Leadwerks Engine.

Started by Yue, July 20, 2017, 18:20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

MagosDomina

I will agree that Unity runs terrible on lower spec systems. Something that looks like a predates 2008 and looks amateur runs worse than an AAA game from the same time period. Unity is a very powerful tool but you pay a price for using middleware.

Appgamekit has very low requirements, I will be checking this out for future projects.

ms62

I quit Leadwerk because it stopped using BlitzMax long time ago. Since I don't believe in writing app in C++, I never considered using Leadwerk. About Lua, I don't like the language. Here is the point. Leadwerk designer had Blitzmax version, but decided not to support it. I considered it as selfish move and stayed away. One of the reason I cannot convince myself to use Monkey, 1 and 2, is exactly that. I resist things that doesn't make sense to me.

AGK is a good product. But, I prefer one language for all. AGK's basic is good for game. For app, you need database connectivity, enough data types and GUI library.

Qube

Festive magic dust sprinkled and thread back on topic ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

You might move the "off topic" into a new thread to not let the thousand+ words vanish into /dev/null.

As my corresponding "partial ontopic"-post was gone too: JoshK was playing pretty bold here and maybe this is what 3rd parties (Nasa) enjoy. Think he won't have re-invented the wheel of 3d engines (of course I might be wrong here...) so it is just a matter of presentation and being "cheap to hire" - else I think Nasa engineers have their project budget in which they need to squish stuff like "licencing 3rd party soft" and/or "funding development". As they have special needs "beasts" like Unity or UE are surely hard to "fit/strip down". Will see what "Turbo" then lacks or has to compensate with some additional tools.

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher

Back to the nitty gritty. Well played. ;)

NASA also used to work with Amiga's in the early Space Shuttle era mainly because they were rock solid stable in comparison. Perhaps this also goes for Leadwerks??

Steve Elliott

Back to the nitty gritty. Well played. ;)

A welcome piece of Christmas Magic to make the extraneous waffle vanish.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb