May 26, 2019, 03:16:52 AM

Author Topic: Leadwerks Engine.  (Read 3714 times)

Offline MagosDomina

• Aspiring game developer website.
Re: Leadwerks Engine.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 03:23:34 AM »
I will agree that Unity runs terrible on lower spec systems. Something that looks like a predates 2008 and looks amateur runs worse than an AAA game from the same time period. Unity is a very powerful tool but you pay a price for using middleware.

Appgamekit has very low requirements, I will be checking this out for future projects.
Central hub for my Game Design related activities.
http://www.magosdomina.com/

Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, 48Gb RAM, CPU: Dual Hexacore Intel Xeon 3.33 GHZ, Nvidia Quadro 5800FX 4Gb x 2 SLI.

Offline ms62

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
I quit Leadwerk because it stopped using BlitzMax long time ago. Since I don’t believe in writing app in C++, I never considered using Leadwerk. About Lua, I don’t like the language. Here is the point. Leadwerk designer had Blitzmax version, but decided not to support it. I considered it as selfish move and stayed away. One of the reason I cannot convince myself to use Monkey, 1 and 2, is exactly that. I resist things that doesn’t make sense to me.

AGK is a good product. But, I prefer one language for all. AGK’s basic is good for game. For app, you need database connectivity, enough data types and GUI library.

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »
Festive magic dust sprinkled and thread back on topic ;D
Until the next time...

Offline Derron

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 05:49:13 PM »
You might move the "off topic" into a new thread to not let the thousand+ words vanish into /dev/null.

As my corresponding "partial ontopic"-post was gone too: JoshK was playing pretty bold here and maybe this is what 3rd parties (Nasa) enjoy. Think he won't have re-invented the wheel of 3d engines (of course I might be wrong here...) so it is just a matter of presentation and being "cheap to hire" - else I think Nasa engineers have their project budget in which they need to squish stuff like "licencing 3rd party soft" and/or "funding development". As they have special needs "beasts" like Unity or UE are surely hard to "fit/strip down". Will see what "Turbo" then lacks or has to compensate with some additional tools.

bye
Ron

Offline Rick Nasher

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 08:49:27 PM »
Back to the nitty gritty. Well played. ;)

NASA also used to work with Amiga's in the early Space Shuttle era mainly because they were rock solid stable in comparison. Perhaps this also goes for Leadwerks??

Offline Steve Elliott

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 11:16:51 PM »
Back to the nitty gritty. Well played. ;)

A welcome piece of Christmas Magic to make the extraneous waffle vanish.
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).
MacOS Mojave, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.
Linux Mint 19.1, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).