Cerberus X - New website

Started by MikeHart, August 06, 2017, 17:21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Quote from: dawlane on August 19, 2017, 09:04:32
The only other way you can install it is by building it from scratch if not on a 64bit Windows OS.
You will need to install MinGW to the system path to make life easier, and the Qt Development suite if you want to use ted.

You will find a cpp file in src\transcc\transcc.build\cpptool called main.cpp.
The command to compile it should be g++ -O3 -DNDEBUG main.cpp -lpthread

Once you have the binary, back up the transcc_winnt file in the bin directory and copy over the binary you just compiled and rename it transcc_winnt. All you should need to do then is to rebuild all the other tools in the bin directory.

If you have 7Zip installed, you can find out is a binary is 32bit or 64bit by using the command line version and passing the 'l' option.
7z.exe l path-of-file-to-check

Or that :-)

A simple way is starting it from the command line. It will tell you for shure.

dawlane

QuoteA simple way is starting it from the command line. It will tell you for shure.
Only if they start something within the bin directory. The cerberus.exe is still 32bit.
By rights all the BlitzMax source files that Mark used need to be replaced or removed and new easy build systems of each operating system created.

MikeHart

Quote from: dawlane on August 19, 2017, 09:22:37
By rights all the BlitzMax source files that make used need to be replaced or removed...

Why?

dawlane

QuoteBlitzMax source files that make used
The should have read ' BlitzMax source files that Mark used'. Now corrected in the original post.

@MikeHart: Because they rely on a tool that is no longer officially supported, is becoming unreliable and requires more work to set up. So at some point it's going to break completely.

MikeHart

Quote from: dawlane on August 19, 2017, 09:55:14
QuoteBlitzMax source files that make used
The should have read ' BlitzMax source files that Mark used'. No corrected in the original post.

@MikeHart: Because they rely on a tool that is no longer officially supported, is becoming unreliable and requires more work to set up. So at some point it's going to break completely.

Yes, you are correct. At first I understood "by right" that you ment "legaly". We should strive for a complete self containing solution. Means that you don't need other tools. The IDE might be an expection but the rest should be all CX.

dawlane

QuoteAt first I understood "by right" that you ment "legaly".
I keep forgetting that not every one would be a native UK English speaker and terms that I would use every day wouldn't be easily be understood by those that are not. The term 'by rights' has a number of meanings in English and can mean properly, in fairness, correctly, legally, technically, in (all) conscience. It depends on the context of the sentence.

And I think I need a new set of eyes with missing letters and bad punctuation today. :o

MikeHart

Thank you for the explanation :-)