Author Topic: Leadwerks Engine.  (Read 2589 times)

Offline MagosDomina

• Aspiring game developer website.
Re: Leadwerks Engine.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 03:23:34 AM »
I will agree that Unity runs terrible on lower spec systems. Something that looks like a predates 2008 and looks amateur runs worse than an AAA game from the same time period. Unity is a very powerful tool but you pay a price for using middleware.

Appgamekit has very low requirements, I will be checking this out for future projects.
Central hub for my Game Design related activities.
http://www.magosdomina.com/

Windows 7, 64-bit, 48Gb RAM, CPU: Intel Xeon, 3.33 x12, 4gb Nvidia Quadro 5800FX SLI x 2.

Offline ms62

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
I quit Leadwerk because it stopped using BlitzMax long time ago. Since I don’t believe in writing app in C++, I never considered using Leadwerk. About Lua, I don’t like the language. Here is the point. Leadwerk designer had Blitzmax version, but decided not to support it. I considered it as selfish move and stayed away. One of the reason I cannot convince myself to use Monkey, 1 and 2, is exactly that. I resist things that doesn’t make sense to me.

AGK is a good product. But, I prefer one language for all. AGK’s basic is good for game. For app, you need database connectivity, enough data types and GUI library.

Offline MagosDomina

Re: Leadwers Engine.
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »
The truth is that it is very expensive  :(. But it looks very nice.
£30, expensive?  :o - That's cheap as chips

:(
For me, it is expensive, when I live in a country that realizes the conversion to dollars of euros, it is really expensive. Another thing is if you come to live a colombia with money worked in Europe, truthful that everything is very cheap.

If you send me 200 euros, that is equivalent to my monthly salary, and this is below the minimum wage in Colombia.

The other point is that I have no means of payment.

Which version of Appgame kit would you like? Would the AppGameKit - Visual Editor be of any use to you? I'd be willing to buy you a license. Sending you a PM.

Windows 7, 64-bit, 48Gb RAM, CPU: Intel Xeon, 3.33 x12, 4gb Nvidia Quadro 5800FX SLI x 2.

Offline Derron

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »
Yue wasn't here (at least posting) for months - as the crowd here told him to concentrate on his family and studies instead of lurking around much in forums while there was not enough money to buy food.

About 2 months ago he did the latest updates on itch.io about his "game creating editor" (lua stuff).

bye
Ron

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »
Which version of Appgame kit would you like? Would the AppGameKit - Visual Editor be of any use to you? I'd be willing to buy you a license. Sending you a PM.
I bought Yue a license for AGK last year. He used it for a couple of days before spitting it out and abandoning it. He then continued to plead poverty to the members of this forum on how horrible his life was and getting them to donate money to him. Despite claiming he worked for 13 hours a day, spent 8 hours travelling, going to college and also spending 10 hours a day on this forum ( do the math ) we all gave him the benefit of the doubt. Yue has since been banned from this forum.
Until the next time...

Offline MagosDomina

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 11:43:01 PM »
Oh wow that's a shame, I had no idea.

He was nice enough to provide me a complete back up of the Blitzbasic website before I stumbled across Syntax bomb and some Blitz related software and tools, so I thought it nice to treat him back for his help.