 2017, 07:40:12
PS PS/ But that comes from a guy who thought that piñata was a cocktail party, can you imagine my disappointment?!?!?! :o
Lol. :P
Quote from: Qube on August 08, 2017, 18:11:53
QuoteIt's rigged!!!
Shh :D
It was the russians!! :o

3DzForMe

Congratz Qube, well deserved - and well pleased of your donation to the sanctuary.

This competition came along when I'd a rare two weeks free in between jobs - pretty fortuitous in some regards. As you touched upon, you lost the 'joy' of coding your own stuff.

I'm glad I got my quirky asteroids as far as it did, I'd much loftier ideas about using what I produced in B3D (so far) as a means to understanding how to merge asteroids with a 3D space invader thing that already had some terrain deformations associated.

Yeah, there's bugettes a plenty within what I submitted, but did I get a sense of achievement along the way. Thanks for the competition and for bringing Syntaxbomb to the masses  8)

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

QuoteYeah, there's bugettes a plenty within what I submitted, but did I get a sense of achievement along the way.
It's always a big thumbs up when you ship something :) - I wasn't even sure I'd get to finish mine as by the time I had "free time" to put into it I was pretty fed up with tapping away at the keyboard that day. It became evident that pushing myself was well worth it as I had great fun just doing something for myself for a change.

Moral of the story - Code, its good for you :D

Until the next time.

MikeHart