Asteroids_3d

Started by 3DzForMe, July 30, 2017, 20:28:19

Previous topic - Next topic

3DzForMe

Well completed my entry...

I know with all the 'polish' you'll be amazed I managed to fit it in under 1Megabyte for the whole game - so those of you on dial-up needn't worry ;)

Enjoy:

Just finished mine - as much as I can. Not sure it'll make it into the 'good' bracket, celebrating my sons 18th kinda took precedence yesterday, link here:

http://www.wishingwellsoftware.co.uk/asteroids_3d.exe

Doesn't auto-run after install I'm afraid - you need to either navigate to the game directory or find it in the start menu. Seems to work on W7.

screen grab of game:

screen grab of files in the .exe:

Just amazed I got close to creating an asteroids game.... Cheers ;)

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

Yay! you managed to get it out of the door in time  8)

I did notice some funky magnetic attraction with the bullets when fired while the ship is spinning. I assume this is not a bug and down to a spacial distortion algorithm :P

I've never been praised in a game so much for shooting at stuff :D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Yeah, the funky space distortion to the missiles trajectory is down to some 'black hole' logic ;)

That praise took staying power I'll have you know :0) - praise where its due and all. At 7pm last night the 'player' was sliding right thru the 'asteroids', then it was hittting them sliding along the sides without any affect - it was a close run thing that the lives logic even worked ;)

col

Woohoo. Yep, you did it! Its out... I had every faith in you  ;D

Sure... there's some funkiness going on, including the mysterious black hole effect, but the physics of the greater universe are still not completely understood so who are to say that this isn't an accurate simulation  :P
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

3DzForMe

Quote from: col on July 31, 2017, 07:21:34
Woohoo. Yep, you did it! Its out... I had every faith in you  ;D

Sure... there's some funkiness going on, including the mysterious black hole effect, but the physics of the greater universe are still not completely understood so who are to say that this isn't an accurate simulation  :P

Well put Col, I don't think I managed to optimize how the black holes would affect the wormholes ;)

Cheers  8)

3DzForMe

Minor update (that'll be the one and only final update) - a homage to BRL in the top right of the screen:-